July 24, 2019, 12:18:18 PM

Author Topic: [News]Moyes lauds youth policy  (Read 2230 times)

January 05, 2010, 07:15:59 PM
Read 2230 times

NewsBot

Moyes lauds youth policy

David Moyes has praised Everton's ability to bring young players through into the first team and give them the break they deserve, when they deserve it.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/news.php?item.5548.33

January 05, 2010, 08:31:46 PM
Reply #1

Bacarelle

Moyes lauds youth policy

David Moyes has praised Everton's ability to bring young players through into the first team and give them the break they deserve, when they deserve it.

If he has no worries about Coleman, why on earth does he leave Hibbert on, despite all his obvious inadequacies, until he is forced to bring on Coleman because of an injury to Hibbert ?
The elephant is a pretty bird
It flits from bough to bough
It makes its nest in a rhubarb tree
And whistles like a cow

January 05, 2010, 08:40:48 PM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He only plays youngsters when he is forced to.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 05, 2010, 08:46:43 PM
Reply #3

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

Exactly this. He makes out like we are another Arsenal, if we didn't have these injury problems none of these lads would be anywhere close to the first team.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 05, 2010, 08:57:50 PM
Reply #4

blueski

wonder how many everton academy players are in the premiership at the moment vs. other clubs - anyone know?
Nil Satis

January 05, 2010, 09:15:34 PM
Reply #5

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
wonder how many everton academy players are in the premiership at the moment vs. other clubs - anyone know?

Well if they are playing for other teams it shows they have been released, reaffirming our need for improvement in the youth policy but off the top of my head;

Phil Jagielka (at one time)
Leighton Baines (at one time)
Tony Hibbert
Leon Osman
Wayne Rooney
Michael Johnson (sure I heard this somewhere)
Jack Rodwell
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 05, 2010, 10:51:56 PM
Reply #6

sukulpat

So, what about the youth players in our stock (Coleman, Duffy) they have to wait until Hibbert's retirement, aren't they?

Does anyone know about Peterlin? Is he still in our contract?

January 06, 2010, 12:20:53 AM
Reply #7

.Rimbo.

Moyes lauds youth policy

David Moyes has criticised Everton's inability to play an experienced team, more like.

January 06, 2010, 01:33:33 AM
Reply #8

toffee_scot

Exactly this. He makes out like we are another Arsenal, if we didn't have these injury problems none of these lads would be anywhere close to the first team.

Agreed. With Rodwell being the exception in recent times, Moyes has been forced to play youngsters, sometimes injury problems with first team players can be a blessing in disguise.

January 06, 2010, 04:49:07 PM
Reply #9

ForzaItalia

Exactly right. You have to wonder how many games the "youngsters"  would of got if we'd had everybody fit.
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

January 06, 2010, 07:40:30 PM
Reply #10

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
How many teams do actually play their youngsters when they have a choice?

Not many.

Even the much lauded Arsenal. The majority of the young players that they have "brought through" have been bought from somewhere else. At present they are desperate for a striker, but they're playing an experienced midfielder (Arshavin) ahead of Vela.

Why?

Because a below par Arshavin is better than someone who isn't ready for the PL.

This is exactly what happens with us.