September 17, 2019, 09:31:38 AM

Author Topic: La Liga Thread  (Read 4123 times)

December 13, 2009, 12:58:50 AM
Read 4123 times

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I thought I'd create a La Liga thread rather than a new thread every other week when there's a good game on  :thumbsup:

First up tonight, the Catalan derby as Barca host Espanyol.  Can only see one winner here as Barca are back in form and Espanyol are not doing too good at the moment.

Later on it's Valencia v Real Madrid which should be one of the games of the season so far - can see Valencia nicking that one much like Sevilla did against Real earlier in the season.

Anyway, hopefully we can just use this thread for general La Liga discussion in future if that makes sense....

December 13, 2009, 01:06:42 AM
Reply #1

Con.1878

Barca will win 4/5-0
I think madrid will win 1/2-0

December 13, 2009, 01:43:55 AM
Reply #2

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Barca 1-0 up - really soft penalty given for the slightest of tugs on Xavi.  Penalty well and truly buried by Ibrahimovic.

December 13, 2009, 04:19:29 AM
Reply #3

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Barca won 1-0 and it wasn't their best performance ever as Espanyol gave them a tough time 2nd half.

David Villa has just equalised for Valencia against Real Madrid where it's 1-1 with half an hour to go.  Was 0-0 at half time but the game seems to have really opened up 2nd half - Higuain put Real Madrid 1-0 up about 5 minutes before Villa's equaliser.

December 13, 2009, 05:35:01 AM
Reply #4

Endless, Nameless

Good idea Risky! Should we start a Champions league one as well, to save space?
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 20, 2009, 04:40:51 PM
Reply #5

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Video of Pep Guardiola crying after Barca won the World Club Championship last night.  Good old Ibra manages to snap him out of it though!

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/4245288/

January 07, 2010, 06:45:46 AM
Reply #6

ToffeeBlue83

Few shocks in Copa del Rey tonight (hey all the footy over here has been called off!) More than in the FA Cup anyway...

Had followed the front room guys advice and backed Atletico win but they bloody lost to Recreativo, Also had Villarreal (remember them) but they only drew with Celta Vigo.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 10:28:49 AM by ToffeeBlue83 »
Royal Blue Mersey - the web's newest Everton blog

January 07, 2010, 06:53:21 AM
Reply #7

Endless, Nameless

Pep Guardiola is only 38!! I don't know what he does so right, exactly, but his track record in only 1 and a half seasons is breathtaking.

January 08, 2010, 06:53:38 PM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Pep Guardiola is only 38!! I don't know what he does so right, exactly, but his track record in only 1 and a half seasons is breathtaking.

He's done very well, incredible in fact, but he's got one hell of a team.

His main achievement has been to revitalise a squad that had immense talent, but had lost its will with people like Ronaldinho, Deco etc not giving a toss.

I've been impressed with the integration of Ibra though, replacing Eto'o's work rate was going to be hard to do.

January 08, 2010, 07:34:56 PM
Reply #9

Endless, Nameless

He's done very well, incredible in fact, but he's got one hell of a team.

His main achievement has been to revitalise a squad that had immense talent, but had lost its will with people like Ronaldinho, Deco etc not giving a toss.

I've been impressed with the integration of Ibra though, replacing Eto'o's work rate was going to be hard to do.

I'm glad that Ibrahimovic is achieving his potential again, as he's one hell of a player. He's quite unique in that he's so tall, but not really slow and he has great skill.

January 11, 2010, 07:56:05 PM
Reply #10

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Higuain came up with another belter on Sunday for Madrid.

He's a much underrated player it seems in general. But he's keeping out Benzema at present.

January 12, 2010, 12:08:35 AM
Reply #11

Haile GAZrselassie

Higuain came up with another belter on Sunday for Madrid.

He's a much underrated player it seems in general. But he's keeping out Benzema at present.

absolute screamer by higuain.

barca hammered tenerife 5-0 as well.

i think the next el grande classico is going to be absolutley pivotal to where the championship ends up this season. you just dont see either team dropping too many points against other teams. valenica look the only other team capable of ever getting anything from either real or barca.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

January 12, 2010, 12:31:21 AM
Reply #12

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not sure MGP, I think both teams will drop points against other sides particularly away from home.  Both of them have struggled in some games and not come away with a victory - it was only last weekend where Barca drew at home to Villareal and Real drew away to Osasuna.

The next El Classico could well go along way towards deciding where the title goes, but for my money I think that Barca are likely to have pulled more of a gap on Real by the time it comes round.

January 12, 2010, 07:09:29 PM
Reply #13

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
At the moment, Barca still have the edge as they're that bit more used to playing with each other than Madrid are.

They have that extra fluency that comes from having a settled line up and everybody knowing their roles.

However I have seen shoots from Madrid where they look like they're going to be very good. Should be interesting.

January 12, 2010, 07:15:22 PM
Reply #14

toffee_scot

I hope Barcelona win the title, however, they don't look as good as they were last season, the passing at times has been quite bad and the defence is very suspect. Tenerife should have scored 3 goals early on on Sunday, however, they don't have any proper goal scoring strikers. Good to see Messi getting a hat trick though.