November 19, 2017, 03:46:57 AM

Poll

Where will Bilyaletdinov find his home?

Left wing
Right wing
The "Cahill" Role
Centre midfield
Another club

Author Topic: Dini' the Russian  (Read 8221 times)

January 06, 2010, 06:01:08 PM
Reply #15

cad

Really, he's a waste of money.

We bought a player we didn't need.

We needed a wide player and bought a centre player and whacked him out wide.

I agree, Blarg.

I just hope all this talk of tiredness after a long season in Russia holds some truth. So far, apart from the odd glimpse of creativity, he looks lightweight, slow, and awkward.

I don't think he'll be much better in the centre, but I live in hope.
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

deCoubertin

January 06, 2010, 06:19:37 PM
Reply #16

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
well  "the neutrals" don't rate him as a bad player .....  is Billy the new Fell..... almost everyone thought he was rubbish when the rest of the world rated him as one of our better players .....  now he has won evertonians over hope billy will do the same ....   http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/fulham/13342/premier-league-half-term-reports-burnley-chelsea-everton-fulham-hull.html?

January 06, 2010, 06:29:32 PM
Reply #17

NSM

Really, he's a waste of money.

We bought a player we didn't need.

We needed a wide player and bought a centre player and whacked him out wide.

I wouldn't say yet that he is a waste of money, as i was saying this when Piennar first started. However on the flip side he never cost us 9m did he?

To be honest mate recently i have seen our so called wingers being a lot more central whereas they should have chalk on their boots right?

could we also say then that it could be partially down to what Moyes is asking him to do that may be contributing to a lack of form?

Thinking of it, would you think even if we had a fully fit squad would moyes persist i  playing him or do you think that he would make him work for his place?

January 06, 2010, 06:29:46 PM
Reply #18

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
i hope he does turn out well, but he wasn't necessary. We've been crying out for a wide player for years, Moyes has never had a winger at the club to my memory.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

January 06, 2010, 06:33:53 PM
Reply #19

everton-4-ever

when he was bought he was billed as a cross between sheedy and kanchelskis

the reality he is more hinchcliffe and kilbane

a waste of money that could have easly bought us a decent player in a position that needed addressing more
do to the man as the man would to you but do it first!!

January 06, 2010, 06:41:56 PM
Reply #20

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Don't know why he was taken off corners.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 06, 2010, 06:45:16 PM
Reply #21

goodison85

Don't know why he was taken off corners.

because he was doing it properly! this isnt the everton way!
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

January 06, 2010, 07:07:46 PM
Reply #22

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
because he was doing it properly! this isnt the everton way!
   lolol

January 06, 2010, 07:32:00 PM
Reply #23

.Rimbo.

i hope he does turn out well, but he wasn't necessary. We've been crying out for a wide player for years, Moyes has never had a winger at the club to my memory.

Van Der Meyde?

:headbang:

January 06, 2010, 07:34:17 PM
Reply #24

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He wasn't the wrong type of player at all. He's someone who plays out wide but likes to influence things. A bit like Pienaar really.

The reason why he people think he wasn't needed is because he's playing averagely. If he was out of position, but playing him in the middle would release a star, he'd be put in the middle.

People just need to be patient. Given that he's our 2nd highest scorer and probably up there on the assists count I don't think there's too much room for consternation at this point.

If he's still like this in a year, then fair enough you might say we messed up on this one, but it's far too early yet.

January 06, 2010, 07:36:46 PM
Reply #25

Dr. Sponge

I think he's a very good player potentially. Great left foot and a good footballing brain, I'd play him in the hole, but it's nice to have his versatility.

The facts are he has already played a full season in Russia, before coming to the toughest league in the world ready for another full season. I think I'll reserve my blunt judgements until after he's had a proper recovery this summer. The first season is always tough, as Peinaar found out. Even Arteta had to find his feet.

January 06, 2010, 08:03:06 PM
Reply #26

efcforlife

Pienaar never struggled in his first season at Everton.... HE JUST DIDNT
neither did Mikel...

I cant fucking stand generic bullshit opinions that are quite simply bollocks..

January 06, 2010, 08:19:26 PM
Reply #27

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
neither did Mikel...

I agree but you must admit Mikel wasn't even a shadow of the player that he is now.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 06, 2010, 08:27:15 PM
Reply #28

Frantic

I'd rather he played like a winger if he is playing of the wing but he seems to get so central it frustrates me also has anybody noticed how unaware he is at times? it's a like a pantomime at times with him, saying this though I really want him to succeed because he obviously has a lot of class.

Maybe it's a confidence thing with him and after missing that sitter in the derby he feels a bit nervous to try something amazing in case of fucking up and the crowd possibly getting on his back.

January 06, 2010, 08:28:47 PM
Reply #29

Dr. Sponge

neither did Mikel...

I'm just pointing out that I'm not worried about how Bilya will turn out, because I know he has ability. Just like Fellaini has started to perform. But as there is such a "player bashing" culture, there is a need for some of us to compare him to other players who have improved in their time at Everton.