July 24, 2019, 12:10:08 PM

Author Topic: lewis holtby  (Read 2691 times)

January 07, 2010, 01:32:20 AM
Read 2691 times

fortune9

i scouted him on football manager an he seems a good player, an i seen everton are his favourite club. so i put his name on wikipedia/google etc. an it came up that his dad is a toffee an so on an that we have actually been linked with the kid along with united an arsenal. he said he would prefer a move to everton and i was just wondering has anyone seen much of the lad? an is he any good?
Those that dont know do not matter!

January 07, 2010, 01:44:10 AM
Reply #1

Sharky

been said before i think. Hes meant to be a good prospect but when hes been linked with us becuase of schalke's debt crisis hes said he wants to improve in the brundesleigea (german league - they have to be difficult dont they)

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

January 07, 2010, 01:47:28 AM
Reply #2

eame

I remember us being linked last year with him, but yet again nothing came of it.

January 07, 2010, 01:55:29 AM
Reply #3

fortune9

at first i thought it was wierd being german and supporting everton till i found out his dar was one of us...... an yes it mentions there financial crisis
Those that dont know do not matter!

January 07, 2010, 02:02:24 AM
Reply #4

evertonjoe

I reckon this is a player we'll be regularly linked with every transfer window until he signs for us or proves to be so shit no one would want him. Kind of like Nugent really

R.A.P Music

January 07, 2010, 03:09:40 AM
Reply #5

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon this is a player we'll be regularly linked with every transfer window until he signs for us or proves to be so shit no one would want him. Kind of like Nugent really

This is true.  It was only a few weeks ago that one of the papers ran a story linking us to him and all it was based on was a month old feature in World Soccer where they'd mentioned that he'd like to play for Everton one day.  It's a really easy story for the media to use any time they need to fill a few column inches.

Sensei is NSNO's resident Bundesliga expert, so if he sees this then maybe he can pass some comment on whether he's actually any good or not.  I know he is pretty highly rated, but I don't think I've ever seen him play.

January 07, 2010, 03:22:19 AM
Reply #6

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
at first i thought it was weird being german and supporting everton until i found out his dad was one of us (are we some sort of species now?)...... and yes it mentions there financial crisis

Sorry, couldn't resist for some reason.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 07, 2010, 01:53:33 PM
Reply #7

fast lane

Sorry, couldn't resist for some reason.

You forgot one, it's their financial crisis.
You could have improved the (non-existant) punctuation too,
Job half done..
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

January 07, 2010, 05:12:26 PM
Reply #8

Sensei

He's a really good prospect, probably not on the same level as Ozil, Marin (both Werder) or Kroos (Bayer Leverkusen), but a tier below that.  I'd say he's a player who would be like Bilyatedinov actually, not quite a play maker, but a player who can play really anywhere in midfield, spray passes well.  He has a pretty good workrate too and has a good eye for goal.  I think he could be potentially as good as Mikel Arteta, but as for him actually playing for us, well first we need to find a pot of gold, because I think he could cost us. 

We've also been linked incessantly with Schalke's Ivan Rakitic, the Croatian.  I like him too, he's already an important player for the Croatian NT, but for Schalke he doesn't really have a position.  He's the opposite of Pienaar when he was in Dortmund; Rakitic likes to play down the middle, but he's been forced by Schalke's playing style to stay outwide, where he's wasted I feel.

January 07, 2010, 07:15:02 PM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I watched him recently and he looked exactly the type of player we'd be after.

Good technically with a good understanding of the game as a whole both in terms of attacking and his responsibilities.

The only problems were the same ones that most of our current players have in that he seemed small and not particularly quick.

That may have been just that game as I don't watch him that often to really tell.

January 07, 2010, 09:32:26 PM
Reply #10

Sensei

I watched him recently and he looked exactly the type of player we'd be after.

Good technically with a good understanding of the game as a whole both in terms of attacking and his responsibilities.

The only problems were the same ones that most of our current players have in that he seemed small and not particularly quick.

That may have been just that game as I don't watch him that often to really tell.

I think this is exactly right, but he's still only 19.  He has still room to grow a bit.  I'd say as of right now he's better than Osman and nearly at Billy's and Pienaar's level and can be just as good as Arteta if given the right tutelage.  Unfortunately, I think Magath is a better coach of naturing talents than Moyes (not saying Moyes isn't good at that, but I rate Magath more in that regard), so for his sake he should stay.

But I hate Schalke and love Everton so he should definitely move, and should move :tongue: