October 24, 2019, 11:06:58 AM

Author Topic: The FA Cup - Leicester City - (H) 07/01/17  (Read 31128 times)

January 08, 2017, 12:23:28 AM
Reply #375

Thomas

Because this is such an awesome thread let me just ask... does anyone still think the 2 cup semi's last year mean nothing? Did we even win a cup game this season?

And that is why people last season hoping we lose to get Martinez fired just pissed me off. It's not often we close to silverware. How we didn't support the team to the fullest just baffled me.

Or clapping a City goal at Goodison because it helped them not Liverpool win the league. Clapping Naismith when he scored for Norwich. Like you say, we have strange logic.

January 08, 2017, 12:24:58 AM
Reply #376

Thomas

And, each of those kids I teach is more mature than you in so many ways than the way you come across on here

Its ironic being asked to 'get over myself' by somebody who talks with a good  level of narcissism.

January 08, 2017, 12:26:42 AM
Reply #377

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Its ironic being asked to 'get over myself' by somebody who talks with a good  level of narcissism.

Just stating facts kid. I can't help it that I'm awesome as fuck
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 08, 2017, 12:27:03 AM
Reply #378

cpaz114

I understand most of what people are saying but as fans we are so negative so quick to judge and pull them apart look at the bigger picture 6/7th in the league without a big run of wins is the best we could of hoped for at start of season cup run has gone out the window and that wasn't the plan but it's early days for Keoman and the new regime we shouldn't be so quick to judge
First few weeks of season Barry one of better players but the pace of the game is killing him now as he can't play to the tempo we need
We are in need of 6 new players but we are not going to be top 4 overnight we are not shite we just have no consistency as the players aren't good enough to do what we all want week in and week out too many players having 1 good game 3 bad ones (Lennon jags baines Barry McCarthy Geri and Mirallas)

Get behind the blues and give Koeman time to build his own team rather than taking apart what he is doing now with moyes/Martinez squad

January 08, 2017, 12:31:08 AM
Reply #379

BlueNoseMike

Thanks for the general constructive criticisms/nod my way, otherwise - that last bit is dead on. But if Liverpool sacked Kenny Dalglish for coming 7th, and @Silas (I think rightly) believes Moshiri to not tolerate failure, why could RK still be here if that happens in the summer?

Just for complete clarity, I'm not in the business of ditching managers rashly or early. Birmingham City and Swansea are good examples as to why. But it will need analysing.

I think Liverpool finished 8th with Dalglish but I don't think the 2 are comparable. Dalglish was a sort of stop gap wasn't he and had shown he was a bit of a dinosaur in terms of management.

The difference for us is that we've been regressing for 2 years and to establish ourselves as a top 7 team was the target. We are where we should finish at the end of the season. However, the over 6 above are head and shoulders above at the moment, so to replace Koeman for not breaking into the top 6 or 4 with this squad would be harsh.

If we;re still well off the pace by the end of next season or we drop down again during it, that should be when we look at replacing him. In my opinion of course.

January 08, 2017, 12:31:32 AM
Reply #380

KoemansNumberTens

Going by his general conferences and today post match I don't think Koeman likes much of what he has come in to and he's been very much vocalizing the need to change that quickly

I think that's the truth. He's looking around and doesn't rate very many and even the few he maybe does rate can't play with each other cos they don't compliment. Right man or wrong man only time will tell but he deserves time and to build his own team. We can't really judge him on the performances he gets out of players he thinks are rubbish.

January 08, 2017, 12:33:26 AM
Reply #381

KoemansNumberTens

Because this is such an awesome thread let me just ask... does anyone still think the 2 cup semi's last year mean nothing? Did we even win a cup game this season?

And that is why people last season hoping we lose to get Martinez fired just pissed me off. It's not often we close to silverware. How we didn't support the team to the fullest just baffled me.

Means absolutely nothing. We won fuck all. Most fans of other teams would struggle to remember our 2 semis and any problems we have now were largely of Martinezs making. 2 semis mean nowt and thank fuck Martinez has gone.

January 08, 2017, 12:33:45 AM
Reply #382

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking hell.

Worse than the match this thread.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 08, 2017, 12:34:00 AM
Reply #383

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Or clapping a City goal at Goodison because it helped them not Liverpool win the league. Clapping Naismith when he scored for Norwich. Like you say, we have strange logic.

The Naismith one is sportsmanship, pure and simple. When a player, who has given his all for a club, hasn't disrespected the club and has then moved on why wouldn't you show appreciation?

January 08, 2017, 12:45:17 AM
Reply #384

sirblue57

its the lack of heart/desire/fight that has me pissed off, we need a new spine for the team urgently. such a gutless bunch.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

January 08, 2017, 12:46:29 AM
Reply #385

irishtoffee

Who is happy with it? Now bore off to a Celtic forum until you can come back with something new. We're all disappointed and no one on here is content with seventh place
I must say I'm getting a bit pissed off with people's constant over reacting to Thomas's posts. He's as entitled to his opinion as anyone on here. Then people give out about him bringing up his love for Celtic when from what I've seen, the majority of the time he's not the one who brings them up. I'd be surprised if there's anyone who's not pissed off with today's result, but we're all entitled to post our own thoughts

January 08, 2017, 12:50:42 AM
Reply #386

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I must say I'm getting a bit pissed off with people's constant over reacting to Thomas's posts. He's as entitled to his opinion as anyone on here. Then people give out about him bringing up his love for Celtic when from what I've seen, the majority of the time he's not the one who brings them up. I'd be surprised if there's anyone who's not pissed off with today's result, but we're all entitled to post our own thoughts

Maybe there wouldn't be constant overreacting if the same point wasn't made constantly. Maybe, if he made some different, constructively critical points, they would be treated with a bit more kudos. Maybe the Celtic thing is a bit boring

January 08, 2017, 01:01:48 AM
Reply #387

everton1952

Apart from the unfortunate abuse of others, there are some pretty sensible realistic opinions on here. Quite unlike listening to the Merseyside radio phone in coming away from the match; with maybe one exception, the callers wanted Koeman gone; wrong man, clueless to name a few of the epithets. One goon said we have 14 players to get rid of. Now we can all count six, but 14 is a little over the top. I was sorry for the largely quiet crowd; there as so little to get us going. When Kone came on I knew it was all up. Seen it all before, but what Moshiri thinks would be interesting.

January 08, 2017, 01:07:36 AM
Reply #388

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

The team got great support to be fair.

I was interested to see what the atmosphere at the Utd game was going to be like as I thought it might be mixed.

And yes the semis don't mean much as we didn't win them :(

January 08, 2017, 01:12:43 AM
Reply #389

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I don't think those are strange instances though.

We could only finish 5th due to other results at that City game and there was barely any applause for them. No one was fuming though, but given the alternative scenario of them being champions that's not surprising.

Re Naismith he was a respected professional (well he's in that group of players who were generally slagged off but get applauded when they're no longer here, see Pembridge as a good example) and he was applauded for not celebrating rather than him actually scoring.