November 20, 2019, 08:04:15 PM

Author Topic: The FA Cup - Leicester City - (H) 07/01/17  (Read 32528 times)

January 07, 2017, 11:03:20 PM
Reply #270

burkey17

Piss poor performance and it's disgraceful that we lose after going one ahead at home. Not enough quality on the books and I'm sad to say we have not got enough characters at our Football Club at the mo. Yeah we got beat by the 'Champions' who have won one game on the road this Season but we let another opportunity go again.

January 07, 2017, 11:03:34 PM
Reply #271

Thomas

Waiting for you to blame Barry and Naismith for this one chap! Looking forward to it

Kone is an attacking option,we are losing, why are you angry at that?

Why does beating them at their place mean we should just breeze through them at ours? Yes we should be winning, but is it a massive shock we've lost?

Gutted about this btw, could have had a proper crack at this as we are not finishing higher than where we are. Perfect season to focus on this but doesn't sound like the players have been motivated

Repeated points are usually because dodging question artists like @Brownie20 never answer why they love finishing mid table and forget that thats what virtually everybody was aiming for Koeman at the start of the season.

Nobody seems to acknowledge bar me that why will Lukaku stay at a club finishing in mid table or at best to play in the Europa League? How do we recruit players on those aims?

Kone does not even warrant a place on the bench and has not played a game in ages. Leicester are this season towards the bottom of the league, at home we should beat them, simple as.

January 07, 2017, 11:03:57 PM
Reply #272

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Start of the season most of the threads on aims for the manager this year was for mid table. Instead of just criticizing me ad-hominem - why do you or nobody else actually answer the question?

Our fans are satisfied with mid table/7th place and will let a manager off the hook for it just because he is on 5m a year and the owner off because he's going to impoverish the Walton area and fuck off to prime land in the City Centre.
I fail to see how you think with the squad we have how 7th, in a new managers first season, is bad?

Where did you expect us to finish after two seasons of utter trash?

I'll admit a good cup run would have been nice but it's not like he rotated the squad and fucked it up

There's loads on here annoyed about the result but ffs we are at the min what we are

We have just lost at home to the champions and a champions league last 16 team
Simply simply lovely

January 07, 2017, 11:04:23 PM
Reply #273

velimski

Who will join a mid table club out of all cup competitions vs teams in cup comps AND vs teams who are in the CL?

I don't think any potential new signing will give a monkeys whether we are still in the cups or not.

January 07, 2017, 11:04:30 PM
Reply #274

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
Start of the season most of the threads on aims for the manager this year was for mid table. Instead of just criticizing me ad-hominem - why do you or nobody else actually answer the question?

Our fans are satisfied with mid table/7th place and will let a manager off the hook for it just because he is on 5m a year and the owner off because he's going to impoverish the Walton area and fuck off to prime land in the City Centre.

Yeah, it's definitely not because rebuilding the team after two disastrous seasons takes time. That would be far too sensible.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

January 07, 2017, 11:05:10 PM
Reply #275

Thomas

Give it a fucking rest. We're all pissed off. Don't make it worse.

Its a valid point, why will nobody answer questions like this directly?

'Oh he goes on a lot' yeah because nobody answers what I pitch at people.

So again, your happy with 7th.

What players are happy to join a team like that?

January 07, 2017, 11:05:29 PM
Reply #276

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

Just wow. People aren't happy with 7th place but some realise that it can take time and believe 7th at this stage isnt  catastrophic. And fuck off with the impoverishment like Walton isn't a fucking shithole right now and won't benefit from Goodison being used for something except a place to destroy dreams.

We get it your an uber left wing super blue but stop making out you are some sort of visionary who can see things everyone else can't. Everyone's wants better for Everton.

January 07, 2017, 11:07:30 PM
Reply #277

Cozzie

Really worry about the mind set of the players now and their hunger for the rest of the season.

The cup would have kept the season alive.

Not much going on now in the fight for 7th with West Brom now is there?

Wonder how this may impact transfers too.

Trust Everton to follow up a great feeling after the Usmanov news to this. You are right, EVERTON THAT.

January 07, 2017, 11:08:00 PM
Reply #278

velimski

So what's your solution....change the manager every time we lose a game?

January 07, 2017, 11:08:08 PM
Reply #279

Lxxx

Can't blame Koeman, he put out a strong side and we got beat. Just reaffirms what we all know, that we need more quality in a number of areas. Leicester have comfortably outspent us in the past 18 months, by some distance, and it showed today. They actually have a bench and we don't.

That's about all there is to it.

January 07, 2017, 11:08:17 PM
Reply #280

ally2

The fact that Kone and Robles were playing, and that Coleman was right wing should tell us all something.

We're shit.

Our squad is appalling. It's made worse because it was allowed to go stale.

If we can get 7th with this group I'd be over the moon.

January 07, 2017, 11:08:56 PM
Reply #281

BlueBeagle

Everybody answers you all the time, you just talk bullshit and live in a fantasy land so don't listen

January 07, 2017, 11:09:52 PM
Reply #282

Thomas

I fail to see how you think with the squad we have how 7th, in a new managers first season, is bad?

Where did you expect us to finish after two seasons of utter trash?

I'll admit a good cup run would have been nice but it's not like he rotated the squad and fucked it up

There's loads on here annoyed about the result but ffs we are at the min what we are

We have just lost at home to the champions and a champions league last 16 team

Who had a easy-ish draw in the CL and are near the bottom of the league. We got KO'd from the cup at home. Now we have nothing to play for clap clap clap 'he's rebuilding the squad' and all that.

This is a manager who has for reasons i cannot understand wanting to spunk 24m on Schenderlin and continues to be fascinated with buying Wingers when we already have far too many, and wants to buy a new CB who we don't deseperately need.

Then he sees us dumped out the FA Cup in the 3rd Round at home, and Norwich beat us at home, and you and our fans dont have a problem with that? "Move onto the next game'.

We CONSTANTLY on this forum when we had no manager in the summer asked for a WINNER and someone to change our own and the players mentality.

Here I am, being a winner - although @Brownie20 says 'its the same old point' which he never ever ever answers. Is finishing where we are hoping to selling the club short, attractive to new signings and below our abilties?

January 07, 2017, 11:10:07 PM
Reply #283

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
When did the FA Cup become an attraction to signing players?

The cup means fuck all to players until it's the semis

To think us being knocked out of this will effect transfers is nonsense
Simply simply lovely

January 07, 2017, 11:11:02 PM
Reply #284

indiantoffee1975

Best start getting players in the next 7-10 days. Don't do the usual Everton way clinging on until midnight deadline day to bring in average and loan signings. Get them done now to give the fans atleast something to look forward to.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 11:14:04 PM by indiantoffee1975 »