September 19, 2019, 06:15:51 PM

Author Topic: The FA Cup - Leicester City - (H) 07/01/17  (Read 29214 times)

January 07, 2017, 11:11:16 PM
Reply #285

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Repeated points are usually because dodging question artists like @Brownie20 never answer why they love finishing mid table and forget that thats what virtually everybody was aiming for Koeman at the start of the season.

Nobody seems to acknowledge bar me that why will Lukaku stay at a club finishing in mid table or at best to play in the Europa League? How do we recruit players on those aims?

Kone does not even warrant a place on the bench and has not played a game in ages. Leicester are this season towards the bottom of the league, at home we should beat them, simple as.

What question have I dodged you condescending little prick? Your rhetorical one? Where the fuck have I said, ever I'm happy with finishing mid-table. Find me a fucking quote? You'll be looking a long fucking time. I'm a winner kid, always was in my playing days and only want the best for my teams. However, I'm also a realist and have played in sides that are in transition, I've even been signed in the past to help teams in transition, so I know what I'm seeing with Everton. Am I happy with mid table and no trophy? No, I never am. Who will sign for us? I don't know, I'm not a time traveller, but you'd be shocked that sometimes positions and competitions mean little to players if they can see a club that has ambition and potential.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 07, 2017, 11:11:32 PM
Reply #286

Bally

Administrator
Start of the season most of the threads on aims for the manager this year was for mid table. Instead of just criticizing me ad-hominem - why do you or nobody else actually answer the question?

Our fans are satisfied with mid table/7th place and will let a manager off the hook for it just because he is on 5m a year and the owner off because he's going to impoverish the Walton area and fuck off to prime land in the City Centre.
Because you didn't ask a fucking question Thomas, you made a statement
It's the roll I way

January 07, 2017, 11:11:45 PM
Reply #287

cyberduck

Couldn't care less about the FA cup.

League position is the best measure of how good you are and we have to win the league within the league.

Start closing that gap.

January 07, 2017, 11:12:05 PM
Reply #288

bluenuck

Its a valid point, why will nobody answer questions like this directly?

'Oh he goes on a lot' yeah because nobody answers what I pitch at people.

So again, your happy with 7th.

What players are happy to join a team like that?

If you would just stop posting for a minute you'd see that people are trying to answer you.

January 07, 2017, 11:13:18 PM
Reply #289

Thomas

Everybody answers you all the time, you just talk bullshit and live in a fantasy land so don't listen

Ok, lets logically look at this.

I say players are shite, everyone says I'm wrong, they then leave for Championship teams and barely get in the team. Meanwhile everyone else has a love in with Besic (who is completely shit and over rated) and REFUSED to see for 2 years that Gareth Barry slows our play down and our pressing.

That isn't fantasy, its reality. Just like being being out of the FA Cup and another 4 months of mediocrity. Ranieri sorted Leicester our in as little time.
Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

January 07, 2017, 11:13:19 PM
Reply #290

Bally

Administrator
Who will join a mid table club out of all cup competitions vs teams in cup comps AND vs teams who are in the CL?
If they see that a club in transition are finishing 7th after the previous managements exploits left us toothless then why not
It's the roll I way

January 07, 2017, 11:15:33 PM
Reply #291

chang

As disappointing as it is - losing today could turn out for the best - now  I'm not saying we lost on purpose, of course not, but Everton have been very poor for 2 1/2 seasons now ... a new manager isn't the only fix .... today just reaffirms after a couple of decent weeks that what we have is not going to get us to where we want to go.

Now you would like to think that those in suits sat in the stands can work this out for themselves ....

January 07, 2017, 11:15:34 PM
Reply #292

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I say players are shite, everyone says I'm wrong, they then leave for Championship teams and barely get in the team. Meanwhile everyone else has a love in with Besic (who is completely shit and over rated) and REFUSED to see for 2 years that Gareth Barry slows our play down and our pressing.

That isn't fantasy, its reality. Just like being being out of the FA Cup and another 4 months of mediocrity. Ranieri sorted Leicester our in as little time.

Leicester last year was a complete fluke.

January 07, 2017, 11:15:48 PM
Reply #293

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Who had a easy-ish draw in the CL and are near the bottom of the league. We got KO'd from the cup at home. Now we have nothing to play for clap clap clap 'he's rebuilding the squad' and all that.

This is a manager who has for reasons i cannot understand wanting to spunk 24m on Schenderlin and continues to be fascinated with buying Wingers when we already have far too many, and wants to buy a new CB who we don't deseperately need.

Then he sees us dumped out the FA Cup in the 3rd Round at home, and Norwich beat us at home, and you and our fans dont have a problem with that? "Move onto the next game'.

We CONSTANTLY on this forum when we had no manager in the summer asked for a WINNER and someone to change our own and the players mentality.

Here I am, being a winner - although @Brownie20 says 'its the same old point' which he never ever ever answers. Is finishing where we are hoping to selling the club short, attractive to new signings and below our abilties?

We have finished in the bottom half for two seasons

A new manager comes in and it takes time to get his tactics over as the players had it easy for said two seasons

We coukd finish 7th, four places above
That's an improvement

Am I happy with Everton being 7th?
No
Am I happy with finishing top half after the shite last two years? Yes

Schneirdelein was, at soton, one of the best midfielders in the country, so much so man u splashed out a lot of money for him
If koeman thinks he is an improvement on Barry then sound, fuck Thomas, you've moaned more than anyone about Barry

If your implying koeman is not a winner, check his cv

You want to be a winner, we all do but some, appreciate, it takes fucking time

A question to you. Who do you want in charge?
Where do you feel this Everton side should be in the league?
Simply simply lovely

January 07, 2017, 11:15:53 PM
Reply #294

BlueNoseMike

I think you look at things a bit too black and white, ie well no quality player will join a team that is 7th. Just take a step back from it, stop being condescending and acting like the only fan because you're not happy with just being 7th. NOBODY IS! But it's takes some fucking time mate, how are you not getting it?

We are building, Spurs were 7th or whatever 2 years back, Liverpool were 8th last season. Maybe Liverpool is a poor example but the Spurs one isn't, we need to buy young players with points to prove or good potential. Yes we can't compete for now with the top top teams but if we can get the transfers right we will get there

January 07, 2017, 11:16:46 PM
Reply #295

Thomas

If you would just stop posting for a minute you'd see that people are trying to answer you.

8 notifications in 30 seconds can make that difficult.

But I gave up long ago, people will not confront that if Valencia wouldn't tolerate Koeman managing a team with performances like ours, why do we?

People will not confront and refused to do so for 2 years to the point they made a villain out of me, that Gareth Barry slows our play down, cannot press in the way we need the team to be doing, and leaves space behind him because he is too slow.

People cannot accept Ashley Williams has mostly been poor and a flop this season. But thats 'unfair' on a 'great pro' so I get shit for that as well.

People cannot accept Ross Barkley is a decent player like I've said for years like every other Football Pro in the game, yet they laud Besic.

People deny saying in the summer we need winners in management and in the team - then when we get knocked out of both cups, they ACCEPT IT and then give somebody who is gutted and fed up of it loads of stick. Sound.

Its also very interesting how some of the topics I've started on this place have oftren done pretty good - in the summer we had a DoF thread which @Bluedylan actually was like 'good this pal' and we've had Barkley and AWs threads that have gone 10-20 pages, usually with me trying to get a discussion going and sometimes keep it going.

Lets not be selective yeah?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 11:18:39 PM by Thomas »
Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

January 07, 2017, 11:17:06 PM
Reply #296

blue1948

How long have you been on this site???
you are a fucking adult, why the fuck would I have to show you the way to behave, unless you are being a total cunt of course
Now the that is exactly what I was banned for and I suppose that will not apply to you ,we will see who comes out of this worse shall we .You call me what you like but I get banned for the same foul language

January 07, 2017, 11:18:17 PM
Reply #297

Bally

Administrator

One player being Naismith
All but you can see the potential in Besic you're just being contrary.
We are not fucking Leicester
Yeah the reality is we're out of the cup
It's the roll I way

January 07, 2017, 11:19:03 PM
Reply #298

howard1334

We are happy with the prospect of finishing seventh **this season** because we finished 11th during the last two seasons, this is Koeman's first season, the six teams above us are more talented, and the six teams above us have had more money to spend for a longer period of time. It is simple as that really. If you don't get it, that is on you, not the entirety of the rest of the forum.

January 07, 2017, 11:19:26 PM
Reply #299

chang

Who will join a mid table club out of all cup competitions vs teams in cup comps AND vs teams who are in the CL?

Do you honestly think being in the 4th round of the FA would swing a transfer our way ?