October 23, 2019, 11:36:44 AM

Author Topic: The FA Cup - Leicester City - (H) 07/01/17  (Read 31070 times)

January 08, 2017, 12:02:16 AM
Reply #30

Thomas

I think where we go is into the transfer window knowing how flawed we are and with a Manager who appears to get that given the targets identified. I think we go into the summer knowing this team needs a total overhaul and I hope Koeman is the man to address our poor performances. I also think we have an owner who is not going to put up with not winning anything and if Koeman doesn't work out and there's plenty of reason right now to be optimistic for the future if that's not immediate then I think we need to be realistic about that

Thanks mate, actually that basically sums everything up. Complete agreement. Nothing else to say on the matter.

Now - why did we lose today? Pace/Tactics/Poor performances (and if so who?) etc?

January 08, 2017, 12:02:49 AM
Reply #31

Thomas

... Condescending, repetitive, boring nonsense.

And with you mindless abuse. Like a proper forum warrior.

Each to their own.

January 08, 2017, 12:05:54 AM
Reply #32

Thomas

If we can do that then we look a great prospect for players potentially coming to us in the summer and next season we can aim to mix it up with the obvious top 6 at the moment

Thanks for the general constructive criticisms/nod my way, otherwise - that last bit is dead on. But if Liverpool sacked Kenny Dalglish for coming 7th, and @Silas (I think rightly) believes Moshiri to not tolerate failure, why could RK still be here if that happens in the summer?

Just for complete clarity, I'm not in the business of ditching managers rashly or early. Birmingham City and Swansea are good examples as to why. But it will need analysing.

January 08, 2017, 12:07:48 AM
Reply #33

Thomas

Performances largely responsible, the lineup was good enough given what was available, the system seemed to work initially. I wouldn't have took Barkley off. Valencia was a liability despite seeing a lot of the ball but plays because we have no one else who seems to fit this system. Coleman should always play as a right back and never a wing back or wide midfielder

Did he play 442 today? If so, do we have the players for it and after today is playing that way a write off?

People said 3 at the back was a write off after Chelsea but we won at the King Power with 3 at the back so 442 going to be all at sea from now on?

January 08, 2017, 12:10:57 AM
Reply #34

Thomas

I get that, it's the condescending 'I'm a better fan because I won't settle for 7th like all of you' tone. The constant bashing of players and basically saying people are stupid for thinking Barry is a good player. He doesn'thelp himself at all

The fan stuff I dont really care about, take the 'me' out of it.

Its about being a better football club and better team than anybody else.

I'm very black and white, its part of being Autistic, but it also means things are simpler to understand than at first glance.

I want us all to be singing from the same hymnn sheet. You might say thats because I want it to be my hymm sheet, but there you are.

Basically are we being realistic with our demands as fans?

January 08, 2017, 12:13:06 AM
Reply #35

Thomas

I'm pissed off that we have been knocked out but as I sulk into my pint after another 3rd Round defeat I am trying to be optimistic?! And I will be there again next week... but I want the Manager to step up as well!

I agree. That's basically where the team, manager and fans are at for me. Should be anyway.

January 08, 2017, 12:15:15 AM
Reply #36

Thomas

Hahahahahahaha you are so wrong there kid. I say stuff like that to my SEN kids all the time and they love it and their parents love it too, as they see it as treating them like they are normal. I have amaIng relationships with SEN kids and have been praised for it in three different inspections. I'm the only teacher in my school who gets through to our most severe kid on the register. I call him Frodo because he's so short and he loves it. I explained to you about the Taff thing. It was you using it in a derogatory manner, which you did. Now, if you really get upset about things like that relating to your SEN then I'll defend you in future. But I'm going to be brutally honest with you, if you still harbour ambitions to be a teacher, you are going to have to develop a skin like a rhino hide otherwise you won't last a half term.

They are kids, the difference is this is adults on a forum saying it to me who should know better. But it sounds like you'd have that down as political correctness.

Otherwise, what hasn't been said to me, particularly in an Everton sense, isn't worth mentioning.

At the moment, in the middle of the park -are we not crying out for a Mark Van Bommell/Gattusso type more than a Gareth Barry?

January 08, 2017, 12:21:24 AM
Reply #37

Thomas

January 08, 2017, 12:23:28 AM
Reply #38

Thomas

Because this is such an awesome thread let me just ask... does anyone still think the 2 cup semi's last year mean nothing? Did we even win a cup game this season?

And that is why people last season hoping we lose to get Martinez fired just pissed me off. It's not often we close to silverware. How we didn't support the team to the fullest just baffled me.

Or clapping a City goal at Goodison because it helped them not Liverpool win the league. Clapping Naismith when he scored for Norwich. Like you say, we have strange logic.

January 08, 2017, 12:24:58 AM
Reply #39

Thomas

And, each of those kids I teach is more mature than you in so many ways than the way you come across on here

Its ironic being asked to 'get over myself' by somebody who talks with a good  level of narcissism.

January 08, 2017, 07:38:13 AM
Reply #40

Thomas

Maybe there wouldn't be constant overreacting if the same point wasn't made constantly. Maybe, if he made some different, constructively critical points, they would be treated with a bit more kudos. Maybe the Celtic thing is a bit boring

LOL

In 2 years you never answered what a hole in the side Barry made for us. I was banging on about this since Hull NYE 2014 about how slow he was. You never answered the solution then. I said we need a MVB or Gattusso type player. Now RK is looking for that player. Then I got told I was an idiot or deluded. Now because its 'cool' or in your case 'ok' to occasionally criticize barry you have your say here or there.

Carry on with your smug arrogance.

As @irishtoffee has said, if you carefully look at my posts, I very very rarely discuss anything other than Everton. I post regularly on Celtic fans forums and they have been very welcoming and quite positive on my heart being in love with both, yet on here people seem all against it. Get over it. Everyone is different. Respect it.

January 08, 2017, 07:41:08 AM
Reply #41

Thomas

Fuck it I'm sick of fellow fans being hood winked by Koeman. Bore off with he needs more time to mould the squad. State the fuckin obvious. Whilst this is correct he also as a priority needs to orchestrate the players he has into a squad that believes in itself and plays for each other. To me there is no passion and yes the players shouldn't need it but ours obviously do and that comes from the top down. The shittest of teams in regards to technical ability can still play for each other and work hard and with passion. If he brought 8 new players in right now there is no guarantee that they would all click and play passionate winning football. He's got to prove he can atleast progress with what we have and for me he hasn't and neither has Walsh. For me Williams was not the answer and I said this before we signed him

Ashley Williams has been a massive flop. To be fair he's had the odd decent game recently but his wages and fee and age take the shine off it. As for the manager, he needs scrutinising. Valencia did this. When it got real bad, they sacked him. They had standards.

January 08, 2017, 08:02:58 AM
Reply #42

Thomas

I don't think those are strange instances though.

We could only finish 5th due to other results at that City game and there was barely any applause for them. No one was fuming though, but given the alternative scenario of them being champions that's not surprising.

Re Naismith he was a respected professional (well he's in that group of players who were generally slagged off but get applauded when they're no longer here, see Pembridge as a good example) and he was applauded for not celebrating rather than him actually scoring.

Are you calling Mark Pembridge  legend? Decent player but dear me.......