October 19, 2019, 10:47:15 PM

Author Topic: The FA Cup - Leicester City - (H) 07/01/17  (Read 30733 times)

January 07, 2017, 09:28:01 PM
Read 30733 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

January 07, 2017, 09:45:18 PM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
They need to stop calling it the Park Street End fucking idiots

January 07, 2017, 09:48:10 PM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
A few occasions of Barkley throwing his foot in, he's really improved under Koeman in that respect.

January 07, 2017, 09:54:50 PM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We've easily been the better side by the sounds of it, we just need to be a bit more clinical

January 07, 2017, 10:23:33 PM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Thank fuck for that good play and Deulofeu has made the difference

January 07, 2017, 10:56:15 PM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Crap result, bad second half performance and we are out of a cup again. Again it showed how weak we are right now. Koeman played Davies, he played 4-4-2 and it still wasn't enough. I hope Lookman is boss because our wide options are frustrating as fuck

January 07, 2017, 11:05:29 PM
Reply #6

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Start of the season most of the threads on aims for the manager this year was for mid table. Instead of just criticizing me ad-hominem - why do you or nobody else actually answer the question?

Our fans are satisfied with mid table/7th place and will let a manager off the hook for it just because he is on 5m a year and the owner off because he's going to impoverish the Walton area and fuck off to prime land in the City Centre.

Just wow. People aren't happy with 7th place but some realise that it can take time and believe 7th at this stage isnt  catastrophic. And fuck off with the impoverishment like Walton isn't a fucking shithole right now and won't benefit from Goodison being used for something except a place to destroy dreams.

We get it your an uber left wing super blue but stop making out you are some sort of visionary who can see things everyone else can't. Everyone's wants better for Everton.

January 07, 2017, 11:38:26 PM
Reply #7

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Can this not be the Thomas thread?

January 07, 2017, 11:40:02 PM
Reply #8

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Critically I wouldn't have took Barkley off and Valencia might add something to system as well but he's a fucking shocking footballer, he's this season's Strac.

January 07, 2017, 11:41:02 PM
Reply #9

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
In his defence he is asking questions that on his opinion he needs asking

That's stoking debate

I meant the general slagging off, tit for tat stuff (which I have been part of so I admit is hypocritical).

January 07, 2017, 11:56:54 PM
Reply #10

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Personally I think you just go with whats in vogue. You would probably say I go with whats contrarian. I suppose its to my own credit and maybe yours we can both find that little point amusing.

But I've never disrespected you, you've always just had this 'pat on the head' type answers and dodged pertinent questions about our club yet come out with an air of superiority and even suggestions that makes you dead dead tough.

The fact remains, we are shit. Where do we go from here?

I think what @Jimmywhack fundamentally understands the same way @Gash does (and has often commented on it) - I'm a good catylst. Sometimes as @Bally says that means being over fond of being contrarian.

But Everton are not where we'd all like them to be, and if that means tearing my hair out and even arguing with a whole forum to find an answer to that question, I'll do it. Sure most of others would. But please, do it with respect - not making allusions to what medications i apparently do/dont take or left hooks @BlueBeagle

I think where we go is into the transfer window knowing how flawed we are and with a Manager who appears to get that given the targets identified. I think we go into the summer knowing this team needs a total overhaul and I hope Koeman is the man to address our poor performances. I also think we have an owner who is not going to put up with not winning anything and if Koeman doesn't work out and there's plenty of reason right now to be optimistic for the future if that's not immediate then I think we need to be realistic about that

January 08, 2017, 12:05:02 AM
Reply #11

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Thanks mate, actually that basically sums everything up. Complete agreement. Nothing else to say on the matter.

Now - why did we lose today? Pace/Tactics/Poor performances (and if so who?) etc?

Performances largely responsible, the lineup was good enough given what was available, the system seemed to work initially. I wouldn't have took Barkley off. Valencia was a liability despite seeing a lot of the ball but plays because we have no one else who seems to fit this system. Coleman should always play as a right back and never a wing back or wide midfielder

January 08, 2017, 12:18:20 AM
Reply #12

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Going by his general conferences and today post match I don't think Koeman likes much of what he has come in to and he's been very much vocalizing the need to change that quickly