September 17, 2019, 09:31:39 AM

Author Topic: The FA Cup - Leicester City - (H) 07/01/17  (Read 28676 times)

January 07, 2017, 11:41:02 PM
Reply #330

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
In his defence he is asking questions that on his opinion he needs asking

That's stoking debate

I meant the general slagging off, tit for tat stuff (which I have been part of so I admit is hypocritical).

January 07, 2017, 11:41:27 PM
Reply #331

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We're all disappointed that we didn't win. We all knew this would be a transition season. We all know we have many players who likely won't be around much longer. We're all aware that we are getting the foundations laid for a fantastic future. Let's get some good players in this month, and again in summer.

If we're still doing the same this time next year, then we have cause for concern.

At least we won't have to worry about any players we buy being cuptied...
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 07, 2017, 11:41:56 PM
Reply #332

BlueBeagle

January 07, 2017, 11:42:03 PM
Reply #333

BlueNoseMike

In his defence he is asking questions that on his opinion he needs asking

That's stoking debate

I get that, it's the condescending 'I'm a better fan because I won't settle for 7th like all of you' tone. The constant bashing of players and basically saying people are stupid for thinking Barry is a good player. He doesn'thelp himself at all

January 07, 2017, 11:43:12 PM
Reply #334

Thomas

Players sign for 4 1/2 years.

They won't be looking at whether we're still in the cup or not this season.

I was about to say, I think your one of the few people @Jimmywhack included who consistently engages/answes what I say, even if they disagree with it.

Idiots like @BlueBeagle just prove my point.
Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

January 07, 2017, 11:43:47 PM
Reply #335

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

January 07, 2017, 11:44:50 PM
Reply #336

BlueBeagle

I was about to say, I think your one of the few people @Jimmywhack included who consistently engages/answes what I say, even if they disagree with it.

Idiots like @BlueBeagle just prove my point.

He engages you when nobody else does because he clearly has nothing better to do.

I'm the idiot... Jesus.

January 07, 2017, 11:44:54 PM
Reply #337

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Fluke? Ok. Never happen again.

RP Leipzig. Thats a fluke as well.

So is Hagi's team in Romania formed in 2009 beating Steaua (currently) to the LIGA 1 title.

Excuses, excuses.

Otherwise Jimmy, fair answer. Cheers for not talking to me like an arsehole. There's a lack of respect on this forum and the constant ignorance of 'oh i cant rememebr some of the sensible stuff he's chucked on here over 11 years' or even just in the summer, annoys me, as do the 'your not arsed about us' or 'get off to a Celtic Forum' that @Brownie20 seems to find very in vogue at the moment, as like everybody else I really do care. I wasted 8 years of my life going all over the UK and  Europe and I look back now and we won nothing. I've seen us beat Liverpool x4 in my life, win 1 cup in my life, and today we go out of the FA Cup.

People complain and seem confused at me supporting 2 clubs yet go ape shit when i get really upset about how ordinary Everton are. Twisted logic.

Respect has to be earned sunbeam. When you start being disrespectful don't think I won't fight fire with fire. I'm a horrible cunt when I need to be and I don't suffer fools gladly.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 07, 2017, 11:45:27 PM
Reply #338

BlueBeagle

January 07, 2017, 11:45:42 PM
Reply #339

Thomas

I get that, it's the condescending 'I'm a better fan because I won't settle for 7th like all of you' tone. The constant bashing of players and basically saying people are stupid for thinking Barry is a good player. He doesn'thelp himself at all

I dont have to help myself. At 28, I have my own voice and if I'm going to be opinionated about doing it, as long as its harmless, then thats sound.

The main point (back on topic, you know, why were actually here, plus the Mods like people getting stuff back on topic,but whatever) is we are out the FA Cup. At home, in the 3rd round. Sure its not like being beaten away to Brentford/Northampton (When Brentford where shit) or at home to Reading, but its still poor.

Where do we go from here? THat is my main question. A reasonable one at that.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

January 07, 2017, 11:46:15 PM
Reply #340

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 07, 2017, 11:47:27 PM
Reply #341

Evertonian in NC

The League of this year is NOT the League of last year.  The once-in-a-generation opportunity to slingshot yourself to the top through hard work, spit, and polish is no longer available.  Kudos to Rainieri and his crew for accomplishing it.  Never again let it said it is IMPOSSIBLE, but it also doesn't mean that is the new FLOOR of what a good manager should be able to accomplish.  That's loony bin kind of thought.

We are having a NORMAL rebuild/transition season.  And as I said before this pitch-shitting, we do not have a roster that's really built for a deep cup run anyway.  So, it sucks...but it is what it is, and not really any more than that.

Now...stop dicking around over 1-2m and get our transfer targets in stat.  We can't be pissing away points with 7th being all that's left in the season, even as a long shot.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 07, 2017, 11:48:07 PM
Reply #342

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

January 07, 2017, 11:49:45 PM
Reply #343

Thomas

Respect has to be earned sunbeam. When you start being disrespectful don't think I won't fight fire with fire. I'm a horrible cunt when I need to be and I don't suffer fools gladly.

Personally I think you just go with whats in vogue. You would probably say I go with whats contrarian. I suppose its to my own credit and maybe yours we can both find that little point amusing.

But I've never disrespected you, you've always just had this 'pat on the head' type answers and dodged pertinent questions about our club yet come out with an air of superiority and even suggestions that makes you dead dead tough.

The fact remains, we are shit. Where do we go from here?

I think what @Jimmywhack fundamentally understands the same way @Gash does (and has often commented on it) - I'm a good catylst. Sometimes as @Bally says that means being over fond of being contrarian.

But Everton are not where we'd all like them to be, and if that means tearing my hair out and even arguing with a whole forum to find an answer to that question, I'll do it. Sure most of others would. But please, do it with respect - not making allusions to what medications i apparently do/dont take or left hooks @BlueBeagle

January 07, 2017, 11:49:49 PM
Reply #344

Shogun

Administrator
Calm it down a bit people.

A bit of respect for each other costs nothing.