September 19, 2019, 01:12:36 AM

Author Topic: The FA Cup - Leicester City - (H) 07/01/17  (Read 29001 times)

January 07, 2017, 11:51:08 PM
Reply #345

Thomas

Jesus wept

If you said to a kid who you where teaching

'Jesus what meds are you on/what have you stopped taking'

Would that be acceptable? In a word, No.

The same way you find 'Taff' unacceptable. Offence is subjective. In your case, very subjective.
Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

January 07, 2017, 11:53:47 PM
Reply #346

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Personally I think you just go with whats in vogue. You would probably say I go with whats contrarian. I suppose its to my own credit and maybe yours we can both find that little point amusing.

But I've never disrespected you, you've always just had this 'pat on the head' type answers and dodged pertinent questions about our club yet come out with an air of superiority and even suggestions that makes you dead dead tough.

The fact remains, we are shit. Where do we go from here?

I think what @Jimmywhack fundamentally understands the same way @Gash does (and has often commented on it) - I'm a good catylst. Sometimes as @Bally says that means being over fond of being contrarian.

But Everton are not where we'd all like them to be, and if that means tearing my hair out and even arguing with a whole forum to find an answer to that question, I'll do it. Sure most of others would. But please, do it with respect - not making allusions to what medications i apparently do/dont take or left hooks @BlueBeagle

I go with what's in vogue? Really? I've never been one to run with the hares and the hounds. And you are being disrespectful to everyone on here who you think has these options about finishing mid table.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 07, 2017, 11:53:50 PM
Reply #347

Ridge

It's alright, a cup would have just papered over the cracks anyway....  :whistle:

January 07, 2017, 11:55:04 PM
Reply #348

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He engages you when nobody else does because he clearly has nothing better to do.

I'm the idiot... Jesus.

*Shakes fist*

January 07, 2017, 11:55:21 PM
Reply #349

Thomas

We're all disappointed that we didn't win. We all knew this would be a transition season. We all know we have many players who likely won't be around much longer. We're all aware that we are getting the foundations laid for a fantastic future. Let's get some good players in this month, and again in summer.

If we're still doing the same this time next year, then we have cause for concern.

At least we won't have to worry about any players we buy being cuptied...

Its interesting how me and yourself can have these discussions like adults - even on politics, art, anything. I answer your questions, you answer mine. Mutual respect. Plus you talk in a reasoned way.

Thats lacking in here, the same way a bit of sparkle and winning mentality is lacking in the Everton team.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

January 07, 2017, 11:55:27 PM
Reply #350

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Fucking hell, it's only a game guys.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 07, 2017, 11:56:54 PM
Reply #351

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Personally I think you just go with whats in vogue. You would probably say I go with whats contrarian. I suppose its to my own credit and maybe yours we can both find that little point amusing.

But I've never disrespected you, you've always just had this 'pat on the head' type answers and dodged pertinent questions about our club yet come out with an air of superiority and even suggestions that makes you dead dead tough.

The fact remains, we are shit. Where do we go from here?

I think what @Jimmywhack fundamentally understands the same way @Gash does (and has often commented on it) - I'm a good catylst. Sometimes as @Bally says that means being over fond of being contrarian.

But Everton are not where we'd all like them to be, and if that means tearing my hair out and even arguing with a whole forum to find an answer to that question, I'll do it. Sure most of others would. But please, do it with respect - not making allusions to what medications i apparently do/dont take or left hooks @BlueBeagle

I think where we go is into the transfer window knowing how flawed we are and with a Manager who appears to get that given the targets identified. I think we go into the summer knowing this team needs a total overhaul and I hope Koeman is the man to address our poor performances. I also think we have an owner who is not going to put up with not winning anything and if Koeman doesn't work out and there's plenty of reason right now to be optimistic for the future if that's not immediate then I think we need to be realistic about that

January 07, 2017, 11:58:51 PM
Reply #352

indiantoffee1975

As RS fans say season after season " We'll win it next season"

January 07, 2017, 11:59:10 PM
Reply #353

Thomas

Calm it down a bit people.

A bit of respect for each other costs nothing.

Sure, @BlueBeagle could do with a dose of that because he obviously thinks we all post on here because we (me particularly) have 'nothing better to do'

I have university exams to do and its also my birthday tomorrow, other people have a whole bigger life than this football club, but they still come on here and blow off steam because they CARE. It dictates their week.

If we all understand that, and have mutual respect, then things will be fine.

What you get with me is you know exactly where you are with me - the players i like, the players i dislike, how I want Everton to play the game, whether I want to move to Bramley Dock or not. That isn't completely a bad thing even when done in an opinionated manner.

January 07, 2017, 11:59:46 PM
Reply #354

fubarruk

Calm it down a bit people.

A bit of respect for each other costs nothing.
Indeed

Vent frustrations, bemoan players, we're all in the same boat and have differing opinions on how fucked our season has become, it's not a reason to turn on each other.

January 08, 2017, 12:00:52 AM
Reply #355

TrevorSteven

Looking at Preston North End right now catching myself dreaming about them being us. What a team!

January 08, 2017, 12:01:51 AM
Reply #356

BlueBeagle

What you get with me is...

... Condescending, repetitive, boring nonsense.

January 08, 2017, 12:02:16 AM
Reply #357

Thomas

I think where we go is into the transfer window knowing how flawed we are and with a Manager who appears to get that given the targets identified. I think we go into the summer knowing this team needs a total overhaul and I hope Koeman is the man to address our poor performances. I also think we have an owner who is not going to put up with not winning anything and if Koeman doesn't work out and there's plenty of reason right now to be optimistic for the future if that's not immediate then I think we need to be realistic about that

Thanks mate, actually that basically sums everything up. Complete agreement. Nothing else to say on the matter.

Now - why did we lose today? Pace/Tactics/Poor performances (and if so who?) etc?

January 08, 2017, 12:02:39 AM
Reply #358

BlueNoseMike

I dont have to help myself. At 28, I have my own voice and if I'm going to be opinionated about doing it, as long as its harmless, then thats sound.

The main point (back on topic, you know, why were actually here, plus the Mods like people getting stuff back on topic,but whatever) is we are out the FA Cup. At home, in the 3rd round. Sure its not like being beaten away to Brentford/Northampton (When Brentford where shit) or at home to Reading, but its still poor.

Where do we go from here? THat is my main question. A reasonable one at that.

Well you certainly seem to rub people up the wrong way with how you get your thoughts and opinions over. It's little comments like what you've put in () above that just, in my opinion, looks like you are condescending. You go on about people not respecting your opinions but will then attack other people's thoughts and opinions about subjects (Barry, Naismith).

I don't comment on here much but I have had decent chats with you about celtic because I have a level of interest in them, but it is easy to see why you are a divisive character on here.

For what it's worth, I agree it is poor. But it isn't all that bad, yeah sure my hope for this season was Europe and a cup run, and we're out in the 3rd round.We've lost toa premier league team, the champions no less so let's not over react to that. Anyone can beat anyone in this league, especially outside of that top 6. We are in a massive transition.

Where do we go from here? Well, make sure we compete well in the league, solidify that top 7 finish, show good performances and get some results against those above us in the league and buy well before the window ends.

If we can do that then we look a great prospect for players potentially coming to us in the summer and next season we can aim to mix it up with the obvious top 6 at the moment

January 08, 2017, 12:02:49 AM
Reply #359

Thomas

... Condescending, repetitive, boring nonsense.

And with you mindless abuse. Like a proper forum warrior.

Each to their own.