October 18, 2019, 09:52:13 PM

Author Topic: The FA Cup - Leicester City - (H) 07/01/17  (Read 30650 times)

January 08, 2017, 12:04:49 AM
Reply #360

BlueBeagle

And with you mindless abuse. Like a proper forum warrior.

Each to their own.

Forum warrior? Not sure how you can be a forum warrior without ever having threatened anybody but if you say so.

January 08, 2017, 12:05:02 AM
Reply #361

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Thanks mate, actually that basically sums everything up. Complete agreement. Nothing else to say on the matter.

Now - why did we lose today? Pace/Tactics/Poor performances (and if so who?) etc?

Performances largely responsible, the lineup was good enough given what was available, the system seemed to work initially. I wouldn't have took Barkley off. Valencia was a liability despite seeing a lot of the ball but plays because we have no one else who seems to fit this system. Coleman should always play as a right back and never a wing back or wide midfielder

January 08, 2017, 12:05:54 AM
Reply #362

Thomas

If we can do that then we look a great prospect for players potentially coming to us in the summer and next season we can aim to mix it up with the obvious top 6 at the moment

Thanks for the general constructive criticisms/nod my way, otherwise - that last bit is dead on. But if Liverpool sacked Kenny Dalglish for coming 7th, and @Silas (I think rightly) believes Moshiri to not tolerate failure, why could RK still be here if that happens in the summer?

Just for complete clarity, I'm not in the business of ditching managers rashly or early. Birmingham City and Swansea are good examples as to why. But it will need analysing.

January 08, 2017, 12:07:48 AM
Reply #363

Thomas

Performances largely responsible, the lineup was good enough given what was available, the system seemed to work initially. I wouldn't have took Barkley off. Valencia was a liability despite seeing a lot of the ball but plays because we have no one else who seems to fit this system. Coleman should always play as a right back and never a wing back or wide midfielder

Did he play 442 today? If so, do we have the players for it and after today is playing that way a write off?

People said 3 at the back was a write off after Chelsea but we won at the King Power with 3 at the back so 442 going to be all at sea from now on?

January 08, 2017, 12:08:36 AM
Reply #364

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
If you said to a kid who you where teaching

'Jesus what meds are you on/what have you stopped taking'

Would that be acceptable? In a word, No.

The same way you find 'Taff' unacceptable. Offence is subjective. In your case, very subjective.

Hahahahahahaha you are so wrong there kid. I say stuff like that to my SEN kids all the time and they love it and their parents love it too, as they see it as treating them like they are normal. I have amaIng relationships with SEN kids and have been praised for it in three different inspections. I'm the only teacher in my school who gets through to our most severe kid on the register. I call him Frodo because he's so short and he loves it. I explained to you about the Taff thing. It was you using it in a derogatory manner, which you did. Now, if you really get upset about things like that relating to your SEN then I'll defend you in future. But I'm going to be brutally honest with you, if you still harbour ambitions to be a teacher, you are going to have to develop a skin like a rhino hide otherwise you won't last a half term.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 08, 2017, 12:09:54 AM
Reply #365

burkey17

Yeah some good points on here as well as Thomas who like myself finds it hard to 'accept' our mediocrity.
Yes 7th I would be 'happy' with after the last 2 Seasons. I am not going to do somersaults but at least it would be progress. Saying that I wouldn't be surprised if we finished between 7-10
I go to the Home games although results wise have been good,performance wise not the best.
I wanted Koeman but so far I have been disappointed how we have been set up. at times. I don't know what was going on, on the Right today Coleman/Holgate and the subs? I thought Valencia although not the best was causing problems. Maybe fitness? Subs generally? Kone?!
Unfortunately yes it will take time to change- but for me Mori is not the best and I think Williams has struggled with the chopping and changing.
Jags and Barry have been great stalwarts for us and I hope it does not go the same way as Howard. I don't think it will. There are so many average players at our Club and it will take 4 'windows' for them to be moved on. We all know the names.....We are in the 2nd 'window' so I am trying to be 'optimistic'. I'm pissed off that we have been knocked out but as I sulk into my pint after another 3rd Round defeat I am trying to be optimistic?! And I will be there again next week... but I want the Manager to step up as well!

January 08, 2017, 12:10:57 AM
Reply #366

Thomas

I get that, it's the condescending 'I'm a better fan because I won't settle for 7th like all of you' tone. The constant bashing of players and basically saying people are stupid for thinking Barry is a good player. He doesn'thelp himself at all

The fan stuff I dont really care about, take the 'me' out of it.

Its about being a better football club and better team than anybody else.

I'm very black and white, its part of being Autistic, but it also means things are simpler to understand than at first glance.

I want us all to be singing from the same hymnn sheet. You might say thats because I want it to be my hymm sheet, but there you are.

Basically are we being realistic with our demands as fans?

January 08, 2017, 12:13:06 AM
Reply #367

Thomas

I'm pissed off that we have been knocked out but as I sulk into my pint after another 3rd Round defeat I am trying to be optimistic?! And I will be there again next week... but I want the Manager to step up as well!

I agree. That's basically where the team, manager and fans are at for me. Should be anyway.

January 08, 2017, 12:15:15 AM
Reply #368

Thomas

Hahahahahahaha you are so wrong there kid. I say stuff like that to my SEN kids all the time and they love it and their parents love it too, as they see it as treating them like they are normal. I have amaIng relationships with SEN kids and have been praised for it in three different inspections. I'm the only teacher in my school who gets through to our most severe kid on the register. I call him Frodo because he's so short and he loves it. I explained to you about the Taff thing. It was you using it in a derogatory manner, which you did. Now, if you really get upset about things like that relating to your SEN then I'll defend you in future. But I'm going to be brutally honest with you, if you still harbour ambitions to be a teacher, you are going to have to develop a skin like a rhino hide otherwise you won't last a half term.

They are kids, the difference is this is adults on a forum saying it to me who should know better. But it sounds like you'd have that down as political correctness.

Otherwise, what hasn't been said to me, particularly in an Everton sense, isn't worth mentioning.

At the moment, in the middle of the park -are we not crying out for a Mark Van Bommell/Gattusso type more than a Gareth Barry?

January 08, 2017, 12:17:27 AM
Reply #369

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
They are kids, the difference is this is adults on a forum saying it to me who should know better. But it sounds like you'd have that down as political correctness.

Otherwise, what hasn't been said to me, particularly in an Everton sense, isn't worth mentioning.

At the moment, in the middle of the park -are we not crying out for a Mark Van Bommell/Gattusso type more than a Gareth Barry?

Get over yourself Thomas. Are you sure for a fact everyone on here knows you have a condition? Because it's also the sort of thing people say when someone is just talking shit

January 08, 2017, 12:18:11 AM
Reply #370

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
And, each of those kids I teach is more mature than you in so many ways than the way you come across on here

January 08, 2017, 12:18:20 AM
Reply #371

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Going by his general conferences and today post match I don't think Koeman likes much of what he has come in to and he's been very much vocalizing the need to change that quickly

January 08, 2017, 12:18:26 AM
Reply #372

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Because this is such an awesome thread let me just ask... does anyone still think the 2 cup semi's last year mean nothing? Did we even win a cup game this season?

And that is why people last season hoping we lose to get Martinez fired just pissed me off. It's not often we close to silverware. How we didn't support the team to the fullest just baffled me.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 08, 2017, 12:19:18 AM
Reply #373

KoemansNumberTens

Should we beat Leicester at home? Probably. We do have better players but let's be honest here Leicester are shit but so are we. The top 6 have gone. They are miles ahead of the rest in terms of quality. It's not a massive shock that we've lost to another also ran. We are a work in progress. There's plenty in our squad who aren't good enough and even more who don't have the mentality for it

It's disappointing (like any defeat) but not massively upsetting or shocking. I don't much care about the cup at the minute almost certainly 1 of the good teams will win it and unfortunately while we may be slightly better than Leicester we aren't 1 of them good teams yet.

Thomas needs to calm down. We are shit because while koeman may or may not be the right man he's definitely not a miracle worker. He needs time

January 08, 2017, 12:21:24 AM
Reply #374

Thomas