November 13, 2019, 08:39:57 PM

Author Topic: The FA Cup - Leicester City - (H) 07/01/17  (Read 32267 times)

January 08, 2017, 12:19:18 AM
Read 32267 times

KoemansNumberTens

Should we beat Leicester at home? Probably. We do have better players but let's be honest here Leicester are shit but so are we. The top 6 have gone. They are miles ahead of the rest in terms of quality. It's not a massive shock that we've lost to another also ran. We are a work in progress. There's plenty in our squad who aren't good enough and even more who don't have the mentality for it

It's disappointing (like any defeat) but not massively upsetting or shocking. I don't much care about the cup at the minute almost certainly 1 of the good teams will win it and unfortunately while we may be slightly better than Leicester we aren't 1 of them good teams yet.

Thomas needs to calm down. We are shit because while koeman may or may not be the right man he's definitely not a miracle worker. He needs time

January 08, 2017, 12:31:32 AM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

Going by his general conferences and today post match I don't think Koeman likes much of what he has come in to and he's been very much vocalizing the need to change that quickly

I think that's the truth. He's looking around and doesn't rate very many and even the few he maybe does rate can't play with each other cos they don't compliment. Right man or wrong man only time will tell but he deserves time and to build his own team. We can't really judge him on the performances he gets out of players he thinks are rubbish.

January 08, 2017, 12:33:26 AM
Reply #2

KoemansNumberTens

Because this is such an awesome thread let me just ask... does anyone still think the 2 cup semi's last year mean nothing? Did we even win a cup game this season?

And that is why people last season hoping we lose to get Martinez fired just pissed me off. It's not often we close to silverware. How we didn't support the team to the fullest just baffled me.

Means absolutely nothing. We won fuck all. Most fans of other teams would struggle to remember our 2 semis and any problems we have now were largely of Martinezs making. 2 semis mean nowt and thank fuck Martinez has gone.

January 08, 2017, 02:00:18 PM
Reply #3

KoemansNumberTens

Ashley Williams has been a massive flop. To be fair he's had the odd decent game recently but his wages and fee and age take the shine off it. As for the manager, he needs scrutinising. Valencia did this. When it got real bad, they sacked him. They had standards.

Valencia?? They were a club used to being in the top 4 who'd hired a totally unproven manager and were in long term relegation form. We are a club who have spent the last 2 seasons in the bottom half and are currently 7th. Are you crazy, on the wind up or a bit of both?