October 24, 2019, 11:24:04 AM

Author Topic: The FA Cup - Leicester City - (H) 07/01/17  (Read 31130 times)

January 08, 2017, 12:27:03 AM
Read 31130 times

cpaz114

I understand most of what people are saying but as fans we are so negative so quick to judge and pull them apart look at the bigger picture 6/7th in the league without a big run of wins is the best we could of hoped for at start of season cup run has gone out the window and that wasn't the plan but it's early days for Keoman and the new regime we shouldn't be so quick to judge
First few weeks of season Barry one of better players but the pace of the game is killing him now as he can't play to the tempo we need
We are in need of 6 new players but we are not going to be top 4 overnight we are not shite we just have no consistency as the players aren't good enough to do what we all want week in and week out too many players having 1 good game 3 bad ones (Lennon jags baines Barry McCarthy Geri and Mirallas)

Get behind the blues and give Koeman time to build his own team rather than taking apart what he is doing now with moyes/Martinez squad

January 08, 2017, 01:19:43 AM
Reply #1

cpaz114

I think Liverpool finished 8th with Dalglish but I don't think the 2 are comparable. Dalglish was a sort of stop gap wasn't he and had shown he was a bit of a dinosaur in terms of management.

The difference for us is that we've been regressing for 2 years and to establish ourselves as a top 7 team was the target. We are where we should finish at the end of the season. However, the over 6 above are head and shoulders above at the moment, so to replace Koeman for not breaking into the top 6 or 4 with this squad would be harsh.

If we;re still well off the pace by the end of next season or we drop down again during it, that should be when we look at replacing him. In my opinion of course.
Very harsh he still has old managers squad judge him at end of next season and by who he buy between now and then we can't expect miracles we have about the 7th best squad in the league so we are doing average you can't work miracles overnight just because Leicester did or because he's a good manager
He needs to build his squad and clear out the dead wood over the next 18 months then let's see if we are still 7th and going out of the cups early