October 22, 2019, 03:40:17 AM

Author Topic: The FA Cup - Leicester City - (H) 07/01/17  (Read 30957 times)

January 08, 2017, 01:13:09 AM
Reply #390

Alanvideo

Because this is such an awesome thread let me just ask... does anyone still think the 2 cup semi's last year mean nothing? Did we even win a cup game this season?

And that is why people last season hoping we lose to get Martinez fired just pissed me off. It's not often we close to silverware. How we didn't support the team to the fullest just baffled me.
............what the fuck are you on about ? we took 35,000 to Wembley for a semi we knew we would contrive to lose and we sang our hearts out. I call that the fullest support but you're baffled ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 08, 2017, 01:19:43 AM
Reply #391

cpaz114

I think Liverpool finished 8th with Dalglish but I don't think the 2 are comparable. Dalglish was a sort of stop gap wasn't he and had shown he was a bit of a dinosaur in terms of management.

The difference for us is that we've been regressing for 2 years and to establish ourselves as a top 7 team was the target. We are where we should finish at the end of the season. However, the over 6 above are head and shoulders above at the moment, so to replace Koeman for not breaking into the top 6 or 4 with this squad would be harsh.

If we;re still well off the pace by the end of next season or we drop down again during it, that should be when we look at replacing him. In my opinion of course.
Very harsh he still has old managers squad judge him at end of next season and by who he buy between now and then we can't expect miracles we have about the 7th best squad in the league so we are doing average you can't work miracles overnight just because Leicester did or because he's a good manager
He needs to build his squad and clear out the dead wood over the next 18 months then let's see if we are still 7th and going out of the cups early

January 08, 2017, 01:40:58 AM
Reply #392

Ridge

Think you'll find that several of the posters considered more abrasive, tend to view the forum as a place to vent frustrations and only tend to do so following losses. For people who have more of an interest, the simplistic criticism of "it's not good enough, it's unacceptable" is not useful, constructive or productive.

Losing to Leicester in our first FA Cup match isn't going to define our season. Given our recent form it may have saved us from more significant embarrassment at a later stage.

I'd rather we won the cup, but I'm more bothered about getting knocked out in the latter stages.

January 08, 2017, 01:45:14 AM
Reply #393

bogie

its getting to the point were its like a days work to watch this team play and not the enjoyment its supposed to be

is it not clear to well fucking paid people having no legs in midfield is killing us because its clear to everyone watching the games

I don't want to hear he had no other player to play there (yes he did )

3 midfielders and he holds us back so how the fuck was he ever going to play in a 2

oh well only 19 more games till he is gone

January 08, 2017, 02:10:08 AM
Reply #394

montanatoffeefan

When Kone came on I knew it was all up.

Koeman might as well of handed Kone a big white flag to carry onto the pitch and wave around.
Everton forever.

January 08, 2017, 02:10:40 AM
Reply #395

cantoffee

Can't believe the number of people saying the season is over.

It's awful to be out of the cups but we still have lots to play for in terms of actually getting 7th and seeing progress on and off the pitch.

It's shit being out of the cup but it's such a defeatist attitude to say the season is over already. Sure, we aren't going to win anything but there is still plenty to play for.

I think Brownie has said it before but I wouldn't want some of you beside me going into the 90th minute down 1-0, fucking heads down as soon as things don't go your way.

January 08, 2017, 02:22:17 AM
Reply #396

Macca77

Nobheads calling for  Koemans head

Evertonians are twats

January 08, 2017, 02:26:41 AM
Reply #397

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber

January 08, 2017, 02:32:14 AM
Reply #398

Ih8redshite

Nobheads calling for  Koemans head

Evertonians are twats
I think you will find it's mostly people pissed off with the performances we have endured this season. Prove me wrong but I've seen every game so far and as of yet have not seen a decent performance over the 90 mins. You can't come in as a manager and make the excuse that it's a long term project week after week. He has a responsibility to find a winning formula with the squad that he has. Imagine if Moyes had come in all those years ago when we were in the brink of relegation and said basically the squad is shit and we need to spend. He got the best out of what he had and made us hard to beat. Koeman is defensive minded and he's we have improved slightly but it would of been pretty fuckin hard not too. We still leak goals and sadly we don't seem to be able to hold a lead. So questions do have to be asked of Koeman.

January 08, 2017, 02:33:23 AM
Reply #399

benny

Should we beat Leicester at home? Probably. We do have better players but let's be honest here Leicester are shit but so are we. The top 6 have gone. They are miles ahead of the rest in terms of quality. It's not a massive shock that we've lost to another also ran. We are a work in progress. There's plenty in our squad who aren't good enough and even more who don't have the mentality for it

It's disappointing (like any defeat) but not massively upsetting or shocking. I don't much care about the cup at the minute almost certainly 1 of the good teams will win it and unfortunately while we may be slightly better than Leicester we aren't 1 of them good teams yet.

Thomas needs to calm down. We are shit because while koeman may or may not be the right man he's definitely not a miracle worker. He needs time

This +++++

January 08, 2017, 02:51:30 AM
Reply #400

chang

2007 we lost 1-4 to Blackburn in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Went on to finish 6th in the league.

January 08, 2017, 02:53:35 AM
Reply #401

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
2007 we lost 1-4 to Blackburn in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Went on to finish 6th in the league.

That is positive, mental attitude. I like it
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 08, 2017, 02:54:49 AM
Reply #402

Ih8redshite

Fuck it I'm sick of fellow fans being hood winked by Koeman. Bore off with he needs more time to mould the squad. State the fuckin obvious. Whilst this is correct he also as a priority needs to orchestrate the players he has into a squad that believes in itself and plays for each other. To me there is no passion and yes the players shouldn't need it but ours obviously do and that comes from the top down. The shittest of teams in regards to technical ability can still play for each other and work hard and with passion. If he brought 8 new players in right now there is no guarantee that they would all click and play passionate winning football. He's got to prove he can atleast progress with what we have and for me he hasn't and neither has Walsh. For me Williams was not the answer and I said this before we signed him

January 08, 2017, 07:38:13 AM
Reply #403

Thomas

Maybe there wouldn't be constant overreacting if the same point wasn't made constantly. Maybe, if he made some different, constructively critical points, they would be treated with a bit more kudos. Maybe the Celtic thing is a bit boring

LOL

In 2 years you never answered what a hole in the side Barry made for us. I was banging on about this since Hull NYE 2014 about how slow he was. You never answered the solution then. I said we need a MVB or Gattusso type player. Now RK is looking for that player. Then I got told I was an idiot or deluded. Now because its 'cool' or in your case 'ok' to occasionally criticize barry you have your say here or there.

Carry on with your smug arrogance.

As @irishtoffee has said, if you carefully look at my posts, I very very rarely discuss anything other than Everton. I post regularly on Celtic fans forums and they have been very welcoming and quite positive on my heart being in love with both, yet on here people seem all against it. Get over it. Everyone is different. Respect it.

January 08, 2017, 07:41:08 AM
Reply #404

Thomas

Fuck it I'm sick of fellow fans being hood winked by Koeman. Bore off with he needs more time to mould the squad. State the fuckin obvious. Whilst this is correct he also as a priority needs to orchestrate the players he has into a squad that believes in itself and plays for each other. To me there is no passion and yes the players shouldn't need it but ours obviously do and that comes from the top down. The shittest of teams in regards to technical ability can still play for each other and work hard and with passion. If he brought 8 new players in right now there is no guarantee that they would all click and play passionate winning football. He's got to prove he can atleast progress with what we have and for me he hasn't and neither has Walsh. For me Williams was not the answer and I said this before we signed him

Ashley Williams has been a massive flop. To be fair he's had the odd decent game recently but his wages and fee and age take the shine off it. As for the manager, he needs scrutinising. Valencia did this. When it got real bad, they sacked him. They had standards.