October 21, 2019, 04:10:06 AM

Author Topic: The FA Cup - Leicester City - (H) 07/01/17  (Read 30864 times)

January 08, 2017, 08:02:58 AM
Reply #405

Thomas

I don't think those are strange instances though.

We could only finish 5th due to other results at that City game and there was barely any applause for them. No one was fuming though, but given the alternative scenario of them being champions that's not surprising.

Re Naismith he was a respected professional (well he's in that group of players who were generally slagged off but get applauded when they're no longer here, see Pembridge as a good example) and he was applauded for not celebrating rather than him actually scoring.

Are you calling Mark Pembridge  legend? Decent player but dear me.......

January 08, 2017, 08:08:32 AM
Reply #406

Tony Clifton

Ashley Williams has been a massive flop. To be fair he's had the odd decent game recently but his wages and fee and age take the shine off it. As for the manager, he needs scrutinising. Valencia did this. When it got real bad, they sacked him. They had standards.

Valencia?  Lunatic club being run by the inmates got him sacked.  There were definitely no standards involved. 

January 08, 2017, 08:11:48 AM
Reply #407

Rhys

Where does he mention anything even close to the word legend?! Just says part of a type of player who get slagged off when they are here for not being a good enough player, but then shown a really good reception when they come back because people when not watching them every week appreciate that they put in a lot of effort and made a lot with the limited ability they had and gave their all for the club every time they went onto the pitch which is how it should be.

January 08, 2017, 08:49:49 AM
Reply #408

Jamokachi

January 08, 2017, 12:12:00 PM
Reply #409

Bally

Administrator
Enough
It's the roll I way

January 08, 2017, 12:18:45 PM
Reply #410

bluenuck

Koeman can't make chicken salad with chicken shit... Let's remember this.

January 08, 2017, 02:00:18 PM
Reply #411

KoemansNumberTens

Ashley Williams has been a massive flop. To be fair he's had the odd decent game recently but his wages and fee and age take the shine off it. As for the manager, he needs scrutinising. Valencia did this. When it got real bad, they sacked him. They had standards.

Valencia?? They were a club used to being in the top 4 who'd hired a totally unproven manager and were in long term relegation form. We are a club who have spent the last 2 seasons in the bottom half and are currently 7th. Are you crazy, on the wind up or a bit of both?

January 08, 2017, 02:04:55 PM
Reply #412

GrantyBoy78

I was genuinely interested in what people had to say about Koeman calling out the board - but if it was discussed, it's lost amongst all the pages of people abusing each other. What an absolute cunt-fest this site has become. Makes me long for the days of Stavros.

Great site lads.

January 08, 2017, 02:21:53 PM
Reply #413

Bally

Administrator
I was genuinely interested in what people had to say about Koeman calling out the board - but if it was discussed, it's lost amongst all the pages of people abusing each other. What an absolute cunt-fest this site has become. Makes me long for the days of Stavros.

Great site lads.
Red X in the top right hand corner mate
It's the roll I way

January 08, 2017, 02:22:37 PM
Reply #414

bluenuck

Great site lads.

I enjoyed his comments. Straight up and honest. It's blatantly obvious we need quality and he's not afraid to point that out unlike Martinez. I think koeman has very high standards and is really disappointed with this squad.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 02:24:06 PM by bluenuck »

January 08, 2017, 02:25:39 PM
Reply #415

GrantyBoy78

Red X in the top right hand corner mate

Constructive. I've loved this site for years but it's gone like GOT. Mods need to sort it, not be fucking sarcastic.

January 08, 2017, 02:40:41 PM
Reply #416

Bally

Administrator
Wasn't meant to be constructive fella, and I wasn't being sarcastic, this site is nothing like GOT.
Mods need to sort what exactly,
Grown men bitching at each other for a couple of hours after a fucking shite game, its what's happened on here for years and I've said the same for years, everyone has a choice, read it or don't, it's simple, the mods do a lot on here and we have got to a point because of our hard work that this place is self policing up to a point, we're here to make sure no one oversteps now, all the rest is just piss and wind.
We say it all the time, if you think it's offensive, report it, we will then either sort it or ignore it, we don't throw our weight about, we don't splatter shit all over the place.
If you don't like something personally red x it, it's a simple process, as mods we don't get the red x option we have to read it.
We really shouldn't be telling adults how to behave unless they're racist /homophobic /cunts
It's the roll I way

January 08, 2017, 02:57:05 PM
Reply #417

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
LOL

In 2 years you never answered what a hole in the side Barry made for us. I was banging on about this since Hull NYE 2014 about how slow he was. You never answered the solution then. I said we need a MVB or Gattusso type player. Now RK is looking for that player. Then I got told I was an idiot or deluded. Now because its 'cool' or in your case 'ok' to occasionally criticize barry you have your say here or there.

Carry on with your smug arrogance.

As @irishtoffee has said, if you carefully look at my posts, I very very rarely discuss anything other than Everton. I post regularly on Celtic fans forums and they have been very welcoming and quite positive on my heart being in love with both, yet on here people seem all against it. Get over it. Everyone is different. Respect it.

I think you'll find in the past I have answered you about the issues you have stated about fans having an obsession with 'yard dogs' etc etc. You've never asked me a direct question until yesterday about Gareth Barry. So my answer is, he has been a good buy overall, but his age has caught up with him and now he is only able to produce what is required in certain types of games (tactics, opposition etc). This is why we are looking to replace with Morgan Schnederlin.

As for my smug arrogance, ok, you're entitled to your opinion. I'm actually not smug and arrogant in the slightest, just thought I'd have some fun with you, but maybe I shouldn't have with your condition - although as I've said, this style works really well with the majority of SEN kids I teach. In future I'll just ignore your comments about shit players, fans being blinded by their love of a hardworking player and only comment when I think your posts are worthwhile - which TBF you do produce.

Bury the hatchet kid?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 08, 2017, 03:00:56 PM
Reply #418

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Constructive. I've loved this site for years but it's gone like GOT. Mods need to sort it, not be fucking sarcastic.

This site is nothing like GOT. That really is inane shite over there posted in every single thread. So we've had a bit of a spat on here between Thomas, me and a few others. It will be moved on from, it's just the equivalent of chewing the fat over a few pints after the game.  This is a great site.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 08, 2017, 03:59:34 PM
Reply #419

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Anyway, back to the game. Was a fucking terrible performance.

Think it should be pretty clear to all that we need to make Williams captain, give Barry more playing time, and sign a few yard dogs in the January transfer window.

That way we can hopefully get 7th place wrapped up by May and whip out the champagne.