November 19, 2017, 11:58:37 PM

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton  (Read 33892 times)

August 26, 2010, 02:24:40 PM
Reply #15

Mikel10

It will be:

Howard

Neville Jagielka Distin Baines

Osman Heitinga Arteta Pienaar

Cahill

Saha

August 26, 2010, 02:34:16 PM
Reply #16

nomorechang

RIP
It will be:

Howard

Neville Jagielka Distin Baines

Osman Heitinga Arteta Pienaar

Cahill

Saha

I would hope he tries Jack on the right instead of Ossie .. I know it's not JR's natural position but I actually think you could play Jack anywhere and he'd be better than most , he's a natural  " footballer "  and don't forget the run down the right to set up Mikel's goal against Citteh away last season , in fact , I know Moyes would never do it but he might give Seamus some decent  defensive cover if he chooses to play him ?

Oh yeah ..I'd play Felli ahead of Johnny in midfield all the time , Felli looks as if e's getting even better than before his injury
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 02:36:54 PM by nomorechang »
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

August 26, 2010, 02:35:07 PM
Reply #17

Mikel10

I'd like to see something different too mate but it's Aston Villa away and Moyes has already shown he will go back to basic's in tricky away games.

August 26, 2010, 07:15:11 PM
Reply #18

Rhys

I'm not a big Distin fan but there's no way you can drop him after how he's been playing lately.

I could, easily. The guy is a liability. He doesnt have the pace he used to, he doesnt win enough aerial battles and often gets bullied by much weaker forwards than him. He has done ok this season as he did at the start of last but he soon became a big weak link and I would rather stamp that out now rather than a few bad results down the line.

Maybe I am harsh on him, coming in to replace Lescott hasnt helped him in my eyes. It was like going from a Bentley to a Hummer. Looks like it should have something but fails in most aspects. I just have no confidence in him being reliable.

August 26, 2010, 07:44:58 PM
Reply #19

fast lane

I would hope he tries Jack on the right instead of Ossie .. I know it's not JR's natural position but I actually think you could play Jack anywhere and he'd be better than most , he's a natural  " footballer "  and don't forget the run down the right to set up Mikel's goal against Citteh away last season , in fact , I know Moyes would never do it but he might give Seamus some decent  defensive cover if he chooses to play him ?

Oh yeah ..I'd play Felli ahead of Johnny in midfield all the time , Felli looks as if e's getting even better than before his injury

I wouldn't mind playing Jack on the right, with Victor injured, we don't seem to have anyone in form to play there, and Jack showed yesterday that he in in form.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

August 26, 2010, 07:50:39 PM
Reply #20

ToxtethBlue

Osman will probably get the nod because he played well today, as a centre midfielder.

Rodwell would be another one worth a go outwide, he's played there before, but only when we where down to the bare bones and completely unbalanced. With the likes of Pienaar, Arteta and Fellaini alongside him I think he'd be fine.
ToxtethBlue

August 26, 2010, 07:53:59 PM
Reply #21

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Distin has arguably been our best player so far this season.  Dropping him would be a stupid thing to do IMO.  I really hope Moyes has a bit of adventure about him and starts either Rodwell, Coleman or Gueye just to give us something different.  Osman did well yesterday because he was in his proper position.  I hate that Moyes refuses to see that.

August 26, 2010, 07:55:18 PM
Reply #22

Sprooly

I hope Coleman doesnt play Because Downing will tear him a new one

Young plays more behind the striker now so if Hibbert plays it wont be as bad as it has been in the past

need to win

August 26, 2010, 08:09:44 PM
Reply #23

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I'd hope Coleman at least makes the bench. Having Hibbert with the option of bringing on Neville (or vice versa) is pointless as they're pretty much the same type of player. If we need to change things up then Coleman should be an option as it'd seem as the game goes on he gets more and more useful with his relentless running.

The main problems we have are the RW and DM/CM situation. Fellaini is ready to start again and he should be the number 1 choice at DM. So what happens with Heitinga? I think its time to give him and Jags a go and see how they work.

As for the RW, I don't know how close Anichebe is to being back but Osman should be the competition for Arteta in the middle and should never be out wide if at all possible. I'm not convinced Billy is the man for that position either which leaves us with the same problem we've had for a while... no obvious RW selection. It might be worth seeing if Coleman could do a job there but away to Villa would be a real baptism of fire for such an experiment. Maybe we'll sign a RW before Sunday?  :eh:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 08:12:36 PM by blueToffee »

August 26, 2010, 08:21:11 PM
Reply #24

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
To be honest I don't see the need to rush Heitinga back right now.  He doesn't seem on top form as yet and Distin is earning his place.  Use him as cover for Jags, Distin and Fellaini while he gets back on form.

August 26, 2010, 09:39:09 PM
Reply #25

taffytoffee

I hope Coleman doesnt play Because Downing will tear him a new one

Young plays more behind the striker now so if Hibbert plays it wont be as bad as it has been in the past

need to win

I'm a big coleman fan but I think hibbert or neville should start against villa as for downing i would nt worry about him i think hes shite and over rated

August 26, 2010, 09:43:53 PM
Reply #26

Gary Iceman

why are people puttin coleman at right back he aint even that good a RB yet.goin forward he is good.  ashely young will rip him or as others say downing
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

August 26, 2010, 10:24:12 PM
Reply #27

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Guess it will depend on how Moyes wants to approach the game.

If he is going to play based on how Villa play, he'll have Neville or Hibbert at rb and Osman on the right of midfield.

If he intends to try and dictate the play, he'll be bold and play Coleman at rb and either Rodwell or Bilya on the right of midfield.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 26, 2010, 10:58:42 PM
Reply #28

Tellittoyourking

Howard

Coleman - Jags - Distin - Baines
             Heitinga
                       Fellaini
Billy            Mikel            Pienaar

Cahill

Mucha, Cahill, Gueye, Neville, Beckford, Saha, Osman

August 26, 2010, 10:59:51 PM
Reply #29

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Howard

Coleman - Jags - Distin - Baines
             Heitinga
                       Fellaini
Billy            Mikel            Pienaar

Cahill

Mucha, Cahill, Gueye, Neville, Beckford, Saha, Osman

No striker and Cahill in the team and on the bench?
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney