August 24, 2019, 04:37:58 PM

Author Topic: Beckford  (Read 6323 times)

January 07, 2010, 10:01:25 PM
Reply #30

Frantic

Jo isn't good enough because of the shit football that has been played. Play to his strengths and you'll see a different player flourish.

And what strengths are these mate? play on the floor... I wish we would but unfortunately after constant shouting from my seat it doesn't change and looks to be the norm for along time to come.

January 07, 2010, 10:02:46 PM
Reply #31

IA

Leeds are miles better than the rest of League 1. They have easily the best defence in the league and probably the best midfield too. They create loads of chances for him in every match, but his shots-to-goals ratio is terrible (something like 1 from every 5 or 6) and that's against League 1 defences and goalies. Also if memory serves has a really bad record in big matches (I was shocked he was the scorer against Man Utd). I don't think any Leeds fan rates his future as anything higher than Championship, and to be honest, I don't even rate him that highly. He's nowhere near good enough for Everton. If he does go to Newcastle and score loads there, it'll be because they put chances on a plate for him, but he'll fail in the Premier League.

Remember Jason Scotland was banging in the goals for Swansea in the Championship. Besides, Beckford isn't even the best striker in League 1 - Ricky Lamert is, in my opinion, and I'd take Simeon Jackson over Beckford any day.

January 07, 2010, 10:09:54 PM
Reply #32

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
And what strengths are these mate? play on the floor... I wish we would but unfortunately after constant shouting from my seat it doesn't change and looks to be the norm for along time to come.

I think he has the skill, and intelligence, but our play just doesn't help him. His finishing has been poor this season, but his confidence is hardly high is it? I really feel Moyes does something to strikers when they sign for us. 
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

January 07, 2010, 10:14:25 PM
Reply #33

Jamokachi

How do you know Beckford can't play in the Premiership? If it is true about Aston Villa being in for him then i'm sure he is good enough because even though I hate Martin Oneil, he knows a lot more than you about him doesn't he and don't take that as an insult as I'm not here to make enemies lol.

Just like when he signed Marlon Harewood?

January 07, 2010, 10:25:32 PM
Reply #34

blue for you

You planning on watching Everton in the Championship next year? Because that's the only way Beckford would have anywhere near the quality to turn out in Royal Blue. What an embarassing thread.
what did city pay for jo 19 fucking million , we have him for the last two seasons and he is shit, whats jo on a week
james vaughan was on his way to derby now he is our only striker fit i think we need someone in not benni mccarthy. :headbang:

January 07, 2010, 10:50:07 PM
Reply #35

Jamokachi

What?

January 07, 2010, 11:27:10 PM
Reply #36

cantoffee

Leeds are miles better than the rest of League 1. They have easily the best defence in the league and probably the best midfield too. They create loads of chances for him in every match, but his shots-to-goals ratio is terrible (something like 1 from every 5 or 6) and that's against League 1 defences and goalies. Also if memory serves has a really bad record in big matches (I was shocked he was the scorer against Man Utd). I don't think any Leeds fan rates his future as anything higher than Championship, and to be honest, I don't even rate him that highly. He's nowhere near good enough for Everton. If he does go to Newcastle and score loads there, it'll be because they put chances on a plate for him, but he'll fail in the Premier League.

Remember Jason Scotland was banging in the goals for Swansea in the Championship. Besides, Beckford isn't even the best striker in League 1 - Ricky Lamert is, in my opinion, and I'd take Simeon Jackson over Beckford any day.

This 100 times over, give him enough chances and he'll score, but his main strength is pace and you need more than that to survive above league 1. My guess is he goes to Newcastle and next season scores maybe 5 in the premiership, he's just not good enough. Both Vaughn and Anichebe(hopefully he's back soon) are better than him and both are 5 years younger.

Simeon Jackson would be a better option and even I, as biased as I am towards him(He's Canadian), don't think Jackson could make it in the prem. Same pace as beckford with twice the finishing ability and can create chances for himself, scores important goals, and he's 4 years younger.

I'd much rather have Benni Mcarthy here for a nominal fee than have Beckford come close to goodison park. For 2m, it would be a waste, rather spend it on wages.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 11:29:11 PM by cantoffee »

January 08, 2010, 12:53:04 AM
Reply #37

evertonjoe

Have to agree with those who say Beckford is over rated i live in Wakefield and all my Leeds supporting mates say he doesn't live up to the hype. In my opinion if we are looking at any league one players it should be either Jonjo Shelvey who plays for Charlton and has really impressed at youth level for England or Jordan Rhodes from Huddersfield Town.

R.A.P Music

January 08, 2010, 04:06:31 PM
Reply #38

Rhys

From what I have seen he is quick, can finish but doesnt do very much else. He doesnt get involved in general play and the rest of his game is pretty non existent. He looks like a championship striker in that he will get goals, he may even get 7 or 8 goals in the premier league a season but his all round game doesnt look near a good enough standard, like Rob Earnshaw, to make it as a good premiership player.

January 08, 2010, 04:24:31 PM
Reply #39

Trublue

He's not even a prospect he's 26. From what I saw his first touch isn't that good. I think he'd be Championship player, maybe a sub (at best)at a bottom half premier side. Vaughan and Victor are better players.

January 08, 2010, 06:20:23 PM
Reply #40

Dr. Sponge

He's not good enough, simple. Imagine how good Jo would look in that division.