November 20, 2017, 09:46:48 PM

Author Topic: US coach Bradley could scupper Donovan loan deal  (Read 2151 times)

December 13, 2009, 04:24:56 PM
Read 2151 times

MmmBlueRamirez

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-jones-soccer13-2009dec13,0,6562797.story

:headbang:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 04:59:32 PM by MmmBlueBilyaletdinov »
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

deCoubertin

December 13, 2009, 04:31:07 PM
Reply #1

Youngy09

Their press is as bad as ours! There's not one quote in there. All it says is he could. I think it's bullshit. I reckon Donovan will make the decision, they couldn't afford to upset their best player.

December 13, 2009, 04:42:47 PM
Reply #2

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
In fact the only thing that the article actually says is that Bob Bradley might have the final say on whether it goes ahead or not.

It's just a general analysis of whether the loan move would be good for the US National team or not - the article itself is fair enough.

December 13, 2009, 04:52:21 PM
Reply #3

slothzen

I can't see it being anything but a good thing for Landon and the US team.  Exposure, top experience for their (arguably) best player and captain.  I can understand if the fear is of injury, though.  He would be playing against many of the players of US team's top rival in the group stages of the world cup.  Really interesting stuff, but as far as we are all concerned, I'm sure, it would be a hell of an entertaining thing to see him go to Everton even if he is ensured to be injured.  I'm from the US but club before country IMO.

December 13, 2009, 07:44:24 PM
Reply #4

Flusky

Steer us away from RELEGATION?! The NERVE!

December 14, 2009, 01:02:25 AM
Reply #5

American Evertonian

I can't see it being anything but a good thing for Landon and the US team.  Exposure, top experience for their (arguably) best player and captain.  I can understand if the fear is of injury, though.  He would be playing against many of the players of US team's top rival in the group stages of the world cup.  Really interesting stuff, but as far as we are all concerned, I'm sure, it would be a hell of an entertaining thing to see him go to Everton even if he is ensured to be injured.  I'm from the US but club before country IMO.

I am more of a country before club kind of guy, but I agree with this.  I think that there are few negative sides to Donovan taking this deal and Bradley (who I already think is a fool at times) will be foolish to turn this down.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.