November 23, 2017, 08:00:08 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Manchester United  (Read 33203 times)

September 07, 2010, 01:25:51 AM
Reply #15

cad

I don't expect us to win, so I can either shrug a loss off, or be pleasantly surprised with anything better.
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.

September 07, 2010, 01:40:43 AM
Reply #16

Tasslehoff

For me the actual result is less painful if we play well, and contrary to popular believe we have been getting better. I fancy the Score draw to be honest. Which I would be happy with.

September 07, 2010, 03:34:26 AM
Reply #17

april

Howard

Hibbert     Heitinga     Jagielka    Baines

Fellaini  Rodwell

Bilyaletdinov     Arteta    Pienaar

Beckford

Yeah I know, no Cahill. But Beckford did the biz against Man U last season so he makes the team. One of Fellaini / Rodwell to surge forward at all times, both back to help out with percieved 'lack of height' at the back, Bily to replicate his wonder strike of last season, Coleman to come on and torment Evra for the last 20 mins, setting up Pienaar for a simple tap-in on 83mins.  We win 2-0.
Toffeegirls Rule.

September 07, 2010, 04:44:10 AM
Reply #18

the doc

wonder if rooney will play? anyway we have to get a result on this one I'm going for a 2-1 win, Cahill and Rodwell to score!

September 07, 2010, 08:58:38 AM
Reply #19

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Good luck with Rodwell scoring, he's injured.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

September 07, 2010, 06:38:15 PM
Reply #20

kunal32

Must be something of a record, two seasons in a row the mancs coming to Goodison and not going back with all 3 points. Think that'll change this weekend. 2-0 Utd win hate to say.

September 08, 2010, 12:44:08 AM
Reply #21

DannyR

Would love us to win, i  can seeing it being a draw, wouldn't be upset if we lost.
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

September 08, 2010, 01:34:49 AM
Reply #22

5yeararteta

We wont win without Phil Neville. Arteta is a shit captain. 
was this a joke???

September 08, 2010, 01:41:31 AM
Reply #23

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
What did he not play well in a meaningless friendly that neither the players or fans care about at all?

It's effectively a reserve match, a chance for young/fringe players to impress and show they are worth a shot at the first team. Yak was fucking dire.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

September 08, 2010, 02:41:35 AM
Reply #24

Thom

Administrator
-------------Howard----------
Hibbert---Jagielka--Distin--Baines
Bily---Arteta---Fellaini--Pienaar
---------------Cahill---------
-------------Beckford-------

Bench: Mucha, Coleman, Heitinga, Osman, Anichebe Saha, Yakubu

2-1 to Everton. Fellaini and Yakubu for us, Rooney for them.

September 08, 2010, 04:45:44 AM
Reply #25

Sharky

was this a joke???
not in the slightest mate.

He might not be a world beater and win games on his own but its clear to see hes the leader on the pitch. And when your playing the best teams around you need the leader.

It was shown last season when we were 1-0 down at half time to burnley. As soon as nev was subed on and got thew armband on the team looked calmer and we went back and won 2-1.

Also correct me if im wrong but have we ever won a game with arteta as captain?

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

September 08, 2010, 06:16:33 AM
Reply #26

5yeararteta

not in the slightest mate.

He might not be a world beater and win games on his own but its clear to see hes the leader on the pitch. And when your playing the best teams around you need the leader.

It was shown last season when we were 1-0 down at half time to burnley. As soon as nev was subed on and got thew armband on the team looked calmer and we went back and won 2-1.

Also correct me if im wrong but have we ever won a game with arteta as captain?

"We wont win without Phil NevilleĒ - I just canít see how Phil Neville is that influential. i donít think he is the difference between us winning or losing. As a captain i believe he is good but not great, and i believe currently he doesnít warrant a place in the side. When he gets the ball i hate it because so predictable and slow. With arteta he is not what i would say is a captain however the articles i have read on everton players about Arteta is that when he talks they listen  and he in extremely influential - personally my idea of a captain is Johnny h - however he hasnít really been at the club long enough and not in starting 11 to warrant the captains arm band.

September 08, 2010, 04:50:14 PM
Reply #27

aylesbury blue

We are going to get stuffed 3-0
Phil Jagielka's best mate and the best player to have played with Tony Cottee....2 brief descriptions of Richie Boyle.

September 08, 2010, 08:22:31 PM
Reply #28

charlatan

We are going to get stuffed 3-0

Hope not, but wouldn't surprise me.

September 08, 2010, 09:12:48 PM
Reply #29

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
The idea that we can't win without Phil Neville bemuses me a bit. Given his age, we better had find a way sooner rather than later.

I don't think the captain's role on the pitch is that significant, there are 11 players who for the most part know what they should be doing and all have the will to win.

We can play well without Phil Neville, so we can win without Phil Neville. The real problem this season has been individual errors and certain players not playing to their potential. That said I think Neville is a great club representative, for me he just doesn't need to be playing all the time for us to win.