November 22, 2017, 07:13:53 PM

Author Topic: Another positive...  (Read 2419 times)

January 09, 2010, 11:32:59 PM
Read 2419 times

.Rimbo.

We've now played United, Chelsea and Arsenal in their own back yards.

I'm not scared of United or Chelski at Goodison, we battered both of them last season, and l'Arse! Every game should be seen as winnable from now on IMO.

deCoubertin

January 09, 2010, 11:35:30 PM
Reply #1

Cantoffie

Winnable, Yes. Easy, No.

The likes of man u anf Chelsea are tough matches always but we need to remember that Totenham and Man city, and Aston Villa are all very good sides. We cant let the team drop momentum here on in or we will be punished buy these sides.
My cup runeth over with blood, but not wine.

January 09, 2010, 11:37:31 PM
Reply #2

.Rimbo.

Are you scared of anyone though? Because I really am not.

I know when we're on it, we can beat anyone. Of course, we have to be on it to do so so no, we cannot let momentum drop, but I've been banging this drum for a while.

Everton have the capability, as they showed last year, to go on a 2-month unbeaten run or something ridiculous.

January 09, 2010, 11:41:14 PM
Reply #3

Endless, Nameless

The only team I'm scared of now is Everton. I'm scared we won't keep playing like that, I'm scared we'll lose composure and I'm scared that our rotten luck will continue.

If we play like that every game, I have no doubt that we'll be go on a sick run of form.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

January 09, 2010, 11:42:08 PM
Reply #4

charlatan

Agreed.  We look a match for anyone when we're playing at a high tempo.

Exactly why I've been so pissed off with us going thru the motions playing shitey hoofball most of the season

January 09, 2010, 11:43:34 PM
Reply #5

.Rimbo.

Consistency is one of David Moyes' greatest strengths, though, Callum. I can't see our level of performance drop, if only for fatigue, but nothing else. Provided we get our walking wounded back soon as, the fatigue (hopefully) won't kick in.

January 09, 2010, 11:45:04 PM
Reply #6

Endless, Nameless

Consistency is one of David Moyes' greatest strengths, though, Callum. I can't see our level of performance drop, if only for fatigue, but nothing else. Provided we get our walking wounded back soon as, the fatigue (hopefully) won't kick in.

Well I hope we can go out next week and end city's new found form with a thumping display then. Come on lads, let's show them that there's more to it than dosh. Effort + passion + big fuck off hair = a winning team.

January 09, 2010, 11:45:27 PM
Reply #7

Midfield General

I agree with you Rimbo we are now looking like a side that believes they can go and win anywhere, and we now have a lot of quality to go with the hard working ethic that Moyes has instilled at the club.

January 09, 2010, 11:47:18 PM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Well, it's only taken 5 months.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

January 09, 2010, 11:48:04 PM
Reply #9

.Rimbo.

Midfield General (were you formerly Toffee Heaven by the way?), we saw this confidence last season. I don't know if we went there today with that much confidence, but I think Moyes may have gone for the win today, instead of his usual draw.

That will definitely give us more confidence and as I say, we feared no-one last year during our excellent run, and now we should fear no-one again. The one team I fear we can't beat is Chelski, because Moyes never has, but we got two draws with them last season and one this season.

January 09, 2010, 11:51:40 PM
Reply #10

everton-4-ever

there all winable bud

but we need to have a cosistent team playing together now

the return of jags and mikel will boost us as squad no end but lady luck need to get her arse over here now as surely we have been punished enough injury wise
do to the man as the man would to you but do it first!!

January 09, 2010, 11:59:53 PM
Reply #11

Midfield General

Midfield General (were you formerly Toffee Heaven by the way?), we saw this confidence last season. I don't know if we went there today with that much confidence, but I think Moyes may have gone for the win today, instead of his usual draw.

That will definitely give us more confidence and as I say, we feared no-one last year during our excellent run, and now we should fear no-one again. The one team I fear we can't beat is Chelski, because Moyes never has, but we got two draws with them last season and one this season.

Yes mate that was me in my former life :)

January 10, 2010, 12:04:24 AM
Reply #12

sukulpat

One thing to be worried, brother Rimbo, when we play with better team, we were getting better. But, if we played with a lower class team, we would also getting worse, too (like we played with Bolton, Hull, Burnley)

January 10, 2010, 12:08:05 AM
Reply #13

Endless, Nameless

One thing to be worried, brother Rimbo, when we play with better team, we were getting better. But, if we played with a lower class team, we would also getting worse, too (like we played with Bolton, Hull, Burnley)

Did I miss the NSNO cult trials?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 12:17:33 AM by CallumF73 »

January 10, 2010, 12:08:24 AM
Reply #14

.Rimbo.

sukulpat, mate, you have a point, and that's something we weren't doing last season. This season we've been dropping points against lesser teams that last year we would put to the sword. I think a lot of that can be attributed to the opening day disaster though which crushed our confidence.