November 24, 2017, 07:10:14 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Fulham  (Read 32491 times)

September 26, 2010, 03:05:22 AM
Reply #375

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Talking of Vic, is there any word at all on when he's likely to be back?  I really think he would have made a difference for us so far this season.

Six weeks

September 26, 2010, 03:06:19 AM
Reply #376

philly

He's gone for an op on his knee so it's another 6 weeks - and knowing vic's aversion to physio it could be anything unto 2 months before he's back in the squad.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 03:08:59 AM by philly »
Bily No Pace (07/10/2011): I try an inspire people through my subject lines, the way I look at it is a director's comment for every post I make, just a little insight into my world.

September 26, 2010, 03:07:25 AM
Reply #377

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Crikey, hope he comes back and picks up where he left off.

September 26, 2010, 03:10:01 AM
Reply #378

AidyEFC9

I'm not convinced that beckford would of made a difference
Yakubu made a lot of room for himself due to his physical strength and him tearing hangeland a new one

Osman though should of had a tap in but lost concentration was poor from him

Don't get me wrong, Yak had a good game today and should of got us a goal but with 10 or so mins to go, Fulham were starting to hold a high line and leaving space in behind and one or two times Yak nearly got in and i think with Beckford, fresh legs and a bit of pace and good movement off the last defender, he might of got in and who knows, might of nicked us the win?.

But with us having alot of the game and to the very end aswell, i'd of liked to of seen Moyes put on Beckford for the last 10 and give Yak some support cos Yak all game was pulling wide and dropping deep and pulling his marker all over and i think that would of been ideal for Beckford as it would of give him more room to run into and we could of maybe exploited it a bit better that way and created more.

Yeah, the facts do speak for themselves. We did play well. We did make chances. We did look confident. We did keep a clean sheet. We did take a point from our bogey ground. You can whinge and moan as much as you want, but this was a decent result.

A point down there is good in are current state of affairs, but is it worrying anyone else that we are playing well but not scoring and getting results?. That's when you should get goals and win when playing like we did today and against Wolves 1st half, Villa for 60 mins and against United but what about when are form dips, confidence is low and we aren't playing well and then were not even picking up draws, we'll be fucked!.

If we go about things the way we did today and carry on playing well and creating a bit more then sooner or later we will score goals and win games but in all my time of supporting and watching Everton, i know they wont play like that consistently over a run of games, we play like that one week and then play shit for 2 or 3, we never play like we did today or like we did against United this season and last or play like we did against Fiorentina in Europe a few seasons ago on a regular basis. I know you cant play like that every week but surely we can play summat like most weeks, but we don't, but if we did we'd win most games than not but we have too many shit games and not enough good ones consistently. That's what separates us from the top 4 or 5 teams in this league IMO, they rarely, if ever have too many shit games were there shockingly bad and lose but every season your guaranteed that with Everton, we've got too many bad games in us which cost us in the end.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 03:11:39 AM by AidyEFC9 »

September 26, 2010, 03:10:34 AM
Reply #379

philly

Crikey, hope he comes back and picks up where he left off.

I think that's what everyones praying for - Moyes would actually start him there over Osman which would give him the chance to warm the bench and be an impact sub like today.
Bily No Pace (07/10/2011): I try an inspire people through my subject lines, the way I look at it is a director's comment for every post I make, just a little insight into my world.

September 26, 2010, 03:25:00 AM
Reply #380

blue for you

when will saha be back would be more like it i think he is the only striker
who will get us goals at the moment

September 26, 2010, 03:33:56 AM
Reply #381

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

He hasn't scored since February though.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

September 26, 2010, 05:04:39 AM
Reply #382

Gash

Global Moderator

Strange one. When he got injured 3 weeks ago they said three weeks. Yesterday they said another 3 weeks?