November 18, 2017, 10:41:57 AM

Author Topic: Stoke City v Everton  (Read 17274 times)

January 30, 2017, 05:48:44 PM
Reply #60

TSGun

Bainse? Is that a typo or did you manage to give a player a nickname that sounds exactly like his real name? Kudos!

And I'm saying nothing about Holegate.

Except he sounds like someone to bring back the 'glory' days           ;)
Had to google Holegate and coincidentally it's a town situated not far from The Bell Inn.

January 30, 2017, 07:15:20 PM
Reply #61

Toddacelli

Had to google Holegate and coincidentally it's a town situated not far from The Bell Inn.

I'm sure it is!

lolol

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 31, 2017, 01:02:23 AM
Reply #62

Ih8redshite

January 31, 2017, 01:02:55 AM
Reply #63

Ih8redshite

February 01, 2017, 02:47:16 AM
Reply #64

Lxxx

A win here and we bizarrely go 8 pts off 2nd as things stand.

February 01, 2017, 03:52:29 AM
Reply #65

Toddacelli

You're never far from a Bell Inn, wherever you are...

February 01, 2017, 03:54:28 AM
Reply #66

Zoolander

Every team around and above us dropped points this evening.....

February 01, 2017, 03:56:16 AM
Reply #67

Toddacelli

Ronnie having a dig at the flop

He seems to be so businesslike, you hear these stories and you wonder how much of his heart is in it... and then he pops up with a little gem like this.

Subtle but cheeky.

And all of a sudden you think - "He knows... he KNOWS!"

February 01, 2017, 04:29:57 AM
Reply #68

Lxxx

Every team around and above us dropped points this evening.....
It's tempting to start to check out the next few rounds of fixtures to see where we could make up points on the teams above us.

Then you snap out of it and realise it's Everton so tomorrow they'll snuff out that optimism with a dog shite performance and ruin it all.

February 01, 2017, 04:44:44 AM
Reply #69

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He seems to be so businesslike, you hear these stories and you wonder how much of his heart is in it... and then he pops up with a little gem like this.

Subtle but cheeky.

And all of a sudden you think - "He knows... he KNOWS!"

I honestly think the Everton bug has bitten him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 01, 2017, 04:49:11 AM
Reply #70

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It's tempting to start to check out the next few rounds of fixtures to see where we could make up points on the teams above us.

Then you snap out of it and realise it's Everton so tomorrow they'll snuff out that optimism with a dog shite performance and ruin it all.

We've genuinely got a boss run in for the next two months then have a tough April.

I remember in Martinezs first season when we were 8 points off Arsenal around this time.

I said we'd make those points up and overtake them when the came to Goodison. We had a favourable run in and Arsenal were due their annual implosion.

It's more difficult to make ground this year and there's a lot of teams to overtake, but it just takes one team to go in a bad run and if we follow our pattern of recent form we could take advantage.

As you say though, it's Everton and we'll end up losing 2-1 tomorrow night and have calls of the season being over.

February 01, 2017, 07:11:06 AM
Reply #71

Toddacelli

We've genuinely got a boss run in for the next two months then have a tough April.

I remember in Martinezs first season when we were 8 points off Arsenal around this time.

I said we'd make those points up and overtake them when the came to Goodison. We had a favourable run in and Arsenal were due their annual implosion.

It's more difficult to make ground this year and there's a lot of teams to overtake, but it just takes one team to go in a bad run and if we follow our pattern of recent form we could take advantage.

As you say though, it's Everton and we'll end up losing 2-1 tomorrow night and have calls of the season being over.

True. Arsenal have already made their first move to close in on that much-coveted 4th spot.

February 01, 2017, 07:15:17 AM
Reply #72

Ramjam

True. Arsenal have already made their first move to close in on that much-coveted 4th spot.

You mean 5th
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 01, 2017, 12:30:14 PM
Reply #73

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
We're effectively going into the 1st of 16 games that if we don't win finish the season.

I'm not saying we need to win all 16(It won't be far off), but we need to keep that distance to 6th manageable to make it seem like there's a goal.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

February 01, 2017, 12:59:06 PM
Reply #74

Bluedylan

I think one or two of the top 6 will be very catchable, if we can put a run of wins on the board.

They're all dropping points, and will continue to (especially when playing each other, naturally).

I'm looking forward to the day when the media have to acknowledge that it's a top 7, not a top 6.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.