November 18, 2017, 05:12:40 AM

Author Topic: Stoke City v Everton  (Read 17268 times)

February 02, 2017, 08:17:40 AM
Reply #645

Ridge

We are trying to make them the survivor series, but they see it as hell in a cell. It's Pandamania XXXV!

February 02, 2017, 12:46:39 PM
Reply #646

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Few comments on tonight. Firstly for the first time Holgate's inexperience showed but he was up against a good player. Wondered if RK should have pulled Seamus deeper, sooner,  to help him. Part of the learning curve and we have to be patient.
Davies looked so comfortable and confident it's hard to believe he's so young. Worked well with Lookman when he came on.
We didn't play as well as we could but the encouraging results lately have certainly given us confidence on the ball. I'm beginning to feel that playing the ball our from the back is working and I'm not as scared waiting for the poor pass to be intercepted and a goal against.
Overall not a game that will live long in the memory but a point is a point and that's not guaranteed at Stoke, just felt that we could have won that.
Roll on Saturday
Playing from the back is working because you've got the energy of Davies and a much improved work rate from Ross creating space to receive passes.  So much of an upgrade from old McCarthy hiding next to players, Ross standing still, and the wide midfielders miles away and marked.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

February 02, 2017, 12:48:59 PM
Reply #647

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

'He (Pawson) got surrounded by a lot of Everton players and he should have got on with the game,' said Hughes
Fucking great seeing Schneiderlin straight in there giving the linesman and ref loads.  Absolutely what we've not had for years.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

February 02, 2017, 02:13:08 PM
Reply #648

Lxxx

Stoke is proper middle England.

The fact Paul Nuttell is taking residence there tells you all you need to know.

It's closer to Middle Earth.

February 02, 2017, 02:25:10 PM
Reply #649

Rodenplav64

Its an awful place to try and win a game and an even worse place to try and play football . Holgate wasn't the only one caught out and as usual we were a bit slow out the blocks . No doubt the bottom feeders worked on that and Mr Tickle just had one of those nights when all his spammy touches came off . Picking up a point in the circumstances is not that bad . Positivity .

February 02, 2017, 02:38:50 PM
Reply #650

Bally

Administrator
Happy with that! They haven't changed! F'in horrible scumbags. We got no protection from the officials.
They are horrible,their players are horrible, their fans are horrible, the place is a shithouse, they always go on about that the weather's shit. Why? Cause it's a shithole and players ,Bardsley, Adam,Whelan etc kick the shite out of Davies and Barkley all night, I bet none of the f's live there. F off Hughes!I hate Stoke- f'off!
Rant over! Keep the faith!

Just so you know mate, you can swear on here, it's a forum for all, just that we understand people swear and we don't mind... mind you if you're racist, homophoibic, bullying or just being a total cunt...then we'll have something to say.
Edit:- just noticed you've been here since November last year so you probably know... Sorry man
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 02:52:12 PM by Bally »
It's the roll I way

February 02, 2017, 02:40:50 PM
Reply #651

Bally

Administrator
An innocent visit to Alton Towers can easily turn into one of those Wrong Turn films.
Love that hahahaha
It's the roll I way

February 02, 2017, 02:45:02 PM
Reply #652

Bally

Administrator
.........the real football fans in Stoke support Port Vale. ;D
Port Vale have got a boss little ground
It's the roll I way

February 02, 2017, 03:22:06 PM
Reply #653

Alanvideo

Port Vale have got a boss little ground
..............hard to imagine now but their record attendance is 49,768 v. Villa in 1960 !!
They put us out of the cup in 1997 in front of nearly 20,000.
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 02, 2017, 03:55:20 PM
Reply #654

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
..............hard to imagine now but their record attendance is 49,768 v. Villa in 1960 !!
They put us out of the cup in 1997 in front of nearly 20,000.

I went to that, it was valentines day 96

I remember it was Valentines day cause some bird in school gave me a card saying Roses are red, violets are blue, Everton 1, Port Vale 2.

We'd scraped past Stockport int he round before as well, Alun Armstrong putting in 2 top shifts against us. I remember that away game as it's the only time i've stood on a terrace at a match

February 02, 2017, 04:40:49 PM
Reply #655

Danny

A 1-1 away at a team like Stoke isn't the end of the world, not beating Bournemouth next though would suggest we aren't as good as we thought we were the last few weeks.

I think it'll be back to winning ways with Bournemouth stuttering at the moment and then heading towards 10 unbeaten.

February 02, 2017, 04:57:19 PM
Reply #656

Major Clanger

Does anyone remember Koeman's admission that we can't win physical battles? I think he'll be pleased with the change.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

February 02, 2017, 05:06:15 PM
Reply #657

Bluenose 91

Funes Mori with one of the all time worst defensive performances I've ever seen last night.

How many times does he get done with that ball over his head?

Dreadful defender.

February 02, 2017, 05:29:14 PM
Reply #658

Shogun

Administrator
I do love how there's no inbetween with Funes Mori. You rather rate him or think he's an absolute disaster.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 02, 2017, 05:42:09 PM
Reply #659

MmmBlueRamirez

FuMo flatters to deceive. His barnstorming runs from defence and thunderbolt left foot shots straight at the defender hide woeful defensive inadequacies.

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama