November 25, 2017, 07:49:50 AM

Author Topic: Tottenham versus Everton  (Read 29624 times)

October 18, 2010, 03:31:23 PM
Read 29624 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Another big game that could threaten to bring us down with a bump.  Tottenham have been superb so far this season and we will have to be at our best if we want anything from this.  Personally a draw would be a great result for us.

Even if the injury list remains the same and the players who got knocks in the derby are ok you just have to play the same team we played against the shite and show faith in those players who were excellent on that day. 

So,

Howard

Neville             Jagielka     Distin           Baines

Heitinga

Coleman                  Arteta                   Osman

Cahill

Yakubu

Hopefully Pienaar might be back which gives us an option.

1-1

Yakubu for us, VDV for them.         

October 18, 2010, 04:26:55 PM
Reply #1

Mahoney

They've got a Champs league game this week (which they have to travel for) and then the early kick off against us on Saturday - hopefully this works in our favour.

Give me a draw right now and I'd take it. But I honestly think they are there for the taking. I agree with Silas... keep the faith Moyes and play the same team, they've earned the right to start (unless there are injuries).
It's getting pretty serious.

October 18, 2010, 04:31:54 PM
Reply #2

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
A narrow Spurs win but it shouldn't put us down. I'm thinking more about Stoke.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

October 18, 2010, 04:32:16 PM
Reply #3

MmmBlueRamirez

We will beat them. Defensively they are frail.

Yak to master-blast us to victory and Heitinga to batter his pal VDV into submission.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 18, 2010, 04:54:22 PM
Reply #4

Connavar

Don't fix something that's not broke. Same team as yesterday for me.

October 18, 2010, 05:51:50 PM
Reply #5

Sres

I wouldn't say that spurs have been that good.  Lost at Wigan, lost at West Ham and a draw at West Brom blight their season so far.

We're a better side than all 3 of these teams.  Hopefully they'll still be recovering from playing Inter Wednesday.

2-0 Cahill x2

October 18, 2010, 05:59:45 PM
Reply #6

Dr. Sponge

As good as we played in the derby, if Pienaar and Fellaini are fit they should start. I feel with the "if it's not broke don't fix it" attitude we could shoot ourselves in the foot, because Spurs will have a lot more to offer than Liverpool did, they're a far better side.

I don't know who I'd drop to the bench, but I have a feeling that injuries will pick the side for Moyes again. Pienaar for Osman, Fellaini for Heitinga or Arteta.

Yakubu is unstoppable when he's on form, as he showed in the derby. I just wish he'd stop hitting the floor at the drop of a hat.

October 18, 2010, 06:28:14 PM
Reply #7

Bluenose 91

Wigan beat them so why can't we?

Spurs 0-2 Everton

Cahill (2)

October 18, 2010, 06:29:45 PM
Reply #8

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
As good as we played in the derby, if Pienaar and Fellaini are fit they should start. I feel with the "if it's not broke don't fix it" attitude we could shoot ourselves in the foot, because Spurs will have a lot more to offer than Liverpool did, they're a far better side.

I don't know who I'd drop to the bench, but I have a feeling that injuries will pick the side for Moyes again. Pienaar for Osman, Fellaini for Heitinga or Arteta.

Yakubu is unstoppable when he's on form, as he showed in the derby. I just wish he'd stop hitting the floor at the drop of a hat.

It would be terrible man management to drop the players from yesterday unless they are injured.  Moyes has been critical of the team so when he praises them he has to back this up by sticking with them.

October 18, 2010, 06:32:40 PM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Fellaini is out for 6 weeks, so it'll be Heitinga in midfield again.

If Pienaar is fir, then Osman should be dropped for him. Coleman to continue on the right and Ossie on the bench.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

October 18, 2010, 06:45:10 PM
Reply #10

Dr. Sponge

It would be terrible man management to drop the players from yesterday unless they are injured.  Moyes has been critical of the team so when he praises them he has to back this up by sticking with them.

Good management would be putting a team out that he thinks is best equipped to beat Spurs at their ground.

October 18, 2010, 06:52:21 PM
Reply #11

blue for you

any chance saha will be fit he could do the job off the bench next weekend
the yak is due a goal

October 18, 2010, 06:54:26 PM
Reply #12

Optimistic Blue

Brimming with confidence, when we get on a roll, we will go for months

Spurs will be without King leaving them week at the back, an inevitable battering by inter milan plus the journey, and our team is superior to theres.

2-0, if the yak gets his goalscoring touch back though it could easily be 4-0
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

October 18, 2010, 07:45:00 PM
Reply #13

DannyR

Im worried about VDV, i hope they take a battering against inter, and have many players go off with injuries
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

October 18, 2010, 08:18:57 PM
Reply #14

Blueney-tunes

Heitingas performance yesterday was absolutely woeful!!

They were just strolling straight into the final 3rd. Luckily we had Distan and Jags on form.

Drop him a place Hibbo at RB and Nev in Defensive mid.