November 19, 2017, 01:01:40 PM

Author Topic: Tottenham versus Everton  (Read 29459 times)

October 18, 2010, 09:43:38 PM
Reply #15

cantoffee

A narrow Spurs win but it shouldn't put us down. I'm thinking more about Stoke.

NSNO and all that...

October 19, 2010, 12:05:49 AM
Reply #16

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Aside from their first game I don't think they've been that good this season, but they are a good side and have been getting results despite some middling form.

It'll be a tough game obviously but we'll have to wait and see how we patch up from our knocks on Sunday, plus how they do midweek (both in terms of result and any knocks they pick up if any).

October 19, 2010, 12:34:13 AM
Reply #17

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
If we beat them then we only 2 points behind them and our  start to this season will not look as bad anymore. I think we can take them. They were lucky against Fulham to win. Should of drawn that one.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 19, 2010, 12:47:01 AM
Reply #18

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If we beat them then we only 2 points behind them and our  start to this season will not look as bad anymore. I think we can take them. They were lucky against Fulham to win. Should of drawn that one.

If we beat them and we are only 2 points behind them, it makes the start to the season all the more frustrating given the shit we played when we had a fully fit squad.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 19, 2010, 12:50:52 AM
Reply #19

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
If we beat them and we are only 2 points behind them, it makes the start to the season all the more frustrating given the shit we played when we had a fully fit squad.

Your life is all half empty at the moment...
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 19, 2010, 01:35:53 AM
Reply #20

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Sure, but don't you feel it's another missed opportunity? Blackburn, Wolves, Newcastle games yeilded one point with a fully fit team. We should have had at least another 6 points to the 9 we already have, putting us up where we should be.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 19, 2010, 02:42:06 AM
Reply #21

Robioto

This will be our toughest test so far this season IMO, but I think the Inter game on Wednesday could work in our favour. I think we will get a draw and then look to Stoke and Blackpool and get a futher 6 points.

October 19, 2010, 03:37:08 AM
Reply #22

Ridge

Sure, but don't you feel it's another missed opportunity? Blackburn, Wolves, Newcastle games yeilded one point with a fully fit team. We should have had at least another 6 points to the 9 we already have, putting us up where we should be.
Spilt milk, what's done is done and you can only change the future.

Yak looked like a monster since his mountaineering exploits, having a fit striker in form was what we were missing. The injuries are not as bad as last year and we don't have the volume of games that europe brought.

I fancy us to beat Spurs and beat them well, 2-0 or maybe 2-1 with a late Crouch goal.

October 19, 2010, 03:54:02 AM
Reply #23

Gash

Global Moderator
I can see us getting a result here. It'll be tight, but 1-2 I think. Although Spurs are a bit of a bogie team to us.

October 19, 2010, 08:20:04 AM
Reply #24

eyesalwaysblue

Theyv'e got some top drawer players...but so have we...when yak get's his next the flood gates will open
for him......we couldn't moan at a draw...got to be a good time to go there on the back of a euro mid week
game though...keep it up lads...thanks for yesterday.... :thumbsup:
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 19, 2010, 11:53:08 PM
Reply #25

Sheedys left peg

Has anyone got any updates on our injured players.  Will any of those that went off in or missed the derby be available?

October 20, 2010, 01:53:32 PM
Reply #26

EssexYid

We will beat them. Defensively they are frail.

Yak to master-blast us to victory and Heitinga to batter his pal VDV into submission.

I have noticed a few posts on here claiming that Spurs have a weak defence etc.  :wag:

The facts are that only Chelsea and Manchester City have conceded fewer goals than Spurs so far this season,  and that is despite the fact that Spurs have had a catalogue of injuries in their back Four this season.

Added to the fact that Spurs conceded just 10 goals at home in season 2008/9 the lowest amount of any team in the Premiership,  and again in 2009/10 Spurs conceded just 12 goals at home which was also the lowest amount of goals conceded by any team in the Premiership,  I really cant see where some of you are coming from with this idea that Spurs concede lots of goals especially at WHL because it is simply not true.

October 20, 2010, 04:03:54 PM
Reply #27

kunal32

You may well have conceded the fewest goals at home by any team but just to note we have won the last 3 out of 4 meetings at WHL :

0-2,1-3,0-1

Last year we really should have taken a point with that shocking miss by Landon.
Not saying we'll win but we've certainly reversed that hoodoo over the last 20 years.

October 20, 2010, 05:19:32 PM
Reply #28

Bally

Administrator
If everyone plays as they did in the previous game we will do them 0-3 with beckford scoring from the bench
It's the roll I way

October 20, 2010, 05:38:05 PM
Reply #29

Derek

We can win. They may have a Champs League hangover plus they haven't been excellent in the PL recently.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku