November 24, 2017, 08:55:19 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs Stoke City  (Read 20119 times)

October 25, 2010, 03:39:12 PM
Read 20119 times

Mahoney

Depending on injuries I would go with the following:

GK - Howard
LB - Baines
CB - Distin
CB - Jags
RB - Neville

DM - Heitinga
CM - Arteta
LM - Pienaar
RM - Coleman
AM - Cahill

ST - Yakubu

No real changes from the Derby/Spurs games and I'm looking to the likes Arteta being back. Would like to see Gueye and Beckford off the bench - both for more than 10 minutes. Maybe if we've got a lead after 60 minutes, Moyes will look to the bench (and in particular these players)

I would like to think we can keep a clean sheet and win by 2+ goals. Yak and Beckford (off the bench).
It's getting pretty serious.

October 25, 2010, 03:47:31 PM
Reply #1

Gary Iceman

3-1 yak.beckford.coleman.  jones for them.
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

October 25, 2010, 04:18:56 PM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
                         Howard

Hibbert      Distin         Jags           Baines

Nevillle

Coleman           Arteta                  Pienaar

Cahill

Yakubu

I expect it to be Mahoney's team though.  Either line up should be enough to take Stoke though. 2-0 with Yak finally getting off the mark.

October 25, 2010, 04:24:11 PM
Reply #3

sharpattack

I'd have Saha in ahead of Yak. He's had a good run and can't score
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

October 25, 2010, 06:55:32 PM
Reply #4

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

As opposed to Saha who has a bad run and can't score?
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

October 25, 2010, 09:32:04 PM
Reply #5

Jamokachi

I think the second half against Spurs is an indication of what a bad idea that would be.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 01:13:05 AM by Jamokachi »

October 25, 2010, 10:24:56 PM
Reply #6

cantoffee

Hoping for Arteta to be back, also after the next international break we should be seeing Fellaini and not long after that we'll see Anichebe and hopefully Rodwell.

For this match though I expect it will be tough, and I expect Yakubu and Cahill upfront will have to battle all day while Distin will have to deal with Jones (I am not excited about this prospect).

I still see us winning but they will score, my guess is Yakubu and Coleman to score, might even see Pienaar bag one.

October 26, 2010, 12:14:15 AM
Reply #7

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Hoping for Arteta to be back, also after the next international break we should be seeing Fellaini and not long after that we'll see Anichebe and hopefully Rodwell.

For this match though I expect it will be tough, and I expect Yakubu and Cahill upfront will have to battle all day while Distin will have to deal with Jones (I am not excited about this prospect).

I still see us winning but they will score, my guess is Yakubu and Coleman to score, might even see Pienaar bag one.

who is this Anichebe you speak of?

Simply simply lovely

October 26, 2010, 01:34:34 AM
Reply #8

kunal32

It would be typical of us after the recent run of results against decent opposition (especially the last two fixtures) we've had to come unstuck against these.Wouldn't bet on a 1-1. Hope i'm wrong and we win 1-0.

October 26, 2010, 04:26:38 AM
Reply #9

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I think it might all come together and we could easily grab a 3-0 or something like that.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 27, 2010, 03:18:35 AM
Reply #10

Derek

Stoke are not sensational away from the Britannia. We can certainly beat them, and I'd expect us to. Three points at home to Stoke should be pretty much nailed on. Although we've all said that about a lot of games in the past few seasons.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

October 27, 2010, 09:01:23 PM
Reply #11

EFC2302

We're due to give someone a good thrashing, and i can see it here, 4-0 (Cahill x 2, Yak and Distin)
Andy Hinchcliffe has a wicked left foot!!!!!  :tongue:

October 28, 2010, 05:22:39 AM
Reply #12

Robioto

Glad they went to extra time tonight. I'm going to go:

Everton 2-0 Stoke

Yakubu 2

I'm backing the Yak to get back on the scoring charts. I also think that this will be fairly comfortable (I hope).

October 28, 2010, 05:05:02 PM
Reply #13

Thom

Administrator
Arteta in for Bily as the only change from last week.

2-1 to Everton. Cahill and Yakubu for us, Jones for them.

October 29, 2010, 05:52:01 PM
Reply #14

nomorechang

RIP
Kenwyne jones and Pennant are doubtful starters , we're going to have to watch Fuller who can be dangerous and I wouldnt start Louis because as much as Pulis moans about it , they are a gang of dirty bastards and hopefully Yak and Cahill will work Shawcross and Huth over bfore the King and Becks can finish them off from the bench ...They had a hard midweek game also .... 3 - 0 to us , Yak , King Louis and Becks
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "