November 19, 2017, 02:49:50 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs Stoke City  (Read 20053 times)

October 31, 2010, 01:03:44 AM
Reply #135

toffee_scot

Good win today. A one nil victory will do very nicely and good to see Yakubu scoring!

October 31, 2010, 01:14:11 AM
Reply #136

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
i'll be honest, for the first 25-30 minutes of the game, they played some decent football. they just ind of reverted to time wasting in the first half, and then the second half they went all bully-boy. But they've got players who can play some decent stuff in their side.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 31, 2010, 01:24:25 AM
Reply #137

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
anyone think tuncay would be a tidy signing or is it just me?

Simply simply lovely

October 31, 2010, 01:32:52 AM
Reply #138

Gash

Global Moderator

He seems to have the ability but never gets a run of games whereever he is. I don't know if it's his attitude or something. Bit he looks a decent player but inconsistent.

October 31, 2010, 01:33:38 AM
Reply #139

Gash

Global Moderator
By the way, a matchday thread without Blarg. What's all that about? Haven't seen him on here for days.

October 31, 2010, 01:33:44 AM
Reply #140

cantoffee

He's a bit of cunt, also doesn't like to pass, don't think I'd want him here.

October 31, 2010, 01:36:41 AM
Reply #141

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He's a bit of cunt, also doesn't like to pass, don't think I'd want him here.

yeah i see that but he does have quality and he works hard

Simply simply lovely

October 31, 2010, 01:38:09 AM
Reply #142

cantoffee

yeah i see that but he does have quality and he works hard

I think he cares more about scoring goals for himself than he does scoring for the team. That's just my impression. Not that it matters I guess, if he's scoring it's helping the team. I just don't like him, he's got one of those faces, you know?

October 31, 2010, 01:45:25 AM
Reply #143

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I think he cares more about scoring goals for himself than he does scoring for the team. That's just my impression. Not that it matters I guess, if he's scoring it's helping the team. I just don't like him, he's got one of those faces, you know?

ha oh yeah, i would not tire of punching his face, just thought he was there only outlet today and pulis no like him

Simply simply lovely

October 31, 2010, 04:49:21 PM
Reply #144

JT

It's funny how people see the game differently, I've seen some headlines saying that we were pitiful! I have to say for all Stoke's timewasting and the ref's shocking 2nd half, it was a very tough game and Stoke are a strong mid table side who needed a result and came fired up to get a result.

I thought we played well against a good Stoke team who defended excellently against us especially Pienaar and Baines.  We worked hard to break them down and some of our passing was like Arsenal at times but without the final ball!.  I'm optimistic going forward though - we have to take more shots and test the keeper more but most of today's performance was very good. 

I couldn't fault any player today although think Coleman needs a rest and a couple of the games on the bench to regroup with Bily replacing him.

Thought Arteta was imperious today and Heitinga complemented him perfectly.

Well done boys - onto Blackpool

Jason