November 23, 2017, 03:25:01 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs Stoke City  (Read 20098 times)

October 30, 2010, 09:40:53 PM
Reply #45

Dr. Sponge

We need to keep hold of the ball today, and move it quickly. The long ball is sometimes effective with Cahill up there, but not against a well organised and physically strong Stoke.

I'd like to see Rodwell come on alongside Arteta.

October 30, 2010, 09:45:08 PM
Reply #46

davidian

What a fucking awful first half that was.

October 30, 2010, 09:46:00 PM
Reply #47

cambridge.blue

What was Pulis saying about cheats.... He should not throw stones is glass houses

October 30, 2010, 09:46:02 PM
Reply #48

Trowel

Need to see more of Baines and Pienaar on the left.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

October 30, 2010, 09:46:04 PM
Reply #49

cantoffee

This is fucking horrendous, they don't want to play and it's ruining it. Fuck you Tony Pulis.

October 30, 2010, 09:46:42 PM
Reply #50

cambridge.blue

Half time analysis...YAWN

October 30, 2010, 09:50:08 PM
Reply #51

Thom

Administrator
We've got no width to stretch Stoke at all. Coleman and Pienaar keep tucking inside and making the middle too congested.

Baines and Neville have made good runs down the wing but aren't be used enough. Get the ball to those two, stretch Stoke a bit and give the likes of Arteta a bit more space in the middle to do something special.

October 30, 2010, 09:51:22 PM
Reply #52

dunkster

we just take too much time setting an attack up. by the time a cross comes in their team have everyone back. we seriously need to learn how to open up teams like this.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

October 30, 2010, 09:52:39 PM
Reply #53

Tinga

That bad? Only just got up meself, feel like shit and this isn't helping, let me guess they have parked their whole stadium here?

October 30, 2010, 09:54:22 PM
Reply #54

evertonjoe

Neville has been used quite a lot but his crossing has been poor. Definitely need to see more of Baines as well.

R.A.P Music

October 30, 2010, 09:55:20 PM
Reply #55

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
We've got no width to stretch Stoke at all. Coleman and Pienaar keep tucking inside and making the middle too congested.

Baines and Neville have made good runs down the wing but aren't be used enough. Get the ball to those two, stretch Stoke a bit and give the likes of Arteta a bit more space in the middle to do something special.

I think we've had plenty of width, from both Baines and Coleman, and also Neville.  The trouble has been more that the ball has been a bit slow in coming in from the right hand side, and we're ending up coming inside as a result.

Personally I don't think we were too bad, we're just lacking that spark in the final third as always seems to be the way with us these days.  We've got to look to play balls in behind the back 4, because they're very vulnerable to that and they're good against high balls in to the box.  This could actually be a very good game to use Beckford in actually.

As for Stoke, they're just horrible.

October 30, 2010, 09:57:45 PM
Reply #56

Tinga

Does Pienaar look interested?

October 30, 2010, 10:01:30 PM
Reply #57

montanatoffeefan

I think we've had plenty of width, from both Baines and Coleman, and also Neville.  The trouble has been more that the ball has been a bit slow in coming in from the right hand side, and we're ending up coming inside as a result.

Personally I don't think we were too bad, we're just lacking that spark in the final third as always seems to be the way with us these days.  We've got to look to play balls in behind the back 4, because they're very vulnerable to that and they're good against high balls in to the box.  This could actually be a very good game to use Beckford in actually.

As for Stoke, they're just horrible.

This. May have to change my allegiances and root for Stoke to go down after this. Just shamelessly horrible stuff out of them.
Everton forever.

October 30, 2010, 10:01:58 PM
Reply #58

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

Of course he does.

October 30, 2010, 10:04:51 PM
Reply #59

Norwegiantoffee

No not really, he is playing for himself at the moment I`m afraid