November 23, 2017, 09:11:17 PM

Author Topic: Blackpool 2 - 2 Everton (R)  (Read 27685 times)

November 02, 2010, 03:40:01 AM
Read 27685 times

evertonjoe

Blackpool are currently on their way to a win against 9 men West Brom Albion; but they haven't had it all their own way tonight and with our two days of rest advantage on them I fancy us to bag a win at Bloomfield Road.

Can see it being quite an exciting game as well as both teams play good football. Hopefully we'll be more buoyed by our win over Stoke then they will be by their first home win.

Pretty much goes without saying that we should go with the same team as last week and I fancy the Yak to carry on with his good form.

Blackpool 1:3 Everton
Adam              Yakubu (2)
                         Arteta

What does everybody else think?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:56:04 PM by Si »

R.A.P Music

November 02, 2010, 03:43:39 AM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
It wont be an easy game, but we should be to strong for them. Clean sheet I think, 0-2.

November 02, 2010, 03:56:29 AM
Reply #2

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
They not an easy team to beat as they have showed. Play some very good football and we going to have to defend well. We will create plenty of chances though and must take them.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 02, 2010, 03:59:19 AM
Reply #3

cantoffee

Chance to score some goals as Confi says, but we'll have to be wary of the counter because they are quick in attack. Hopefully it's exciting and we get a good few goals, but I wouldn't underestimate them. That being said I agree with what Joe said except Cahill with a goal instead of Arteta.

November 02, 2010, 04:02:18 AM
Reply #4

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
They looked very poor tonight to be honest.  I'd be disappointed with anything other than 3 points.

November 02, 2010, 04:15:16 AM
Reply #5

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
They looked very poor tonight to be honest.  I'd be disappointed with anything other than 3 points.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

November 02, 2010, 04:23:31 AM
Reply #6

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

I agree with that but complacency will be our biggest problem.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 02, 2010, 04:30:27 AM
Reply #7

cantoffee

I don't find we're too complacent, at least I don't think we will be for this game. The players know how important this season is and our bad start was recent enough that they'll still be looking to put it behind them.

November 02, 2010, 04:31:37 AM
Reply #8

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

I don't see any complacency to be fair, either from the team or me! 

November 02, 2010, 04:35:57 AM
Reply #9

Gash

Global Moderator

I think Blackpool have shown enough teams that you can't be complacent against them, and after some of our earlier result, I doubt we will be.

November 02, 2010, 04:38:05 AM
Reply #10

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I don't see any complacency to be fair, either from the team or me! 

Expecting 3 points and working for 3 points are very different things. We can't just pitch up and expect to win.

November 02, 2010, 04:42:28 AM
Reply #11

Ridge

Too true, people often forget players are human too. People talk about they are paid enough to be motivated for every game, then they write off every game as a win and kick and scream if we drop points.

You have to give smaller teams more respect and not give big teams too much respect, something most fans struggle with more than anyone.

I'm going for a 2-0, Cahill and Yak.

November 02, 2010, 04:46:14 AM
Reply #12

evertonjoe

We've already seen how damaging complacency can be this season in the Newcastle game. It seemed to me that the players thought they had the match won before they even kicked off and because of this they went on to produce one of the most cowardly and abject performances I've seen.

Hopefully we've now got past this attitude, we certainly didn't underestimate Stoke at the weekend and we should go into this game confident that we are good enough to win but knowing that we'll need to be at the top of our game.

R.A.P Music

November 02, 2010, 04:46:43 AM
Reply #13

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Expecting 3 points and working for 3 points are very different things. We can't just pitch up and expect to win.

Of course not, but that's not going to happen.

November 02, 2010, 04:51:15 AM
Reply #14

kunal32

Defensively Blackpool looked pretty poor even against 9 men. I expect Everton to go there and grind out a win, as has already been seen this season there are no gimmies in this league. A solid 2-0 win.