November 20, 2017, 12:09:17 AM

Author Topic: Everton vs Bolton  (Read 27653 times)

November 08, 2010, 03:19:28 AM
Reply #15

Sharky

Could always wack arteta left wing and stick bily/rodwell/fellaini in the middle.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

November 08, 2010, 04:57:13 AM
Reply #16

Dr. Sponge

I think Rodwell could do a job on the left

November 08, 2010, 06:10:35 AM
Reply #17

Blueney-tunes

A dangerous suggestion but how about grow some balls and play the Chelsea-esque following:

Yak         Saha         Jerm

Bily          Arteta        Coleman

Baines    Distin             Jags           Nev

Howard

Try something new.. ie get some goals

November 08, 2010, 02:01:06 PM
Reply #18

Dr. Sponge

A dangerous suggestion but how about grow some balls and play the Chelsea-esque following:

Howard

Is that Coleman you have playing as part of a 3 man central midfield, or is it Arteta in centre midfield on his own?

November 08, 2010, 03:41:39 PM
Reply #19

Blueney-tunes

Is that Coleman you have playing as part of a 3 man central midfield, or is it Arteta in centre midfield on his own?

Sponge its a formation not a stamp. The only way Arteta would be on his own in midfield is is those player stood in those
positions for 90.
I could have put 4-5-1 with Yak and Beckford in midfield but then id be having to answer to why have I put strikers
in midfield.
Just basic tactics, our midfield cant score, the strikers come back and help anyway. Just try a basic different approach
that we know works for the best team in England. As aposed to thinking small time waiting for us to come good..

November 08, 2010, 04:32:24 PM
Reply #20

Youngy09

Sponge its a formation not a stamp. The only way Arteta would be on his own in midfield is is those player stood in those
positions for 90.
I could have put 4-5-1 with Yak and Beckford in midfield but then id be having to answer to why have I put strikers
in midfield.
Just basic tactics, our midfield cant score, the strikers come back and help anyway. Just try a basic different approach
that we know works for the best team in England. As aposed to thinking small time waiting for us to come good..

Don't you think Cahill is deserving of a place?

November 08, 2010, 05:26:20 PM
Reply #21

Thom

Administrator
Bily for Pienaar if he's still out. 2-1 to us as well, with Davies for them and Cahill and Arteta for us.

November 08, 2010, 05:51:27 PM
Reply #22

evertonjoe

Howard

That team would get goals for the opposition.

It showed on the weekend that when we don't have a ball winning midfielder on the pitch we don't keep control of possession as much and we are much less threatening going forward. A strong midfield is what all the best attacking teams have.

R.A.P Music

November 09, 2010, 05:41:45 AM
Reply #23

Dr. Sponge

positions for 90.
in midfield.

You just simply can't have 3 players in midfield, when most teams either play with 4 or 5, we'd be over run. It's a basic observation.

Yes formations aren't stamps, well spotted. But how do you propose we defend?

I know what you're getting at... Chelsea's formation..... but if you think Yakubu and Beckford could be left and right midfielders when we haven't got the ball, then you need to shake that magic 8 ball again.

November 09, 2010, 01:59:34 PM
Reply #24

top flight for a long time

Let's face it we have no chance because of the curse of the MOM award.  shakeyheadman
We're forever Everton....

November 09, 2010, 04:31:48 PM
Reply #25

MmmBlueRamirez

We are gonna get bummed. Something doesn't feel right about playing Bolton on a weds night.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 09, 2010, 10:09:02 PM
Reply #26

Jamokachi

November 09, 2010, 11:32:07 PM
Reply #27

MmmBlueRamirez

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 10, 2010, 12:20:42 AM
Reply #28

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 10, 2010, 02:21:05 AM
Reply #29

johnj

Yak       

Cahill       

Baines       Arteta        Coleman

Distin         Heitinga           Jags           Nev

Howard

Would try this if Pienaar missing, and bring on Fellaini 2nd half if it's nor working in the centre.