August 20, 2018, 05:44:49 AM

Author Topic: Everton Vs Sunderland  (Read 42036 times)

November 19, 2010, 05:17:11 AM
Read 42036 times

Mahoney

I wasn't there when Cahill slotted in his header, but remember it fondly.

I think this game will be an improvement on the Arsenal performance and I would expect to see Yakubu start. Funnily enough, I wonder if Moyes might start with two up top?? We seemed to create a lot of chances when more strikers came on against Arsenal, so don't be surprised to see a 4-3-3 with Cahill sitting just behind two strikers (so probably more of a 4-3-1-2).

Arteta keeps his place in my mind and I think we'll see a different game from him this week. (I wonder how much of playing against Cesc was playing on his mind in that game??).

All that said, a draw would be taken right now if offered as they will be in a boyant mood as will their fans. Expect a large crowd for this game.   
It's getting pretty serious.

November 22, 2010, 02:15:34 PM
Reply #1

Mahoney

Just looking at the table....

A win keeps us where we need to be (I think we'll move into the top 10 and 4 points off Bolton in 5th).

A loss means we're nearly back to where we were 6-7 games ago, 5th from bottom and 1 point from the bottom three!

A draw.... moves us up two places to 14th.

It's not doom and gloom by any means, but a hard fought win is a must for me. I want to see the Yak start and Arteta pick his game up, like we know he can do.

COYB....

November 22, 2010, 11:33:57 PM
Reply #2

Mahoney

Where did the information that Gyan is out come from? A helping hand if true!

November 23, 2010, 01:46:10 AM
Reply #3

Mahoney

I'm really nervous like we're playing Chelsea or Man Utd??? Why??

November 23, 2010, 01:50:33 AM
Reply #4

Mahoney

Because it is a massive game for us. 

Agreed... I hate using this line, but surely it's a must win?

I suppose usually big game or not I don't tend to get these nerves unless we're playing Chelsea, Man Utd etc.... but Sunderland's form has been pretty good, even when you take out the win at Stamford Bridge.

November 23, 2010, 01:56:29 AM
Reply #5

Mahoney

I wasn't aware that Jonny was playing against his brother in-law?? Zenden.

November 23, 2010, 02:07:51 AM
Reply #6

Mahoney

Get in.....

November 23, 2010, 02:10:36 AM
Reply #7

Mahoney

We need another one before momentum changes

November 23, 2010, 04:18:09 AM
Reply #8

Mahoney

Saha had another poor performance, Yak has to start the next game.

Sunderland pressed Arteta and caught him on the ball a fair few times, but I thought he battled quite well. Jagielka and Distin, were on the whole very good.

Their second goal, the crosser was a metre offside. Can't be too harsh on Beckford, bit gutted, but was a decent run and with a bit of adrenalin its easy to get a bit too much purchase on a last minute chance.

Someone speaking sense. Fair assesment Ridge, at least we walk away with a point.

IMO - That is two games now where when the subs have been made (namely Yak and Beckford), we've pressed so much better and created chances. BUT... two games in a row where these subs should have been made maybe 10 minutes earleir than they were.

November 23, 2010, 04:23:01 AM
Reply #9

Mahoney

Two games in a row where at least two of those three should have started you mean. 

Yes and that too.

November 23, 2010, 04:27:38 AM
Reply #10

Mahoney

lolol at radio merseyside, which world cup final was heitinga in, a subooteo final

Two words.... Cash In