November 23, 2017, 02:35:04 AM

Author Topic: Everton V West Brom  (Read 29841 times)

November 24, 2010, 05:06:52 AM
Read 29841 times

Gash

Global Moderator
So what's everyone's thoughts on this one?

November looked a decent month fixturewise, but we're making a bit of a mess of it at the moment.

Two changes for me. Saha out for Yak and Rodwell in for Hetinga.

2-0 for us.

I was going to come down for this, but I can't get any other bugger to come down, I might have come down on my own but that could be weather dependant.  :headbang:

November 24, 2010, 06:27:37 AM
Reply #1

Mahoney

Like you Gash, I would drop Heitinga and Saha. Definitely the Yak for Saha, but I'm undecided on what do with Heitinga's place.

It pains me to say it (purely because it feels like this is a backward step), but I wonder if Hibbert should drop back into the RB role and Neville in as a DM?

I know what I'd like to see though and that is Rodwell next to Arteta (as you have shown preference for). I think Heitinga's days are numbered as a DM especially when Fellaini comes back against Chelsea.

This to me is huge game (as always!!). If we can't get a goal(s) against WBA at home and keep a clean sheet, I'll be bloody annoyed. I would like to think we can win this with a solid performance and a 2 goal margin.  
It's getting pretty serious.

November 24, 2010, 06:56:00 AM
Reply #2

Sprooly

if Saha starts i will be shocked, I do think that Rodwell will start this game instead of Heitinga and Anchiebe could come onto the bench
we will win 2-0

November 24, 2010, 07:16:45 PM
Reply #3

Fynci

Totally agree with you Gash.

Heitinga is a central defender who is being asked to play in centre midfield..... yes, he can play that position, but so can Jagielka, and we all know how that went when he played there!

Basically if Heitinga is not in the picture to be alongside Jags, then I think we should cash in in January - his attitude isn't great, and he doesn't perform in the position he is being asked to play.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

November 24, 2010, 10:12:58 PM
Reply #4

DannyR

The changes i would like to see are.
Saha for Beckford
Heitinga for Rodwell

I would also like to see Gueye come on the pitch.
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

November 24, 2010, 10:16:09 PM
Reply #5

Alex

I'd like to see a central midfield of Arteta and Cahill, then Beckford and Yakubu up top. RM is a toss up and I think we'll see Coleman start but Vic there at some point. Neville is a strong enough defender that Vic playing a bit further up isn't too much of a problem so if we do need more of an attacking edge...

Basically how we finished against Sunderland but with Vic on instead of Rodwell.

November 24, 2010, 11:51:21 PM
Reply #6

gemine69

The changes i would like to see are.
Saha for Beckford
Heitinga for Rodwell

I would also like to see Gueye come on the pitch.

Spot on for me too.  Becks needs to start more often and show us what he can do from the start, and Rodwell for Heitinga is a no brainer.
Don't think, feel.  It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.  Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the Heavenly Glory - Bruce Lee

November 25, 2010, 01:57:47 AM
Reply #7

Stumpy

Yak for saha
Rodwell for hietinger
I'm going 3-1
Also if with 20-30 mins left if we are a few goals up i'd like to see vic come on and coleman drop back to rb to see how they link up.

November 25, 2010, 04:13:24 AM
Reply #8

MmmBlueRamirez

8-0

Hibbo in for Heitinga. Neville to hold mickys hand in CM. Yak for Saha.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 25, 2010, 05:02:16 AM
Reply #9

RICH

Got to go for 4-0 we are due to give someone a beating

November 25, 2010, 03:05:13 PM
Reply #10

Derek

A nice attacking formation. Saha left on the bench. Score early and try to embarrass them. That's what we need.

Looking forward to it, but similarly worried we'll cough and splutter as we are want to do against teams like West Brom at home!
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

November 25, 2010, 05:24:53 PM
Reply #11

marky v

Howard, Neville, Jags, Distin, Baines, Coleman, Rodwell, Arteta, Pienaar, Yakubu, Beckford

Cahill and Anichebe for Coleman and Arteta off the bench for the last 20 no matter how the games going,

time to try something new, but i think more than likley we'll get either the same side as the sunderland game or the one change being hibbert

November 25, 2010, 07:22:28 PM
Reply #12

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Howard, Neville, Jags, Distin, Baines, Coleman, Rodwell, Arteta, Pienaar, Yakubu, Beckford

Cahill and Anichebe for Coleman and Arteta off the bench for the last 20 no matter how the games going,

time to try something new, but i think more than likley we'll get either the same side as the sunderland game or the one change being hibbert

No-one is ever going to drop the only player who consistently looks like scoring, it wuold be a suicidal decision were it not to work out.

Cahill isn't the problem. It's the player in front of him and the 2 directly behind him.

If 2 out of those 3 positions (it's irrelevant who the players are) can improve significantly then we should win comfortably. If not,then it's likely to be more of the same.

I'd like to see the Yak back in for Saha and Rodwell in for Heitinga.

I'd let Arteta stay deep to dictate play and I'd ask Rodwell to be his legs for him as Arteta is either injured or playing with lead in his boots at present.

November 25, 2010, 08:11:00 PM
Reply #13

cantoffee

How can people drop Cahill? Mind-bottling.

November 25, 2010, 10:59:25 PM
Reply #14

marky v

Like i said maybe try something new Cahill is a good player who works his bollocks off and has a goal in him most of the time but its WBA at home, if were ever going to see Yak and Beckford upfront in a league game this should be the type to try it in,

most accept saha and cahill doesn't work so why would we not give this a try, is the only options upfront for everton cahill + 1 from saha, yak or beckford if so your too short sighted,

if the problems are elsewhere do you see Arteta being dropped anytime soon?