November 18, 2017, 04:00:50 PM

Poll

How many players will we sign on deadline day?

43 (31.4%)
45 (32.8%)
35 (25.5%)
12 (8.8%)
4+
2 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Voting closed: February 01, 2017, 04:45:09 AM

Author Topic: The January 2017 Deadline Day thread  (Read 16548 times)

January 31, 2017, 05:16:21 AM
Reply #15

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon Keane in and maybe an attacking player.

Good to know at least no one good will be leaving

famous last words
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 31, 2017, 05:17:29 AM
Reply #16

KoemansNumberTens

I went for 3 but I wouldn't be surprised it if was 5 or 6 including the u23s. Think we'll get 3 first teamers and spend 50m (Christ I'm gonna be disappointed aren't I)

January 31, 2017, 05:20:39 AM
Reply #17

Rhys

I'm going with 0. Things can change quickly of course but there arent enough solid links to be confident of a few anyway in my opinion.

I'm with MLT on Keane I just cant see them selling. Yes they should be ok, but a bad run and lets be honest thats possible given theyve only got 1 away point all season, and they could be facing a relegation battle where staying up is worth 5 times as much as they'd get for Keane. We might want him, we might be willing to pay what they'd ask, he might be saying he wants the move but one deadline day with no time to replace properly I cant see the logic in them selling.

Its more likely they'll say to him you cant go now, help us stay up and you can have the move in the summer and might even be for less money than it would be if it was tomorrow.

January 31, 2017, 05:21:06 AM
Reply #18

BlueBeagle

0 tbh although fingers crossed seeing as we've got a load of turd off the books this month

January 31, 2017, 05:21:56 AM
Reply #19

hill135

Is Michael Keane good?

Genuine question I wouldn't watch Burnley with a gun to my head

January 31, 2017, 05:23:38 AM
Reply #20

TSGun

Possibly as many as three. One in the very least.

January 31, 2017, 05:24:39 AM
Reply #21

KoemansNumberTens

Is Michael Keane good?

I live in Burnley. They seem to love him. Raved about him all season.

January 31, 2017, 05:28:03 AM
Reply #22

spicerman

No senior players, 1 u23 player
Twitter: @spicerman71
Xbox one: spicerman

January 31, 2017, 05:33:06 AM
Reply #23

Rhys

Is Michael Keane good?

My concern is the type of team he plays in is very very defensive. I've not paid attention to him so dont really know what he does and doesnt do well. But he is in a team who accepts they'll have 25% possession in any game, bar when they play west brom, and get a solid 4 and 4 unit in front of the keeper. They play deep so if he lacks pace it wont be exposed and in their home games at least the defence gets a lot of protection in front of them.

It's completely different going into a different setup. Always been my view that John Terry was world class in the type of defence that is protected and he gets to defend the area but playing for managers who didnt protect him so well his weaknesses came out. My worry would be if Keane has only shown up well in that type of team how would he transition to a different setup?

January 31, 2017, 05:41:01 AM
Reply #24

toffee_scot

Not going to get my hopes up too much after the last transfer deadline day farce. I expect we'll bring in a U23 player, but regarding links for first team players they seem to be tenuous, but then last time the Valencia deal was unexpected (as well as underwhelming).

We may hear more about possible outgoings - I expect Jags, McCarthy and Kone to be mentioned, possibly even a late bid for Lennon. Pennington to go out on loan.

January 31, 2017, 05:50:44 AM
Reply #25

Thornton_19

I think 4, 2 first teamers a youngster and one absolute random wildcard.

January 31, 2017, 05:52:06 AM
Reply #26

Tony Clifton

I'm going with 0. Things can change quickly of course but there arent enough solid links to be confident of a few anyway in my opinion.

I'm with MLT on Keane I just cant see them selling. Yes they should be ok, but a bad run and lets be honest thats possible given theyve only got 1 away point all season, and they could be facing a relegation battle where staying up is worth 5 times as much as they'd get for Keane. We might want him, we might be willing to pay what they'd ask, he might be saying he wants the move but one deadline day with no time to replace properly I cant see the logic in them selling.

Its more likely they'll say to him you cant go now, help us stay up and you can have the move in the summer and might even be for less money than it would be if it was tomorrow.

I read that in Jim White's voice, out loud.  Getting some funny looks from the dog now.

Anway, not sure about Keane, but can see us paying a little "over the odds" for at least one.

January 31, 2017, 05:58:02 AM
Reply #27

bluestevie

I think we might see a case like the 2012 January Deadline Day where the main focus was getting the Jelavic deal over the line, nothing else linked then post City game we find out that Pienaar was coming home from Spurs

This time round I can see Keane being the forefront deal to try and do and then 1, maybe 2 signings coming out of nowhere later in the night (followed up with 3 points in Mutant Country tomorrow night)
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

January 31, 2017, 06:30:29 AM
Reply #28

Outworlder47

I think we might see a case like the 2012 January Deadline Day where the main focus was getting the Jelavic deal over the line, nothing else linked then post City game we find out that Pienaar was coming home from Spurs

This time round I can see Keane being the forefront deal to try and do and then 1, maybe 2 signings coming out of nowhere later in the night (followed up with 3 points in Mutant Country tomorrow night)

Wouldn't be surprised at Keane, the young keeper from Sheffield United, and an attacking player (on loan w/ option to buy, maybe?) that we haven't really been linked to. Maybe Kone is sold, too.

January 31, 2017, 06:57:54 AM
Reply #29

Ross

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.