October 19, 2019, 05:16:00 AM

Author Topic: Cenk Tosun  (Read 12991 times)

October 15, 2019, 04:15:38 PM
Reply #180

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
St Pauli released a Turkish defender over this shit because their fans were so upset, great move

Not defending the salute by any stretch of the imagination, no place for this type of thing in sport but just for the record the St.Pauli guy was not dismissed for the salute  he was dismissed for tweeting ďwishing our brave Turkish army great success in SyriaĒ or similar.

October 15, 2019, 04:33:07 PM
Reply #181

Shogun

Administrator
Didnít score against France, Turkey mustnít have played to his strengths that game.

October 15, 2019, 05:02:45 PM
Reply #182

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
They didn't play him....... Till 9 mins to go
Didn't score against France, Turkey mustn't have played to his strengths that game.
Simply simply lovely

October 15, 2019, 05:08:20 PM
Reply #183

dazfrancis

It's pretty difficult to be a public vocal critic of the Erdogan machine.

NBA player Enes Kanter is very critical of Erdogan and who's father is an academic and critic of Erdogan can't go back to Turkey and is on the end of kidnapping attempts

https://mobile.twitter.com/EnesKanter/status/1183949336901816326

Not making excuses for Tosun, I'm not aware of what kind of pressure the football team is under to do these salutes and stuff

October 15, 2019, 07:30:03 PM
Reply #184

kramer0

Why would we play to the strengths of someone who can't get away from his marker without being offside?

October 16, 2019, 04:44:06 AM
Reply #185

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Those who donít say this guy is shite should be banned from the forum.

October 16, 2019, 04:59:19 AM
Reply #186

Lxxx

Heís not shite.

October 16, 2019, 05:07:04 AM
Reply #187

Thornton_19

St Pauli released a Turkish defender over this shit because their fans were so upset, great move
He was an attacking midfielder and it was for showing support for the Turkish military on Instagram.
It was as they put it for supporting war which is not in line with the club ethos, they said they

'we cannot and should not attempt to gauge nuances in perceptions and attitudes from other cultural backgrounds in detail. That we reject acts of war is not open to doubt or discussion, however. These acts, and the expression of solidarity with them, run counter to the values of the club.'

St. Pauli havent released him they have said he is free to train with whoever he likes but he wont play again for the club. I believe they are still paying him.

October 16, 2019, 05:18:18 AM
Reply #188

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

October 16, 2019, 05:23:22 AM
Reply #189

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
People like to pretend this fella has something to offer as another stick to beat the manager with.

Heís done. Only here because he wants to sit on his contract and I donít begrudge him that but donít fall for the fighting for his place rubbish.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 16, 2019, 05:28:40 AM
Reply #190

Seahawk

Today I came back home to my Mrs and little one from work rotation in Iraq.
I flew, as normal from Basra via Istanbul to Manchester.
In Istabul, the tv screens were full of the  Turkey International FC saluting the army (syria).
Maybe it is expected and demanded.

It maybe even impossible for the players not to comply, if your country is making demands.
But I doubt it.
Been there.
Seen it.
He was more than proud to do it.

Fuck him off now.

Sent from my SM-G610F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

I only drink 2 times a year.  When it's my birthday and when it's not.

October 18, 2019, 08:41:29 PM
Reply #191

Evertonian in NC

Today I came back home to my Mrs and little one from work rotation in Iraq.
I flew, as normal from Basra via Istanbul to Manchester.
In Istabul, the tv screens were full of the  Turkey International FC saluting the army (syria).
Maybe it is expected and demanded.

It maybe even impossible for the players not to comply, if your country is making demands.
But I doubt it.
Been there.
Seen it.
He was more than proud to do it.

Fuck him off now.

And now he's "hurt" - hmmm
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin