April 19, 2019, 05:17:05 PM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 115452 times)

April 16, 2019, 02:57:21 AM
Reply #1215

Robbie Moubert

Champions!

April 16, 2019, 03:02:10 AM
Reply #1216

Alanvideo

We are special ,we are Everton.

April 16, 2019, 03:17:15 AM
Reply #1217

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Gibson very very good.

Bowler good but in and out the game.

Looked like a 442 with a big man up top. Didn't think much of the football we played but some good individual players.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 16, 2019, 04:05:19 AM
Reply #1218

Macca77

April 16, 2019, 04:10:11 AM
Reply #1219

toshyboy

Just doesn't work does it

https://twitter.com/Adam_Jones94/status/1117850605299486720

Never thought z cars does either though to be fair for the u23 games

April 16, 2019, 04:47:31 AM
Reply #1220

gizzblue

Hard for it to work with a 2 1/3rds empty stadium .....but they won both game and league ...and aside a real shit peno never looked to hassled. me and the grandkids loved it and the staff give the kids clappers so they felt spoiled ....well done to the lads and all for making it a good night .
Born not made a blue .

April 16, 2019, 04:52:50 AM
Reply #1221

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Whos making it into the first team out of this lot then?

Im proper out of touch with this crop of youngsters.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 16, 2019, 04:54:40 AM
Reply #1222

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Whos making it into the first team out of this lot then?

Im proper out of touch with this crop of youngsters.

Gibson was very impressive mate. Gave the pen away but I won't be surprised to see him playing real football very soon.

Modern Cb; physically imposing, headers, blocks, bollocking people, but also very very comfortable bringing the ball out and breaking lines dribbling.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 16, 2019, 04:58:39 AM
Reply #1223

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Gibson was very impressive mate. Gave the pen away but I won't be surprised to see him playing real football very soon.

Modern Cb; physically imposing, headers, blocks, bollocking people, but also very very comfortable bringing the ball out and breaking lines dribbling.

Hes with the first team here. Seem to be making an effort to make sure you know hes with the first team.

Can go left back as well cant he?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 16, 2019, 05:04:35 AM
Reply #1224

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Who's making it into the first team out of this lot then?

I'm proper out of touch with this crop of youngsters.
I'd be surprised to see any tbh. The gulf is massive nowadays
Winning these things are great but they mean little tbh
Simply simply lovely

April 16, 2019, 05:18:36 AM
Reply #1225

gizzblue

I'd be surprised to see any tbh. The gulf is massive nowadays
Winning these things are great but they mean little tbh

Meant an awful lot to the team and all that were there .
Born not made a blue .

April 16, 2019, 02:06:11 PM
Reply #1226

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Hes with the first team here. Seem to be making an effort to make sure you know hes with the first team.

Not sure re LB, he is left sided and looks quite quick with the ball at his feet but never really seen him before last night.

Foulds came on around the 72nd minute and Galloway shuffled across to make a 5 at the back to help see out the game. Foulds looked good as well.

Feeney didn't put a foot wrong and dived in the park end after the final whistle which was good stuff, but he looks small. Deceptively quick tho.

I think Brands will be looking to move unsworth and co on soon. It was like watching Cardiff, but the individual quality was as good or better than their opponents rather than worse. They should be playing something that remotely represents what the first team are doing I think.

Hornby and Sambou won't see prem football. Bowler and Gibson should go the champ next year hopefully.

April 16, 2019, 02:22:33 PM
Reply #1227

Hawkandro

You will imagine Brands will want the U23s to echo what the first team do; tactics, formation, how they play etc.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

April 16, 2019, 02:46:21 PM
Reply #1228

Makis

Isn't Sambou's contract running out anyways?

Does the youth teams have the players to play in the same style as what Silva wants, i.e. 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1? Do they have the right type of wide forwards?

And yeah, the gulf is massive. Remember we have several under 23 players in the first squad (DCL, Davies, Lookman, Kenny, Richarlison. Imagine how they would dominate at this level. I would imagine the lads that have been on load to Championship have a much better chance. I.e. Connolly, Williams, Robinson, Holgate) and at best they will most likely be in the periphery.  If there was no transfer budget then I cold see some of the promoted to the subs bench.

April 16, 2019, 03:59:31 PM
Reply #1229

Hesmenos

He's got a year left on his contract and he's highly rated so there will be other teams having a sniff. Having him train with the first team is a good way to show him that he has a future with us. Ideally you want him to sign an extension and get him on loan to a good championship team next season.