November 17, 2018, 03:13:38 PM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 92854 times)

February 07, 2018, 12:21:15 AM
Reply #45

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Iíd like to see us go three at the back before the end of the season with Williams, Mangala and Mori. Wouldnít miss that for the world.

Big Sam would get hauled in for match fixing.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 08, 2018, 04:22:16 PM
Reply #46

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Lashed a bit of cash on him to go as I was sure he’d be looking for a chance to prove himself after this season, apparently not.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 09, 2018, 01:58:16 PM
Reply #47

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Oxford are a well run club with a decent budget for that level, by all accounts. Wouldíve been a great opportunity. Iím sure how much more he can learn managing kids who are eager to impress him. He needs to manage a dressing room of senior professionals and all the dynamics that are involved.

Very disappointed.

Although I did see a rumour on oxford twitter that said ledson canít stand him, and handed a transfer request in when he heard Unsworth was wanted, so maybe their board have flapped it at that.

February 21, 2018, 04:21:11 PM
Reply #48

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Dowell panned again

February 23, 2018, 01:50:06 PM
Reply #49

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The second half of this season was always going to tell us where he was in his development. Tough for a kid to keep up decent form for a full season in their first year.

Yeah, dips happen at that age (any age I suppose). Heíd get fucking mullered if he was playing for us and disappeared though. Too much burscough not enough, er, bootle?

Re holgate : wonder how he feels the clubs has treated him. Hope the club have stood by him and all that but a bit worried tbh. I like the look of him as a player.

March 06, 2018, 01:32:21 AM
Reply #50

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Could do with a klaassen masterclass to begin the comeback couldnít we really.

March 06, 2018, 02:23:11 AM
Reply #51

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
cant find a team sheet.. lol

the number 5 is Morgan Feeney?

Nah heís injured, itís a fella with a Greek sounding name I think

March 06, 2018, 02:52:10 AM
Reply #52

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
How did Davy play?

Only saw the first half, but he was fairly tidy and fairly anonymous in equal measures.

March 08, 2018, 10:48:26 PM
Reply #53

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
U-18s my guesses

Mampala
Duke-McKenna
Baxter
Ouzounidis

March 08, 2018, 11:09:42 PM
Reply #54

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
How old is hornby

Shit thereís note pages here.. Alex Denny, Anthony Gordon and hornby are all 18s as well...

Doesnít make sense this, these are supposed to be a good generation and are near the top of their league?

March 09, 2018, 12:53:30 AM
Reply #55

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Weíre clearly developing a team that could stand on its own two feet in prem.

In 1992

March 29, 2018, 01:37:49 AM
Reply #56

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What position roughly does he play @Everton Mint

April 08, 2018, 08:52:59 PM
Reply #57

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The DCL chance fairly typical of what Iíve been saying about him for a while.

Did brilliantly when he came on, but when he gets a chance to finish the game he tries to finesse it into the side netting when really he should just make sure and bury it.

I donít think heís a bad finisher - I think heís affected heavily by overthinking his decisions in game. Not instinctual, every finish looks training ground to me, rather than a hungry reflex.

Hopefully will improve with guidance but will be a real sign of lack of progress if our options up top next year are as weak as they have been this year.

April 08, 2018, 11:52:14 PM
Reply #58

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
There's only so much young players can improve without playing.

This is why, despite uncertainty about how good they can actually be, I'd have had Holgate, Davies, and Calvert-Lewin playing as many minutes as possible in the second half of this season. Those three rarely look out of place when called into action against senior pros. I think you need to invest minutes in young players like that, especially when you're not competing for anything. That's a big part of how you find the Kanes, Allis, and Rashfords of the world.

I agree. Nothing to be gained by wasting minutes on finished players.

Do not agree with @Confucius - heís scored this year so thatís not literally true is it. Itís definitely a gap in his game but itís nothing to write him off over just yet.

April 10, 2018, 04:27:58 AM
Reply #59

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Lies, damned lies and statistics.

Heís had a solid season in what has been an absolute mess of a season in years.

Personally think heíll become a really good player under an ambitious manager.

Tall, fast, good technique.

I think heíll be absolutely fine, with a slim chance of being very good.