October 18, 2019, 05:54:07 PM

Author Topic: 2018/2022 bids  (Read 11921 times)

December 01, 2010, 07:31:51 PM
Read 11921 times

Sprooly

Aussies just did there final presentation in which Elle Macpherson was the special guest while tim cahill was also in appearance

I really do think england will get 2018 even with that bbc program going to air the other night but 2022 seems a lot closer you would think its a straight fight between us and us (of a) but im hearing alot about the Qatar bid and we have lost a the Oceania bid which would of been  for us, it would be terrible imo if Qatar wins the right to host 2022

whats your thoughts

December 01, 2010, 09:35:13 PM
Reply #1

jmag85

Aussies just did there final presentation in which Elle Macpherson was the special guest while tim cahill was also in appearance

I really do think england will get 2018 even with that bbc program going to air the other night but 2022 seems a lot closer you would think its a straight fight between us and us (of a) but im hearing alot about the Qatar bid and we have lost a the Oceania bid which would of been  for us, it would be terrible imo if Qatar wins the right to host 2022

whats your thoughts

I doubt England will get it 2018 with the mdeia exposure. Also as good as the '94 World Cup was i think it's too soon to have it there, Australia would be good. But that's just my opinion, if it was in USA it'd still be good!!

December 01, 2010, 11:27:25 PM
Reply #2

fast lane

For me Russia are the favourites for 2018. Money plays no role, well that's handy with FIFA being as corrupt as it is.
Plus they have never organized either the World Cup and the Euros, which is a legitimate plus.
My country, together with Belgium, are no more than outsiders in my estimation, despite trying to establish an orange party atmosphere today.
A lot of people here don't even want it, with FIFA pocketing all the (tax-free!) profits..

As for 2022, all the countries have organized it except for Australia.
Well and Qatar too, if you can take that bid seriously with the summer heat taken into consideration.
I've followed this one less, so can't say more than that.

Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 02, 2010, 12:11:34 AM
Reply #3

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
A World cup anywhere will be awesome. Qatar, Australia, Russia, Spain. The US would be great too, I could fly from home for games.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 02, 2010, 04:29:40 PM
Reply #4

nomorechang

RIP
Just watching the England Presentaton now , I must say from what I've seen it's impressive , very professional
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 02, 2010, 04:38:21 PM
Reply #5

blob

Just watching the England Presentaton now , I must say from what I've seen it's impressive , very professional

you reckon?

i thought it was one of the most disingenuous and manipulating presentations that i've ever seen.

i suppose that's the means-to-an-end way of doing things these days though.

December 02, 2010, 04:42:50 PM
Reply #6

Sprooly

what a presenation by england! sooooooooo much better then our one

December 02, 2010, 04:56:20 PM
Reply #7

nomorechang

RIP
you reckon?

i thought it was one of the most disingenuous and manipulating presentations that i've ever seen.

i suppose that's the means-to-an-end way of doing things these days though.

it was put together with one aim in mind , after watching it I'm actually thinking it may have done the job
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 02, 2010, 05:45:15 PM
Reply #8

Sres

For me the downside of the Russian bid is that nothing is built, do they want to go through another South Africa, even Brazil is going to struggle to build the stadia before their go at hosting.

England bid was impressive, I though the fella from the Man City Programme was talking with his heart, he was genuine in my book.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we are not going to win 2018, but I also don't think it will be the Russian bid either.  My money is on the Iberian package.  The only question is, can they afford it?

December 02, 2010, 05:51:49 PM
Reply #9

blob

For me the downside of the Russian bid is that nothing is built, do they want to go through another South Africa, even Brazil is going to struggle to build the stadia before their go at hosting.

England bid was impressive, I though the fella from the Man City Programme was talking with his heart, he was genuine in my book.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we are not going to win 2018, but I also don't think it will be the Russian bid either.  My money is on the Iberian package.  The only question is, can they afford it?

it will be a surprise if the iberians win.

they (spain) have recently hosted the competition (1982)

< i knew i'd get there in the end :) >

putin set to fly to zurich if the russians win.

His henchmen are stuffing swiss francs/dollars/euros/gold into his baggage as we speak.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 07:24:23 PM by blob »

December 02, 2010, 07:41:27 PM
Reply #10

Robioto

I'll be honest I haven't really watched the presentation but my instinct tells me that we (England) won't get the World Cup. I think Russia will and if we don't I'll be gutted, I have very fond memories of Euro '96 and I'd love to have that again.

December 02, 2010, 08:24:47 PM
Reply #11

Jamokachi

I think 2022 in Qatar would be amazing, hope they get it.

As for 2018, according to the radio it's a two horse race between England and the Iberian package, with England being favourites after the presentations. I hope England do get it, would be nice to be able to go to a few games.

December 02, 2010, 08:36:35 PM
Reply #12

Thom

Administrator
I've got a sneaky feeling that England might have snatched this in the last 24 hours.

December 02, 2010, 09:26:50 PM
Reply #13

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
ssn say england go out at first round!!!
Simply simply lovely

December 02, 2010, 09:27:17 PM
Reply #14

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
SSN say Russia have won 2018, qatar 2022

ARSE
Simply simply lovely