October 20, 2019, 04:27:30 PM

Author Topic: 2018/2022 bids  (Read 11927 times)

December 02, 2010, 10:42:08 PM
Reply #45

Sres

Футбол не собирается домой

December 02, 2010, 10:53:57 PM
Reply #46

Ridge

They are waiting for a few hours for Putin to turn up, to explain what they did that helped them win.

December 02, 2010, 11:08:47 PM
Reply #47

Ridge

2 votes and one of them was the English bloke! We were bottom of the bids.

Another interesting thing of the nations bidding, is the press freedom index rating. It could be they are trying to be more inclusive rather than exclusive.

Netherlands (3)/Belgium (14)
Japan (12)
Australia (18)
England (19 as part of UK)
USA (20)
Spain (39)/Portugal (40)
South Korea (42)
Qatar (120)
Russia (140)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:18:34 PM by Ridge »

December 02, 2010, 11:36:19 PM
Reply #48

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Hope the Media are happy.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 02, 2010, 11:37:34 PM
Reply #49

evertonjoe

Hope the Media are happy.

Yes I'm sure it was the media's fault and not the massive bribes paid by Russia and Qatar.

R.A.P Music

December 02, 2010, 11:39:20 PM
Reply #50

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
1st Round:  Netherlands/Belgium got 4 votes. 2nd Round: Netherlands/Belgium only get 2 votes. Think 2 voters wanted us out and voted tactically

December 02, 2010, 11:43:04 PM
Reply #51

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Yes I'm sure it was the media's fault and not the massive bribes paid by Russia and Qatar.

They sure as hell didn't help.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 02, 2010, 11:48:28 PM
Reply #52

evertonjoe

They sure as hell didn't help.

It's not the media's job to unquestionably support the bid they have a duty to remain impartial and report things such as corruption scandals.

R.A.P Music

December 02, 2010, 11:49:10 PM
Reply #53

Gumpinio

How dare the free press report on a corruption story which has the public interest?
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

December 02, 2010, 11:59:35 PM
Reply #54

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
You lot are moaning whingers. Typical English. not good enough so it is everyone's fault but your own. Look inwards.
Russia will be outstanding. Qatar will probably be the best World Cup ever. The stadia and transport to and from games will be ace. i couldn't care less about Israel and what it means to them. If they stop harassing and threatening(or murdering) their neighbours they would have nothing to worry about.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 03, 2010, 12:06:33 AM
Reply #55

blob

You lot are moaning whingers. Typical English. not good enough so it is everyone's fault but your own. Look inwards.
Russia will be outstanding. Qatar will probably be the best World Cup ever. The stadia and transport to and from games will be ace. i couldn't care less about Israel and what it means to them. If they stop harassing and threatening(or murdering) their neighbours they would have nothing to worry about.

'looking inward' like a true muslim

prick

December 03, 2010, 12:16:11 AM
Reply #56

evertonjoe

What about, as Gumpinio says, the exclusion of women and LGBT?

Or the fact that the Qatar team is terrible and shows little prospect of improving plus the fact that the tiny population will ensure very small level of home support.

Australia and the US would have been better hosts as they already have the infrastructure and none of the social problems associated with Qatar.

Similarly it would have been good to see the 2018 World Cup go to a place without such a pervasive level of racism and organized crime. In that respect either England or the Iberian bid would have been preferable especially as both already have the infrastructure already.

R.A.P Music

December 03, 2010, 12:18:25 AM
Reply #57

irishtoffee

i have to say i think its a joke that england have been overlooked here. at best it'll have been 60years since the home of football will have held the main competition. fair enough maybe russia but qatar is a ridiculous choice. here are some of the highlights of qatar
On February 24, 2010, Qatar and Iran signed a defense co-operation agreement in which the two countries stressed the need to expand their defense cooperation.
Iran and Qatar will exchange specialized and technical committees
expand cooperation in training
conduct joint campaigns against terrorism and insecurity in the region
March 10, 2010. Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani has given his support to Iranís right to nuclear technology, and considers Iranís nuclear project to be for peaceful nuclear energy purposes.

Currently, no rail networks exist in the country. In November 2009, however, the government signed a $26 billion contract with the German company Deutsche Bahn to construct a railroad system over the next 20years.
 average temp in june 41c/106f
The laws of Qatar tolerate alcohol to a certain extent. However, the few bars and nightclubs in Qatar operate only in expensive hotels and clubs, much Distribution Company, the only importer and retailer for alcohol in Qatar. Under Qatar's Sharia, it is illegal to show alcohol or be drunk in public.
sounds like a great spot.

December 03, 2010, 12:18:48 AM
Reply #58

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I'm with Jamo on this one.  It goes without saying that when England are beaten at anything it's never by fair means.  There are always some dastardly foreigners cheating their way past us, even though it's so obvious we're the best at everything. 

Russia will do a good job, and I'm happy that Eastern Europe has got it as it's about time for that.  I would have liked England to win it, but all the way through it's been pretty clear that England didn't have much chance. 

As for Qatar, I'm all for it going to the Middle East, the only region not to have had it.  Qatar have money to get things right, and I'm certain that in the 12 years they've got they'll come up with an acceptable solution to the heat issue.  They seem to have a decent plan anyway.

I remember the uproar when South Africa got 2010, they did alright in the end.

December 03, 2010, 12:23:32 AM
Reply #59

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I'm with Jamo on this one.  It goes without saying that when England are beaten at anything it's never by fair means.  There are always some dastardly foreigners cheating their way past us, even though it's so obvious we're the best at everything. 

Russia will do a good job, and I'm happy that Eastern Europe has got it as it's about time for that.  I would have liked England to win it, but all the way through it's been pretty clear that England didn't have much chance. 

As for Qatar, I'm all for it going to the Middle East, the only region not to have had it.  Qatar have money to get things right, and I'm certain that in the 12 years they've got they'll come up with an acceptable solution to the heat issue.  They seem to have a decent plan anyway.

I remember the uproar when South Africa got 2010, they did alright in the end.

I guess this makes Risky a prick too hey Blob.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...