October 23, 2019, 11:59:50 AM

Author Topic: 2018/2022 bids  (Read 11932 times)

December 03, 2010, 12:26:19 AM
Reply #60

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
'looking inward' like a true muslim

prick

So we should all make sure that whenever we have a world cup or Olympics or any sporting event, we should make sure that tiny Israel is taken into account.
If Israel had bid and won, would their be fears and worries if Iran or Syria qualified. Not from you I suspect. Brainwashed is what you are.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 03, 2010, 12:27:43 AM
Reply #61

Tinga

I'm glad we lost it means the shite don't get a new ground.  :woohoo:

December 03, 2010, 12:28:15 AM
Reply #62

evertonjoe

So we should all make sure that whenever we have a world cup or Olympics or any sporting event, we should make sure that tiny Israel is taken into account.
If Israel had bid and won, would their be fears and worries if Iran or Syria qualified. Not from you I suspect. Brainwashed is what you are.

I'd be of the opinion that no countries who force impositions on who would and would not be allowed to compete in a tournament should not be allowed to host the World Cup.

R.A.P Music

December 03, 2010, 12:31:15 AM
Reply #63

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I'd be of the opinion that no countries who force impositions on who would and would not be allowed to compete in a tournament should not be allowed to host the World Cup.

I'd be genuinely interested to know if the Israel situation has been discussed by FIFA, and what Qatar's position is on the matter.

Maybe I'm too naive but I would like to think that something like this is actually a way of improving relations in the region, if it comes to it.

December 03, 2010, 12:32:54 AM
Reply #64

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

And I would agree on that as long as all countries are treated equally. Most people on here still feel that they superior to the rest of the world. They still believe that only a handful of countries deserve to be hosts of anything and if they ever shall lose, it is because of bribes and corruption. The only thing they should be pissed about is that their government didn't have the money to make this work.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 03, 2010, 12:34:34 AM
Reply #65

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I'd be genuinely interested to know if the Israel situation has been discussed by FIFA, and what Qatar's position is on the matter.

Maybe I'm too naive but I would like to think that something like this is actually a way of improving relations in the region, if it comes to it.

I don't see Israel and Qatar as having bad relations. Syria, Iran and Palestine es. But most other Arab countries accept Israel as a state even if they don't like them much.

December 03, 2010, 12:44:22 AM
Reply #66

kunal32

Russia! If only we knew they were looking for an arctic wasteland with a useless transport system and institutional racism for the World Cup. We could've put in a joint bid with Scotland.

FIFA; Fuckers In Financial Arrangements. Spearheaded by Roman Abramovich.

December 03, 2010, 12:45:07 AM
Reply #67

Gumpinio

On February 24, 2010, Qatar and Iran signed a defense co-operation agreement in which the two countries stressed the need to expand their defense cooperation.
Iran and Qatar will exchange specialized and technical committees
expand cooperation in training
conduct joint campaigns against terrorism and insecurity in the region
March 10, 2010. Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani has given his support to Iranís right to nuclear technology, and considers Iranís nuclear project to be for peaceful nuclear energy purposes.

I don't see how Qatar being friendly with iran is an issue.

As for Qatar, I'm all for it going to the Middle East, the only region not to have had it.  Qatar have money to get things right, and I'm certain that in the 12 years they've got they'll come up with an acceptable solution to the heat issue.  They seem to have a decent plan anyway.

Australasia haven't had a World Cup either.
I fear the heat issue could be huge.  If they can't find a solution to 40-50'C temperatures then how can the players be expected to perform at anything near their best level for 90 minutes.  Personally I wouldn't even want to be sitting in the shade if the air temperature climbed that high, neve rmind running arround!

(Could be worse, atleast as a man I might be able to wear a T shirt, or maybe even shorts!)

As I stated earlier, if any host nation tried to ban a competing nation from attending the World Cup they should be stripped of it, there are nations who have the infrastructure inplace to run a respectable tournament at the drop of a hat.

"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

December 03, 2010, 12:46:06 AM
Reply #68

Gumpinio

Russia! If only we knew they were looking for an arctic wasteland with a useless transport system and institutional racism for the World Cup. We could've put in a joint bid with Scotland.

genuine lol.
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

December 03, 2010, 12:49:02 AM
Reply #69

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I don't see how Qatar being friendly with iran is an issue.

I fear the heat issue could be huge.  If they can't find a solution to 40-50'C temperatures then how can the players be expected to perform at anything near their best level for 90 minutes.  Personally I wouldn't even want to be sitting in the shade if the air temperature climbed that high, neve rmind running arround!

(Could be worse, atleast as a man I might be able to wear a T shirt, or maybe even shorts!)

As I stated earlier, if any host nation tried to ban a competing nation from attending the World Cup they should be stripped of it, there are nations who have the infrastructure inplace to run a respectable tournament at the drop of a hat.

I remember Japan and South Korea having a World cup not so long ago.

Qatar will be building climate controlled stadia so players and spectators won't have a problem. Not having freely available beer in the stadiums will be a god send. Sick of coming home after drunk idiots spilling beer all over the place.
I have no doubt that alcohol will be allowed in stadiums in Qatar. Fifa would not forsake Budweiser.

December 03, 2010, 12:52:53 AM
Reply #70

Gumpinio

I remember Japan and South Korea having a World cup not so long ago.

Qatar will be building climate controlled stadia so players and spectators won't have a problem. Not having freely available beer in the stadiums will be a god send. Sick of coming home after drunk idiots spilling beer all over the place.
I have no doubt that alcohol will be allowed in stadiums in Qatar. Fifa would not forsake Budweiser.

When I was in school Australasia was Australia, New Zealand and New Guinea plus many many small islands.

December 03, 2010, 12:53:14 AM
Reply #71

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Just been reading up and Qatar have made it clear that there would be no issue if Israel qualified.  They already allow Israeli sportsmen and women in for tennis etc.

More importantly, you can booze there.

December 03, 2010, 12:56:48 AM
Reply #72

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

Apologies, I forgot about Australasia, although in comparison it's small in terms of number of countries and population.

I agree, if they can't do something about the heat issue then it's unacceptable.  But obviously their plan must have some validity for FIFA to accept it, there's no way FIFA wants to see players passing out, or fans dying, or anything like that.  Perhaps we should give them a chance to do what they say they're going to do?

As for Israel, see my last post.  If they qualify then they will be there.

December 03, 2010, 12:56:58 AM
Reply #73

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
How dare the free press report on a corruption story which has the public interest?

Could it have not waited until the week following the decision on the bids?

"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 03, 2010, 12:58:22 AM
Reply #74

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
When I was in school Australasia was Australia, New Zealand and New Guinea plus many many small islands.

Last I checked, Australia were not in the Fifa Oceana zone. They part of Asia. Therefore, Asia have had a World Cup.