November 22, 2019, 06:05:31 PM

Author Topic: 2018/2022 bids  (Read 11994 times)

December 03, 2010, 12:18:48 AM
Read 11994 times

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I'm with Jamo on this one.  It goes without saying that when England are beaten at anything it's never by fair means.  There are always some dastardly foreigners cheating their way past us, even though it's so obvious we're the best at everything. 

Russia will do a good job, and I'm happy that Eastern Europe has got it as it's about time for that.  I would have liked England to win it, but all the way through it's been pretty clear that England didn't have much chance. 

As for Qatar, I'm all for it going to the Middle East, the only region not to have had it.  Qatar have money to get things right, and I'm certain that in the 12 years they've got they'll come up with an acceptable solution to the heat issue.  They seem to have a decent plan anyway.

I remember the uproar when South Africa got 2010, they did alright in the end.

December 03, 2010, 12:31:15 AM
Reply #1

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I'd be of the opinion that no countries who force impositions on who would and would not be allowed to compete in a tournament should not be allowed to host the World Cup.

I'd be genuinely interested to know if the Israel situation has been discussed by FIFA, and what Qatar's position is on the matter.

Maybe I'm too naive but I would like to think that something like this is actually a way of improving relations in the region, if it comes to it.

December 03, 2010, 12:53:14 AM
Reply #2

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Just been reading up and Qatar have made it clear that there would be no issue if Israel qualified.  They already allow Israeli sportsmen and women in for tennis etc.

More importantly, you can booze there.

December 03, 2010, 12:56:48 AM
Reply #3

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Australasia haven't had a World Cup either.
I fear the heat issue could be huge.  If they can't find a solution to 40-50'C temperatures then how can the players be expected to perform at anything near their best level for 90 minutes.  Personally I wouldn't even want to be sitting in the shade if the air temperature climbed that high, neve rmind running arround!

(Could be worse, atleast as a man I might be able to wear a T shirt, or maybe even shorts!)

As I stated earlier, if any host nation tried to ban a competing nation from attending the World Cup they should be stripped of it, there are nations who have the infrastructure inplace to run a respectable tournament at the drop of a hat.

Apologies, I forgot about Australasia, although in comparison it's small in terms of number of countries and population.

I agree, if they can't do something about the heat issue then it's unacceptable.  But obviously their plan must have some validity for FIFA to accept it, there's no way FIFA wants to see players passing out, or fans dying, or anything like that.  Perhaps we should give them a chance to do what they say they're going to do?

As for Israel, see my last post.  If they qualify then they will be there.

December 03, 2010, 01:00:17 AM
Reply #4

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Could it have not waited until the week following the decision on the bids?

Really?  Do you not think that would look like laughable sour grapes in the even of England as expected losing?

It would have been hypocritical in any case to not report what they'd discovered.  If we're saying that FIFA is fundamentally corrupt, which is what a lot of people believe, then why should we play a part in it like that?

December 03, 2010, 01:24:18 AM
Reply #5

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Qatar = No Sex, No Drinking, No showing skin, No kissing, No holding hands, Stoning to death.

Perfect for a world cup! :shakeyheadman:

Always good to see a bit of uninformed hysteria on here from time to time.

December 03, 2010, 01:40:59 AM
Reply #6

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

ENGLAND 2018
Great Facilities. Huh?

December 04, 2010, 12:47:43 AM
Reply #7

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
The whole thing absolutely fucking stinks.

It was as clear as crystal that the english bid was the pick of the options in terms of infrastructure and opportunity to turn a profit.

FIFA are a bunch of shysters and it's perfectly clear how they came to the decision to award the competitions to a country run by crooks and a bunch of arabs who think it's acceptable to stone people to death for adultery.

There ought to be a set of clearly defined criteria that countries provide data on in terms of there ability to provide the most suitable tournament, not an opportunity for 22 wankers to have their palms greased by the bidding nations. It does nothing but provide opportunity for corruption, back handers and nudges and winks

Isn't that Iran?

December 04, 2010, 01:09:50 AM
Reply #8

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Thats pretty much any Muslim state that has Shariah law.

Do they have stonings in Qatar?