November 20, 2017, 10:21:44 AM

Author Topic: Leave Bill Kenwright alone.  (Read 6425 times)

December 14, 2009, 06:45:38 PM
Reply #15

montanatoffeefan

Looking at the shambles Liverpool and portsmouth are going through with their ownership and debt problems, why dont we count ourselves lucky that Kenwright cares about the club even though we def need some kind of investment.

Also what are Robert Earls and Sir Phillip Carters rolls at club, in other words who really runs the fuckin ship , is the chairman more powerful than the life president, whatever that means, can someone clear up my confusion cheers

Or Chelsea, ManU, Man Citeh or Villa. Ha, ha, ha. What shambles they have become under new owners.

The idea that Bill Kenwright truly cares about Everton (more than his own ego and lies) should have become laughable to even our most casual fans by now.

Those  who come on here to say no one will buy Everton just inadvertently add more items to the already long list of why BK is such a crappy owner. If the club is in such bad shape that no one would take it on during an era when numerous clubs have been bought, it would implicate BK even further. It means he's mismanaged the club into an unbuyable state.

Everton forever.

deCoubertin

December 14, 2009, 08:44:13 PM
Reply #16

Билялетдинов

for liverpool and portsmouth, i put forward man city, tottenham and (to an extent) sunderland.

December 14, 2009, 09:44:01 PM
Reply #17

Sharky

seeing as Si knows the board alot, i remember seeing somewhere Lord Granchester (something like that i dunno, Lord someone) was like the 11th richest man in football, and isnt he linked with the club somewhere?

Also id rather have Blue Bill with the intrests of the club at heart (even if it doesnt always seem that way to the fans)

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

December 14, 2009, 10:27:42 PM
Reply #18

sharpattack

Bill is OK in my book
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 14, 2009, 10:39:18 PM
Reply #19

montanatoffeefan

Bill is OK in my book

What book is that: Mediocre Case Scenario? Gone with the Windy? A Streetcar Named Lack of Ambition? Hammy-let?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 10:43:41 PM by montanatoffeefan »
Everton forever.

December 14, 2009, 10:44:40 PM
Reply #20

Jamokachi

Bill is OK in my book

Mediocrity seems to be your cup of tea.

December 14, 2009, 11:20:24 PM
Reply #21

MmmBlueRamirez

What book is that: Mediocre Case Scenario? Gone with the Windy? A Streetcar Named Lack of Ambition? Hammy-let?

No, Harry Potter and the Halfwit Chairman
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 14, 2009, 11:20:42 PM
Reply #22

fast lane

Bill is OK in my book

So was George W. Bush, so thats not saying a lot.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 15, 2009, 01:20:10 AM
Reply #23

rozzie22

not sticking up for BK, but you cant say that Rafa is to blame for the financial shortcomings of liverpool.
The buck always ends up with the money men (the board, the accountants).
I used to work for Gcap who had to sell out to global due to a giant cashflow and debt issue. this wasnt the radio presenters fault or the production crew, this was the fault of the big brass.

as for NTL, the money was actually obtained by BK (as stated on this forum in the past, as well as toffeetalk) but the company well belly up within weeks, making the cheque worthless.

question for the forum...which club do you think is the best run in the world?
chelsea? barca? Spurs?

December 15, 2009, 01:28:26 AM
Reply #24

Flusky

Citing Tottenham or City as examples of a good board is just a joke.

Spurs have spent about 30million every season for the last 5 years and have nothing to show for it.

City spent over 200 million, 50million of which was on Defenders and they still conceded three against Bolton.

December 15, 2009, 01:38:55 AM
Reply #25

rozzie22

how do you know that Si?
just out of interest

as for us being a creditor, you are correct. but considering they, i think im right in saying, had universal debts of roughly $20 billion, we would have received very little, if anything at all, out of the bankrupcy hearing.

as for well ran teams, i would have thought barca was right up there. excellent local links, youth academy, scouting system and global branding

very impressive

December 15, 2009, 01:53:02 AM
Reply #26

Gumpinio

Don't Barca get money from the tax payers in the city (same as Real Madrid)?  Along with a huge stadium which is filled with fans watching the best football in the world?

I'd love to know exactly where all the money everton have earned over the past 3 or 4 years has gone.  Consistantly good league places, the UEFA knock out stages, a Carling Cup Semi final, the FA Cup final and not spending huge quantities on players or wages (relative to our peers).  Its got to have gone somewhere.
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

December 15, 2009, 01:55:16 AM
Reply #27

Gash

Global Moderator
Don't Barca get money from the tax payers in the city (same as Real Madrid)?  Along with a huge stadium which is filled with fans watching the best football in the world?

I'd love to know exactly where all the money everton have earned over the past 3 or 4 years has gone.  Consistantly good league places, the UEFA knock out stages, a Carling Cup Semi final, the FA Cup final and not spending huge quantities on players or wages (relative to our peers).  Its got to have gone somewhere.

I think most of goes on servicing our debts. We seem to have more mortgages than Alliance and Leicester.

December 15, 2009, 02:02:55 AM
Reply #28

ForzaItalia

I think most of goes on servicing our debts. We seem to have more mortgages than Alliance and Leicester.

Exactly right, all the money made goes on repaying the vast amount of "managable" debt that Bill has managed to get us in  :titanic:
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

December 15, 2009, 02:12:01 AM
Reply #29

Jamokachi

Citing Tottenham or City as examples of a good board is just a joke.

Spurs have spent about 30million every season for the last 5 years and have nothing to show for it.

City spent over 200 million, 50million of which was on Defenders and they still conceded three against Bolton.

pmsl, how is that the boards fault? At least they're providing their manager with funds! It's down to Hughes how he spends it.