August 20, 2019, 07:38:14 PM

Author Topic: Everton V Bournemouth  (Read 34753 times)

February 05, 2017, 04:55:32 AM
Reply #615

TrevorSteven

Ha good to hear about Klopp and also agree about Joe Robles, who has come on leaps and bounds this year. That save at 3-2 today won us the game, fantastic. Love the way Joel is commanding his box and if he carries on with this form, then we will not need a keeper next year.

You know what? When ppl get a first impression it is hard to turn it around, espescially for a GK.

The next time Robles does a mistake everybody gonna talk about our GK problems. But what impressed me the most with Joel today was his reaction to the goals against and the chances Bournemouth created in that period.

He was fuming and shouted at the defenders...Thats the first time in a very long time I have seen an Everton-player show a moment of insane desire of winning, while things are going against us. Way to go Joel!

February 05, 2017, 05:06:27 AM
Reply #616

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Josh king wouldnt be a bad signing... That's not off the back of today, thought he has looked useful for a while
Simply simply lovely

February 05, 2017, 05:06:31 AM
Reply #617

Bluedylan

Thought the MOTD coverage wasn't great. Just focused on Lukaku and it being a mad game. No mention of our improvements as a team and the run we're on.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 05, 2017, 05:07:30 AM
Reply #618

Shogun

Administrator
Even better on MOTD
I never claimed to be a saint

February 05, 2017, 05:09:06 AM
Reply #619

Shogun

Administrator
Thought the MOTD coverage wasn't great. Just focused on Lukaku and it being a mad game. No mention of our improvements as a team and the run we're on.

Showed Ross being boss as well.

They're always a bit slow to clock on. If we end up above United (unlikely) by hopefully beating Boro then we'll get a bit more from them.
I never claimed to be a saint

February 05, 2017, 05:13:12 AM
Reply #620

KoemansNumberTens

You know what? When ppl get a first impression it is hard to turn it around, espescially for a GK.

The next time Robles does a mistake everybody gonna talk about our GK problems. But what impressed me the most with Joel today was his reaction to the goals against and the chances Bournemouth created in that period.

He was fuming and shouted at the defenders...Thats the first time in a very long time I have seen an Everton-player show a moment of insane desire of winning, while things are going against us. Way to go Joel!

You're not wrong. People tried to even blame him for the Stoke goal. Once it's been decided on a keeper they'll get some of the blame for most goals

February 05, 2017, 05:14:35 AM
Reply #621

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Showed Ross being boss as well.

They're always a bit slow to clock on. If we end up above United (unlikely) by hopefully beating Boro then we'll get a bit more from them.
Don't wanna sound that bitter but if dele alli did that back heel we'd be seeing it for months

Anyway

Simply simply lovely

February 05, 2017, 05:20:34 AM
Reply #622

Gash

Global Moderator
Don't wanna sound that bitter but if dele alli did that back heel we'd be seeing it for months

Anyway

Come on Jim, you need to drop this Dele Alli conspiracy thing you've got going on and just accept that he's a very good player.

February 05, 2017, 05:21:35 AM
Reply #623

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
And while they concentrate on an ever compacting top six, the team in seventh draw ever closer.
Under Martinez we'd have fallen apart at 3-2, it was never in doubt today though, we have that arrogance, of which Martinez often spoke of, back in abundance but with a work rate, tactical ability, flexibility and confidence that we've not seen in a very, very long time.
Defensively we look naive at times and we'll need one if not two new centre backs in the summer. The progress shown in players such as Lukaku, Barkley, and Robles is astounding though - coupled with the emergence of players such as Davies, Holgate and Lookman and Koeman has me well and truly on side.
COYB 
(Zoolander)

February 05, 2017, 05:29:00 AM
Reply #624

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Come on Jim, you need to drop this Dele Alli conspiracy thing you've got going on and just accept that he's a very good player.
He is that, your right. In a good way I'm glad Barkley doesn't get the hype

Simply simply lovely

February 05, 2017, 05:35:16 AM
Reply #626

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber

It's the nature of the programme really. They need to tell a story in two minutes, and nothing but the simplest of narratives fit into so little time. If this was MNF, they'd analyse the shit out of it. :)
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

February 05, 2017, 05:40:35 AM
Reply #627

Gash

Global Moderator
He is that, your right. In a good way I'm glad Barkley doesn't get the hype

At the same age he was.

February 05, 2017, 05:45:15 AM
Reply #628

Ridge

To be fair to them, they did have to fit in 9 goals.

February 05, 2017, 06:07:18 AM
Reply #629

everton1952

They spent 20+ minutes on the Chelsea game, lots of coverage for the manager and even the owner and his female companion.