August 19, 2019, 08:58:53 AM

Author Topic: Everton V Bournemouth  (Read 34707 times)

February 04, 2017, 10:48:29 PM
Reply #15

toffee_scot

Uh another Bournemouth go. All about game management

February 04, 2017, 10:51:33 PM
Reply #16

toffee_scot

6 FUCKING 3!!!!!!!!!!1

February 04, 2017, 11:01:18 PM
Reply #17

toffee_scot

You have to give Bournemouth quite a bit of credit. They could have given up after our 3rd goal but they just kept on going and showed a lot of positivity and caused us a lot of problems. Granted they might have been very naive at times at the back but I wish some of the shithouse teams in the bottom half of the league would show a bit more courage like Eddie Howe's side.

February 04, 2017, 11:05:23 PM
Reply #18

toffee_scot

First 6:3 since 1933

Just Googled that. Against Leicester with Dixie Dean scoring a hat trick. The game before we thrashed Luton 6-0 in the FA Cup.

February 04, 2017, 11:09:12 PM
Reply #19

toffee_scot

It was one of those freak games that happens now and again today.

Reminds me of that Blackpool game a few years ago, goal after goal.

Yes, I think that was the last time an Everton player scored 4 goals during a match - Louis Saha.

February 04, 2017, 11:20:45 PM
Reply #20

toffee_scot

We have 40 points.

We are safe.

3 more wins and we will already have done much better than the previous 2 seasons points wise.

February 04, 2017, 11:59:10 PM
Reply #21

toffee_scot

I never saw the game, but giving up three goals at home worries me, regardless of the final score.

Yeah, I think one of our main priorities in the summer will be to bring in a central defender.

Saying that, I think this game was more just one of those freakish contests. After we went 3-0 up, we seemed quite happy to step down one gear and even invited Bournemouth to have more of the ball while we would wait for counterattacking opportunities. Along with that, Bournemouth must have thought, "well, we might as well have a go, we know what it's like losing 4-0 or 5-0 in games but if we can score one then that would be a consolation". When their goal went in they just went into attacking overdrive and they were winning more battles in the centre of the pitch. We struggled to contain them and clear the ball but because they were very much committed to attacking and scoring, they were extremely suspect at the back and once we made the defensive subs we managed to gain more control of the game and score another 3. Also without Robles making a few key saves, Bournemouth would have likely gone 4-3 up.

I expect we'll concede more soft goals in the next few months but I don't expect us to concede 3 goals per game or even 2 goals per game on average between now and the end of the season.

February 05, 2017, 06:13:00 AM
Reply #22

toffee_scot

That's a great result but we can't do that against the better quality teams. Rom for the golden boot?  :P

Man City?