September 17, 2019, 11:51:28 PM

Author Topic: Rodriguez Signs for the Shower  (Read 2827 times)

January 14, 2010, 01:23:01 AM
Read 2827 times

.Rimbo.

Three-and-a-half-year deal. Will probably take Riera's place in the side.

Anyone else think Riera is another one for Rafa's Flop Scrapbook?

January 14, 2010, 02:04:27 AM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
Three-and-a-half-year deal. Will probably take Riera's place in the side.

Anyone else think Riera is another one for Rafa's Flop Scrapbook?

That scrap books fast becoming an epic novel.

January 14, 2010, 02:08:15 AM
Reply #2

.Rimbo.

It's like Dan Brown's new one for fucks sake!

January 14, 2010, 02:17:37 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
It's like Dan Brown's new one for fucks sake!

More pages than all Dan Brown's books put together.

January 14, 2010, 02:31:27 AM
Reply #4

Gareth

I actually quite rate Riera. He was quality at times for them last season. He's direct, tall & built and has all the tools to be a top winger imo. Just needs to get fit and have a run of games. I wish we had got him when we were rumoured to be interested.

Maxi's more right sided isn't he? I'd say Kuyts in trouble, lot of my mates been saying he's been shite this year, just a pure average work horse. With Benayoun being quality and playing on the left tonight I'd say it might be Dirk looking over his shoulder.

January 14, 2010, 02:33:42 AM
Reply #5

.Rimbo.

Unless he's done it to allow Torres some rest and putting Kuyt up top, Gareth?

I'm not a fan of Riera at all. I think he's very average.

January 14, 2010, 02:41:02 AM
Reply #6

Gareth

That's a definite possibility, especially as Torres has just gone off injured.

They needed more strikers options so it would make sense to move Kuyt up there. Only really got N'gog now they've jibbed Voronin.

January 14, 2010, 02:51:28 AM
Reply #7

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think that Riera could be quite good. Just not with them. They don't play to his strengths and never really have.

They probably only bought him to stop us buying him.

January 14, 2010, 02:53:06 AM
Reply #8

.Rimbo.

I think that Riera could be quite good. Just not with them. They don't play to his strengths and never really have.

That was the feeling I DEFINITELY got with Sissoko.

January 14, 2010, 02:56:06 AM
Reply #9

Bily No Pace

Maxi Rod is one of my favourite players. Why do the shite keep signing my favourite players? I was in love with alonso before he signed and always thought benayoun was quality.
Bily No Pace has no signature

January 14, 2010, 02:56:16 AM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator

I think you could say that about a lot of Benitez buys. He seems to go out and buy players, then not have a clue what to do with them.

January 14, 2010, 03:03:52 AM
Reply #11

bloody scally

I'd snap thier arm off for Reira. I thought he was a real one we missed out on.

January 14, 2010, 04:31:09 AM
Reply #12

toffee_scot

I actually quite rate Riera. He was quality at times for them last season. He's direct, tall & built and has all the tools to be a top winger imo. Just needs to get fit and have a run of games. I wish we had got him when we were rumoured to be interested.

Maxi's more right sided isn't he? I'd say Kuyts in trouble, lot of my mates been saying he's been shite this year, just a pure average work horse. With Benayoun being quality and playing on the left tonight I'd say it might be Dirk looking over his shoulder.

Ironically, didn't we try and sign Riera and Kuyt one time before they joined Liverpool? I seem to remember we had a £10m bid for Kuyt rejected and Liverpool for some reason managed to get him for just less than the amount we offered. Not that I'm complaining! I also seem to remember we entered the race to sign Riera despite Liverpool already having tried to start negotiations early that summer and he made it clear he wanted to join Liverpool and not us (which was a waste of time). He's done alright for them, whether Bilyaletdinov proves to be the better purchase in the long run, we'll have to wait and see.

January 14, 2010, 08:42:23 PM
Reply #13

Ong-Timus Prime

Maxi Rod is one of my favourite players. Why do the shite keep signing my favourite players? I was in love with alonso before he signed and always thought benayoun was quality.

Why can't you have Tony Hibbert as your favourite player ;)
if you know yer history...