November 19, 2017, 03:04:33 PM

Author Topic: I have a question...  (Read 4615 times)

January 14, 2010, 01:27:35 AM
Read 4615 times

.Rimbo.

If Neill is valued at 800,000, what is Hibbert's value?

deCoubertin

January 14, 2010, 01:28:26 AM
Reply #1

Chris

Administrator
I really think we'd struggle to find a buyer.

January 14, 2010, 01:29:13 AM
Reply #2

Gareth

Neill's value is dictated by the fact he is out of contract in the summer.

I'd say Hibbert is worth about £2mill max.

January 14, 2010, 01:31:10 AM
Reply #3

ayrshire toffeeman

yes roughly 2million decent right/centre back can play in 2 positions remember,solid and isour most capped euro player i think

January 14, 2010, 01:32:22 AM
Reply #4

.Rimbo.

yes roughly 2million decent right/centre back can play in 2 positions remember,solid and isour most capped euro player i think

Granted, the contract thing, but Neill is probably on more money than Hibbert and is a better right back and centre back than Hibbert.

January 14, 2010, 01:56:57 AM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't say he was a better right back. 

January 14, 2010, 02:00:34 AM
Reply #6

.Rimbo.

Neill's best position is right back.

January 14, 2010, 02:19:32 AM
Reply #7

Endless, Nameless

A mars bar and a digital radio.

Seriously, I have no idea. Who would want him? He's not great at anything, but he isn't really bad at anything either.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

January 14, 2010, 02:22:12 AM
Reply #8

Gash

Global Moderator
Wouldn't think Hibbo is worth much more than a million. He's actually probably worth more here than away. He's not one of our top earners, and would at least provide back up. If we had someone to replace him with or if Coleman makes the step up.

January 14, 2010, 02:22:21 AM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
A mars bar and a digital radio.

Seriously, I have no idea. Who would want him? He's not great at anything, but he isn't really bad at anything either.

I'd imagine that half of the PL would be interested given the fact that he's consistently played for a team that has been in the top 7 of the PL for 5 of the previous 7 seasons.

January 14, 2010, 02:25:16 AM
Reply #10

Gareth

Newly promoted sides or someone like Blackburn, Wolves, Hull, Wigan would take him for £2million if they were offered him I imagine.

Experienced consistent Premier League player thats played at the top level for 8/9 years with lots of European experience.

I'd rather him than some no mark from abroad who hasn't played in the league if I were them.

January 14, 2010, 02:28:33 AM
Reply #11

Endless, Nameless

I'd imagine that half of the PL would be interested given the fact that he's consistently played for a team that has been in the top 7 of the PL for 5 of the previous 7 seasons.

Not because of his excellence though. Just because we've never managed to sign a quality RB. Don't get me wrong, I like Hibbo and he's been a fantastic servant to the club, but I don't think we could ever sell him for a value worth selling him for. The only teams who'd sign him would be lower level PL clubs or championship clubs, as he is just a solid defender. You'd only sign him if you were really lacking in the RB department. So what would they offer? 1.5-2 million, absolute tops? And I think he's worth more than that to us, specifically, so I just can't see him ever leaving the club.

January 14, 2010, 02:33:11 AM
Reply #12

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I can't see him leaving either and yes he's worth more to us than his potential fee, but he's miles better than a championship defender.

Yes we haven't signed a better RB, but if he was that bad we'd have spent more time earlier on looking for one. The fact that we didn't shows that he is a solid, reliable and competent defender at the top end of the top level.

Therefore there'd be plenty of takers.

January 14, 2010, 02:35:43 AM
Reply #13

gedgino

£2m?? Come on...i'm not saying he's the greatest footballer ever, but hes a premiership player for years and still only 28. Lots of sides would cry out for Hibbert.  I think nearer £5m

January 14, 2010, 02:37:45 AM
Reply #14

Endless, Nameless

He just doesn't excel at all. That's his problem. He doesn't have much pace, not too much skill or control, not great at crossing. He can tackle well, and as a defender that is obviously the priority. I just think that he is not great, but good, and has been important for us. He still is, but he's just not special enough to warrant a higher price tag, so I think selling him would never be a viable option.