November 23, 2017, 09:54:44 AM

Author Topic: I have a question...  (Read 4623 times)

January 14, 2010, 02:58:11 AM
Reply #15

Popeye

I doubt Tony Hibbert would leave Everton unless the club made it 100% clear that that he's not wanted. He's a local lad made good. He might not be true international class, but there are roughly 35,000 in the stands who would swop laces with him to play footie for the Blues.
He does his absolute best every week and I hope he stays and finishes his career with the Blues - he's level-headed enough to know that if the club can find better, they will... but, he's shown this season that he is more versatile than most thought... and that has obviously been noted.

deCoubertin

January 14, 2010, 03:07:47 AM
Reply #16

fortune9

when is his testamonial how long he been with us???
Those that dont know do not matter!

January 14, 2010, 03:11:03 AM
Reply #17

Gash

Global Moderator
when is his testamonial how long he been with us???

Made is debut in March 2001. So I would think they will take from there, rather than his total time at the club.

January 14, 2010, 03:14:58 AM
Reply #18

BlueSte

Neill's value is dictated by the fact he is out of contract in the summer.

I'd say Hibbert is worth about 2mill max.

THIS COULD TREBLE IF HE SCORES A CROSS OR CLEARANCE AKIN TO ASVALDO ARNEVILLES (PHIL TO HIS MATES)
The Black Watch

January 14, 2010, 03:48:50 AM
Reply #19

efcforlife

who would want him? who would fucking want him?

Probably every club outside the prem in english football and every scottish club bar 3...ive never heard anything as stupid as that tbh

of course he's got a price and of course there would be a willing bidder..

I dont think Tony Hibbert is the type of player to take us forward, make no mistake... but it seems because of that fact people automatically put him the ''pub football'' league, and thats just bollocks, he's a quality footballer and pro.

January 14, 2010, 03:56:11 AM
Reply #20

DJ1994

Hibbert: 2.50 and a packet of crisp
although on is day probley 2 mill
Class of Merseyside

January 14, 2010, 04:04:58 AM
Reply #21

toffee_scot

I think Hibbert is worth approx. 1m. I think overall he's been a reliable defender, but I would agree that he isn't the sort of player teams like Hull, Stoke, Burnley or Wolves would be that keen to buy. Maybe a very decent Championship side would be interested.

But he has been at the club for a very long time. Isn't he due a testimonial in the next couple of years assuming he is still around the first team?

January 14, 2010, 01:39:03 PM
Reply #22

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think Hibbert is worth approx. £1m. I think overall he's been a reliable defender, but I would agree that he isn't the sort of player teams like Hull, Stoke, Burnley or Wolves would be that keen to buy. Maybe a very decent Championship side would be interested.

But he has been at the club for a very long time. Isn't he due a testimonial in the next couple of years assuming he is still around the first team?

Those 4 teams you mention, surely you realise how much better he is at RB than whatever dross plays for them?

Our fans underestimate Hibbo in comparison with other teams players as people don't get to see how bad the other players are as they're not watched on a regular basis.

If Hibbo was as bad as people seem to think, then the rest of the team must have been doing a spectacular job of covering for him for the past 8 years.

January 14, 2010, 01:44:52 PM
Reply #23

Derek

I think he'll be with us until retirement!
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 14, 2010, 05:44:26 PM
Reply #24

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Would be very pissed if we sold him.

January 14, 2010, 06:03:24 PM
Reply #25

EFC2302

Made is debut in March 2001. So I would think they will take from there, rather than his total time at the club.

Although some people knock him, you can't question his dedication, it's just a shame his ability wasn't as strong. In saying that he has put in some excellent performances this season, especially BATE away when he covered in the CB position.

I for one will be making an effort to get to his testimonial when / if he has one, just to pay respect to him as true dedicated and commited player
Andy Hinchcliffe has a wicked left foot!!!!!  :tongue:

January 14, 2010, 06:04:22 PM
Reply #26

Alanvideo

Hibbo is a TRUE BLUE - look how he filled in at centre back. Love to see him score in front of the Gwladys and hear the crowd go berserk ! Not the best in the world but a sound pro and plenty of clubs would take him for 2m. Think he'd have to be forced out though.
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 14, 2010, 06:30:57 PM
Reply #27

Connavar

I'm not his greatest fan but a i think 2m for someone who has consistently held down a first team place in a relatively successfully premiership team over the past 5 years is an insult. Besides the fact he's English, and English players always command more money in the Market!

January 14, 2010, 06:33:36 PM
Reply #28

everton.chris

We would have to pay 5m to get rid of him
People who know it all are especially annoying to those of us who don't

January 14, 2010, 08:57:06 PM
Reply #29

Ong-Timus Prime

How much did Villa pay for Shorey or Cuellar? How much is Bruce going to have to pay Wigan for Figueroa?
Hibbert's a better full-back than all of them. He's worth much more than 2M
if you know yer history...