August 22, 2019, 06:12:57 AM

Author Topic: Stoke City Vs Everton  (Read 45285 times)

December 29, 2010, 10:40:50 PM
Read 45285 times

Thom

Administrator
I think it's fairly obvious what will happen for this one. Moyes will go out with our most physical looking side to combat Stoke's physicality. That means Anichebe and Jagielka, if he's fit, and maybe Osman for his tenacity starting too (if he's fit also). I'd expect Saha to start too as, supposedly, he's good in the air so he'll be stuck at the near post for defending corners.

To sum up, I don't want to see this lineup but I think it's kind of nailed on:

-----------------Howard---------
Neville--Jags---Distin---Baines
Anichebe--Arteta---Fellaini---Pienaar
------------Cahill-----Saha--------

Be arsed making a prediction. We could either batter them or be battered depending on what moods are players/Moyes are in.

January 01, 2011, 08:09:10 PM
Reply #1

Thom

Administrator
Team: Howard, Neville, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Coleman, Arteta, Fellaini, Pienaar, Cahill, Saha.

Subs: Mucha, Bilyaletdinov, Rodwell, Osman, Hibbert, Anichebe, Beckford.

Surprised that Moyes has started Coleman instead of Vic, but he was one of our better players against West Ham so it's only fair for him to start.

No Yakubu on the bench too. Looks like he's offski then.

January 01, 2011, 09:51:15 PM
Reply #2

Thom

Administrator
Same story as always. Getting sick and tired of seeing it, and saying it.

Cannot believe that Neville dived in for their goal... come to think of that, Jones shouldn't have been left unmarked for both his headers either, so it was a host of errors once again on our behalf.

Arteta should definitely be taken off. Stick Anichebe up with Saha and drop Cahill into midfield with Fellaini to give us some more battling ability in those areas. Can't see it happening though.

January 01, 2011, 10:31:59 PM
Reply #3

Thom

Administrator
Utterly hopeless. Good to see that changes were made but it's the same, boring, negative, shite formation.

Absolutely had it with Moyes, as well as Kenwright, now. Was a Moyes fan before this season, but he's been utterly garbage with 95% of this squad this season.