October 23, 2019, 05:28:15 PM

Author Topic: Stoke City Vs Everton  (Read 47876 times)

January 01, 2011, 11:12:16 PM
Reply #330

charlatan

In a way Moyes is a victim of his own progression of the club. That formation and style of play is excellent against teams of greater quality or in tight games in which a team will attack. This season we've struggled against teams in which the pressure has been on us to break them, and the team seem utterly incapable of doing so. Moyes' inability to change his tactics or even his style of play is perilous recidivism at best.

Just said exactly the same in Si's thread
What I don't understand is that Moyes cant be the only one who believes in the system, what is Round saying in his ear? Our coaches, the players, are they in agreement 4-5-1 is the way. Similarly with the substitutions, is Round giving an opinion, is he being listened to?

Round, I fear, is just a yes man

January 01, 2011, 11:14:08 PM
Reply #331

marky v

Because people are too busy figuring out how to blame Moyes or Hibbert.

Bill is the farting elephant in the room making the place slowly but surely unbearable. But we don't talk of him. No. That would be "boring."

Hibbert is shit though to be fair mate, if he didn't come through the youth system he would be hung,

back to today though,

January 01, 2011, 11:14:49 PM
Reply #332

everton-4-ever

devoid of ideas

devoid of passion

devoid of optimisim

devoid moyes
do to the man as the man would to you but do it first!!

January 01, 2011, 11:15:38 PM
Reply #333

cantoffee

Hibbert is shit though to be fair mate, if he didn't come through the youth system he would be hung,

back to today though,

Wind it in.

January 01, 2011, 11:17:45 PM
Reply #334

Fern

Moyes is laughable now

Really. Ha I can't wait till Allardyce or Hodgson takes over, then you'd see what is laughable.

If Moyes goe to a club that invest like Spurs he would win trophies without a shadow of a doubt

January 01, 2011, 11:19:13 PM
Reply #335

Dr. Sponge

One defeat in nine away games

One WIN in the last ten games

Which one means more in the league table?

Exactly, to turn those draws into wins, we need the extra cutting edge in the final 3rd that we're not getting at the moment. I'm by no means defending our team or manager.

January 01, 2011, 11:20:38 PM
Reply #336

ilikebrunettes

Really. Ha I can't wait till Allardyce or Hodgson takes over, then you'd see what is laughable.

If Moyes goe to a club that invest like Spurs he would win trophies without a shadow of a doubt

Boring rubbish. Hodgson is above us in the league for a start.

You know.. their is other managers in world football other than Big Sam
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

January 01, 2011, 11:20:57 PM
Reply #337

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
What i want to know is what it will take for a kenwright out chant to start? What will it take for a moyes out chant? Which should come first?

January 01, 2011, 11:21:37 PM
Reply #338

everton-4-ever

he wouldnt because his brand of football doesnt involve playing the best players available only his favourites

and he would turn spurs from an entertaining and dynamic attacking team to a 1 up front pass it sidewards bore merchants

January 01, 2011, 11:21:48 PM
Reply #339

cantoffee

What i want to know is what it will take for a kenwright out chant to start? What will it take for a moyes out chant? Which should come first?

The Moyes chant, guaranteed.

January 01, 2011, 11:23:38 PM
Reply #340

cantoffee

he wouldnt because his brand of football doesnt involve playing the best players available only his favourites

and he would turn spurs from an entertaining and dynamic attacking team to a 1 up front pass it sidewards bore merchants

He is playing his best available players, but they're out of form.

January 01, 2011, 11:25:13 PM
Reply #341

everton-4-ever

He is playing his best available players, but they're out of form.

maybe today historicaly not

hibbert cup final springs to mind !

January 01, 2011, 11:28:31 PM
Reply #342

matty1878

now.. moyes must stay till the end of the season,at the least. then we need answers from the clowns who run us.and why there even on our board.
row u seat 167 park end

January 01, 2011, 11:28:41 PM
Reply #343

nomorechang

RIP
devoid of ideas

devoid of passion

devoid of optimisim

devoid moyes

Devoid of attackers
Devoid of the cash to buy them
Devoid of a squad big enough to cover for injured , suspended or out of form players
Devoid of the money to offer competitive contracts to players he wants to keep
Devoid of a boardroom  structure that will enable him to improve the squad when we look like we could start to break through the ceiling ... ie after the Cup Final or after our run of games in the second half of last season .

If this continues he won't be sacked ... Kenwright could not afford to sack him .. A job will come along and he'll walk , along with any hope we'll ever get of regaining our status ... He'll be snapped up and there are Chairmen out there who'd think it was their birthday and Christmas to have him .... and they'd give him a proper budget ..... Randy Lerner for starters
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

January 01, 2011, 11:29:08 PM
Reply #344

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If we're getting loans in it needs to be done ASAP. If not we need to put together a side that will compete, although at the moment that is looking worryingly difficult.

There are some glaring issues though that we can hope if rectified can lead to better results.

1. Even if you are Saha's mum I don't know how you can argue for him to remain as the loan striker. IF people still want to play him at the very least he can't be the lone striker. Enough is enough, I can't understand Moyes if he starts with him again. It'll be as baffling as the Osman on the right issue.

2. We need to put some faith in other players as those on Moyes' good list aren't doing the job. It has to be time to let Billy have a crack, perhaps behind the striker as Cahill is off. At least we know he'd try shooting once in a while. I'd be giving serious consideration to Gueye, Beckford and Vaughan (if he isn't off) having more of a look in. At the very least you'd have some proper competition and some added pace wouldn't go amiss, plus I'd be amazed if they created less shots on goal than the current lot. In defence if Heitinga isn't off I honestly think he should be tried in a partnership with Distin. This isn't because of the own goal but Jags has been very iffy this season, Heitinga and Distin had a solid partnership for the second half of our season last year so why not resume that?

I can't see us getting more adventurous but can we give up on this idea that we have to play Neville to get a result yet? If we are going to be bold play Coleman with another attacking option in front of him (Anichebe, Billy...?). And with our lack of creativity in the middle I'd also think hard about giving Pienaar a go in there and playing someone else on the left (Osman, Billy, Anichebe, Gueye...). Unless we can muster up a winger on loan.