November 20, 2017, 03:10:29 AM

Author Topic: Everton v WBA  (Read 10577 times)

March 11, 2017, 05:04:51 PM
Reply #45

Rhys

I would like to see if Funes Mori remains as inconsistent/maddening next to a different partner.  Williams has been awful for months.

And even if he is, we can see if Holgate works at CB, so that maybe we try him next to Jags?

I cant think of one centre back he's played next to that has done well consistently in that period with him? Stones had his worst spell of his career last season, Jags declined quickly from being reliable and Williams has looked inconsistent. Williams best game for us was away at Man City and he was playing next to Jags for instance.

For me I think its more likely Williams level would rise next to a reliable centre half partner than it is that Mori's would because he has looked the same rash unpredictable centre back next to Stones, Jags and Williams now.

So much relies on centre half pairing knowing what the other is going to do so they can plan and position where they are or go in case their partner loses it. With Mori you dont know if he is going to fly in and win a header, fly in too late and get pulled out of the picture, hold off deep or fly in and throw in a certain booking challenge. It's really hard if you are the other player to decide what position or shape you need to hold when you have little idea what he is doing in what situation.

I think we should buy 2 centre halves if we can this summer, but I'd be ok with Williams as next in line or if we can't get two and whatever else we need I'd rather us be putting the new player next to Williams than Mori.

March 11, 2017, 05:28:07 PM
Reply #46

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Bring Jags back that's what I say.  No YOU fuck off!

March 11, 2017, 05:47:57 PM
Reply #47

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I hear you brother

Simply simply lovely

March 11, 2017, 05:50:39 PM
Reply #48

Zoolander

Brace yourself.....
Folk need to brush up on the puns here. After all Lookman isn't here just to be filling in the squad numbers, given good coaching he'll be a jewel in our crown.

March 11, 2017, 05:57:41 PM
Reply #49

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

I'm guessing that he's pretty much done otherwise I'm sure he'd be playing.

March 11, 2017, 06:12:58 PM
Reply #50

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Woohoo. We're on telly today.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

March 11, 2017, 06:13:58 PM
Reply #51

TheTone

Folk need to brush up on the puns here. After all Lookman isn't here just to be filling in the squad numbers, given good coaching he'll be a jewel in our crown.

The step up to the premier league hasn't looked a bridge too far for him, I like his injection of pace but he needs to polish up on his finishing

anyways I'll miss the first half, have an appointment with the dentist at tooth hurty

March 11, 2017, 07:34:40 PM
Reply #52

Evertonian in NC

I cant think of one centre back he's played next to that has done well consistently in that period with him? Stones had his worst spell of his career last season, Jags declined quickly from being reliable and Williams has looked inconsistent. Williams best game for us was away at Man City and he was playing next to Jags for instance.

For me I think its more likely Williams level would rise next to a reliable centre half partner than it is that Mori's would because he has looked the same rash unpredictable centre back next to Stones, Jags and Williams now.

So much relies on centre half pairing knowing what the other is going to do so they can plan and position where they are or go in case their partner loses it. With Mori you dont know if he is going to fly in and win a header, fly in too late and get pulled out of the picture, hold off deep or fly in and throw in a certain booking challenge. It's really hard if you are the other player to decide what position or shape you need to hold when you have little idea what he is doing in what situation.

I think we should buy 2 centre halves if we can this summer, but I'd be ok with Williams as next in line or if we can't get two and whatever else we need I'd rather us be putting the new player next to Williams than Mori.

Of course, Stones has been shit at City, too.  Maybe Funes Mori just turns his partners into perma-shit?  In which case yeah, better keep Holgate on the bench.

Buying 2 CBs does make sense if the price is right, it's just too bad we never got much of a look at Holgate (in Cup play, maybe) to see if he could be a better 3rd choice option next season.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 11, 2017, 07:36:26 PM
Reply #53

Evertonian in NC

Woohoo. We're on telly today.

NBCSN featured, and not just the "after infomercial" CNBC secondary feed!  Having 6 matches postponed helps out the cause...
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 11, 2017, 07:42:39 PM
Reply #54

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Jags has been the worst of the bunch.

It's very revisionist to call for him to be recalled.

March 11, 2017, 07:50:26 PM
Reply #55

Shogun

Administrator

It would be if people were claiming Jagielka was too good to be left out.

Calling for him to get another chance because Williams and/or Funes Mori aren't up to standard is fine. Afterall, he's been a far better defender than either of them down the years.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 11, 2017, 07:54:56 PM
Reply #56

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

He had an awful run of 3-4 games, was dropped and hasn't been since.

Mori has been (not quite as, but still fucking) shite all season.

People are hoping that Jags form was just a bad spell, rather than indicating he's done. If Jags had been playing for 10-15 games this season and still giving away stupid penalties all the time, there would be less calls for his return.

I think people (me included) find it hard to say Jags is finished without having seen the evidence for ourselves.

March 11, 2017, 08:03:17 PM
Reply #57

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
You get your wish.

To be honest it is time Mori was dropped.

March 11, 2017, 08:03:23 PM
Reply #58

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Jags and Barry?  :/
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

March 11, 2017, 08:04:40 PM
Reply #59

Shogun

Administrator
Not really sure why Koeman is messing with the midfield.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth